III

Stuck with Detective Kim

You stumbled on your feet as you were pushed in a particular direction. Tripping over someone else’s shoes, gravel rocks dug into your knees, you let out a yelp.
“Jongup can you do anything right?” the owner of the voice was the same man who threw your things into the car.

“Hyung, why can’t we just carry her in” the delicate voice spoke up from behind you.

“Wherever we are…” you spoke up. Your voice hoarse form crying in the van. You swallowed as the men stopped in their tracks. All eyes were on you, you knew it. “I promise you, I won’t leave. I won’t run. I’ll listen and comply. Just…”

“Just what princess?” that mocking voice came back again.

“Just trust me” you replied. This all, all this. It was bound to happen. You knew it. Seven months ago the doctors had warned you about it. It wasn’t meant to play out like this.

The doctor told you to leave the country as soon as possible. How on earth would an art student fly out when she’s already in debt? It can’t happen.

Footsteps broke you out of your trance. “You’ll listen to your captors? Are you serious?”

You swallowed thickly. Since they want to play things out this way, let’s do it. “You can ask your sister about me. I’m a woman of my word.”

“Do you know exactly what you’re in the middle of at the moment?”

I’m in the middle of a huge biochemical war at the moment where the Soviets are trying to kidnap me, Northern Europe wants me dead, and this country’s military are searching for me. I’m a target that people want dead or alive.

“I’m kidnapped by Detective Kim” you replied. A moment of silence lingered over everyone before Himchan spoke up again.

“Good” and a flash of bright light hit your face as your head was finally uncovered