Chapter 21: Messy Breakfast

Childcare Chaos

 

“Youngie, I’m hungry~” The doe-eye girl whined, interrupting the teacher who is trying to explain something to the class. He stops talking and looks at the two girls at the back of the classroom, frowning. Since no one explained to him about the new face in the class, he didn’t know the reason for the new girl’s presence in the class.

 

“… Yoongie, I will buy some food for you later, okay? I’m busy now.” Noticing the teacher’s stare, Sooyoung pats the girl gently, trying to get her to stop whining. However, not knowing the situation, the doe-eye girl refuses to stop. The teacher clears his throat loudly on purpose, successfully getting the girl’s attention.

 

“…. Y… Youngie, who’s that scary ahjjusshi?” Yoona gulped, hugging Sooyoung’s arm tightly.

 

“Sorry, teacher. That’s my sister.” The tanned girl spoke up, knowing that the teacher is losing his patience already. “Please pardon her. She’s still a kid.”

 

Hearing that, everything seems so clear to the whole class and the teacher. They understand her almost immediately. The teacher nodded, and allowed Sooyoung to get out of the class with the doe-eye girl to get some food. Sooyoung thanked the teacher, and grabbed Yoona’s hand, leading her out of the class quickly.

 

“So, it’s actually triplet instead of twins?” The teacher asked.

 

“Yes. Because of her condition, we didn’t let her attend school.” Yuri replied. The teacher nodded, and continued with the lesson. Meanwhile, the tall girl brings the doe-eye girl to the school canteen. Although Sooyoung asked her to sit down and wait for her, Yoona insists on staying by her side and clings on stubbornly. Sighing, Sooyoung smiled and approached one of the food stalls.

 

“Morning, ahjjumma. Can I have two set As?” Sooyoung greeted the middle-aged lady resting at the corner of the tiny space she had as her stall.

 

“Oh? Morning, Sooyoung ssi. Why are you here at this timing? And who is this pretty girl?” The lady stands up immediately and starts to prepare what Sooyoung had ordered without hesitation.

 

“Ahh, because this naughty girl whined too much that my teacher decided to let me come out and get some food for this girl. Haha. She’s my favorite girl, ahjjumma. Yul’s sister.”

 

“Yuri ssi’s sister? Younger?”

 

“No. Same age.”

 

“Isn’t Yuri ssi and Seohyun ssi, twins?”

 

“The three of them are a triplet. She’s unwell so she’s not attending school.”

 

“Ah I see. Here’s your set A. Enjoy your meal.”

 

“Thanks, ahjjumma. Yoongie, say thank you.” Sooyoung picks up the tray of food and smiled, before turning to the girl beside her.

 

“Thank you~~” Yoona said it cheerfully, making the lady smile.

 

“She’s sure energetic! Haha.” The lady laughed, and Sooyoung did the same. Thanking the lady once more, Sooyoung carries the tray to a table and settles down beside Yoona, who eats the food quickly.

 

“Slow down, Yoongie. No one is snatching it from you.” Sooyoung teased the hungry doe-eye girl.

 

“You are!” Unexpectedly, the doe-eye girl ‘shoots’ back.

 

“Ya right! Since you say that, I shall!” Sooyoung picks up a piece of meat and eats it. She then hold the spoon in Yoona’s hand, pretending that she wants to snatch it away. And therefore, it got a little messy.