II

Stuck with Detective Kim

You had fallen asleep in the car, but your fear hadn’t diminished as you woke up. Despite being awake you kept your breathing constant and your head to one side. The van was silent of any conversation. An assailant behind you was playing a game and the one to your left snoring on your shoulder.

“You shouldn’t have done this Himchan” the deep voice who bagged your head spoke.

“You know it had to be done Yongguk-”

“No it didn’t-”

“Hyung,” the assailant to your left spoke up “you could have been a normal person and told her what the hell is actually going on”

“Because she won’t believe us. We can’t tell her truth and is all for her sake”

“We have to try hyung, this isn’t a kidnapping or an arrest; this is witness protection were  talking about.”

“You’re gonna make her turn against the law with your words, stop it early Himchan" the deep voice replied, in a tone lower than before. It sent chills to your spine.

“Yongguk.” Detective Kim sighed as the car pulled to a stop. Hand brake pulled up and gear shifted to Park, you were sure both men were looking at one another now.  “Would you believe me if I told you that doctors have found an androgen in your blood that could make you become a test subject for the military”

“I’d rather hear an unbelievable truth than be misguided by the law” Yongguk replied

“Your idealism will never change”

“Relax on the realism Himchan Hyung, it’ll bite back harder” the younger of the three detectives replied as doors were opened to let everyone out one at a time.