XVII

Stuck with Detective Kim

You stilled. Did he just- “Himchan-”

“Look, this…” he gestured to the space you were in. “this isn’t how I had imagined my life with you to be. Or my confession to be”

“Of course, only a psychopath would want to kidnap the girl he likes”.

“If that’s the only way I have to save you, I’ll do it”. There was no threat, there was fear in his eyes as he held your hand in both of his.

“You judged me wrong detective-”

“What man or woman would let the person they love be in the hands of a weapon war to be used as a test subject?” He countered, dark eyes boring into yours. “I’m not stupid. I know darn well how hard it must have been to keep your low profile, even if I didn’t know the whole truth.”

“I can’t trust my own people, how do you expect me to trust you”

“Because I love you,” his voice came out barely above a whisper. “I saw you. I saw how you changed, I saw those lump sum withdrawals at the ATM. I noticed your usual style change to just a hoodie and jeans. I watched your smile diminish all while you didn’t know. But baby, what you didn’t know is that they were going to let you die”

“You’re crazy”

“I’m sorry this happened to you baby-”

“Don’t baby me.”

“B-baby”

“One last healing session tomorrow and you’ll be good to go.”

“I swear if I had the courage back when I first saw back then smiling at the fountain I would have asked you for your number instead of watching you from afar.” Himchan winced at the shooting pain in his gut and frustrated tears that threatened to fall finally fell.

“Good night Detective” you gripped the door handle

“They were selling you!”