V

Stuck with Detective Kim

Stepping into an empty house in a secluded area, you left Himchan’s side to explore on your own. Your handcuffs were long gone, and any conversation with the man was out of the question. The beach house was beautiful. Simple, quite old but beautiful. Overgrown ivy danced the wooden galleries and terraces, and despite weeds in the flowerbeds, hummingbirds flew just outside the window towards red flowers sipping deliciously their precious nectar. This gave you an idea.

You went around the house looking for detective Kim, seeming to lose all hope until the said man bumped into you as he left the bathroom with a towel wrapped snugly at his waist and another draped over his shoulders catching drops of water from his hair. You swallowed thickly. “What do you want?!”

“Um, can I have my things back please?”

“They’re in the kitchen”

“Great…thanks” you replied as you walked away

“Hey” you stopped in your tracks, it felt right to turn around. “Your wrists…are they okay?” Biting your lip, you really didn’t want to answer this question. “ing hell” he hissed quietly as he held his nape.

“You needed to make a scene. I get it” you answered as you walked closer to him

“No you don’t”

“If I don’t get it, then tell me Detective Kim”

“I didn’t need to make a scene. I didn’t need you hurt…I just need you…for this mission that is”.

Maybe it’s time you needed to speak up properly. “I know who is after me and why they’re after me. Now tell me what your mission is.” It wasn’t a question, it was a statement he HAD to answer. Himchan’s contemplation in answering you didn’t go unnoticed.

“To protect you as all costs. Make sure no one hurts you. That is my mission.