XXV

Stuck with Detective Kim

Biting his thumb the young detective paced back and forth in his little cubicle. Unable to take the tension of the situation any longer, he grabbed his car keys and ran out despite the shouts of his superior. Raindrops and the bleak grey of the precinct walls only added to the jargon the poor detective experienced.

Nimble fingers combed through auburn locks with pistols ready in his holster under his jacket,  minimal preparation for stepping onto dangerous land. A long bumpy ride around the ridge and up to the pebbled driveway of a familiar house perched on a hill with a river not too far, the young detective’s heart dropped as he scrambled out of his seatbelt.

No

Before him stood a charred house instead of an old white one, small flames hissing under the pelting rain and embers still smoking as wooden fixtures fell to the ground. The buttoned nosed detective stood motionless. The cold of the wind and rain failed to fill the void in his chest for his brother-like colleague. Heavy feet found themselves slowly running towards the house. A kick to the door had it dropped to the floor.

The gut-wrenching stench of burnt skin made it’s way up his nostrils.

No!

Despite the heated ebony stairs the detective ran up the burnt stairs to the bedrooms, recalling from memory the room the love-struck man would take. Whether it the smoke burnt his eyes or the fear of losing a brother, the door was burnt to ash; the flaming inferno had really started with that room.

Gentle but heavy steps stopped at tears rolled down round cheeks, a handkerchief pulled out to rub at his runny button nose. Two charred bodies rested together in eternal peace, a smaller frame around a bigger one. Sheets burnt into skin and stomachs swelling in death, the stench and sight made the young detective’s heart weak. Running back outside and ignoring the way the stairs collapsed under him at the end, he fell to his knees and hurled out the contents of his stomach onto the ground.

Acid burnt his throat. Tears burnt his eyes. The sight of the building collapsing into itself burnt his heart. He lost a brother. His phone vibrated in his pocket, swiping the answer button and pulling it to his ear, the only two words that would render the caller speechless were spoken.

“Mission Failed.”           

 

-FIN

 

 

_____________________________

 

 

A/N. Thank you for keeping up with this story, unfortunately we have to meet our end. 
I hope you liked the story, did anyone pick up on who the detective in this chapter was?

Feel free to follow me on Twitter for story updates, B.A.P content, epic quotes and alot more.
@ScholarJayKay

Keep up with my current work:
Change.

If you're looking for a short read, there is:
The Adventures of Daehyun's Cheesecake.
A Special Moment with Himchan
A Special Moment with Youngjae

Thank you for your time~