XIX

Stuck with Detective Kim

Pulling a spare blanket with you onto the sofa chair, you made yourself comfortable as the pale man nestled himself carefully amongst his sheets

“We head out before dawn. I’ve contacted my team to organise transport for us. We’ll head south towards the docks in the morning and board a container ship headed to Brazil.”

“How do you plan on going south? The military will have the roads blocked in case we make a run for it.”

“There’s a river thirty minutes away from here, if we can go downstream for a few hours, we’ll be a fifteen minute walk away from the docks”

“We’re going to need food.”

“Do you still have cash?”

“I haven’t paid my rent yet. It should last while we’re on the run.”

“We’ll figure the out together baby. It’ll be alright.”

“You need to stop-”

“I’m not listening.”

“Go to sleep.” You replied while curling away from him on the sofa.

“Good night, my love”

The sound of Himchan’s even breath filled the air as thoughts fileld your head. Blurry vision with tears lining your eyes, a squeeze of your throat and you and finally let go. Sad tears rolled down your cheek and silent sobs left you.

He loved you- wait, present tense.

Himchan loves you.

The man you admired, the man you liked for so long gave up everything for you. You can’t love him back. Not now. Regret from your stubborn decision filled your chest as the sands of time ran against your heart’s desire. How would he know you found your ability to the thought of him touching you. You rationality was tested while your heart screamed to let desires play.

“I never thought you could love me” you whispered into the night.

“Why’s that?”