VII

Stuck with Detective Kim

 “You should go take a shower soon, we don’t have water and gas for long” Himchan begins as dark clouds roll in. “I’ll get something sorted for dinner”

Upstairs you find a wardrobe with a giant old sweater and some comfortable pants. Into the bathroom down the hall the hot shower clears your mind for a while until you notice your throat hurting more, the blue bruises from an hour ago still haven’t disappeared, and your head hurts like hell. Realisation falls into you as the doctor’s word come back at you, this is going to be embarrassing.

Downstairs Himchan is setting out dinner on the kitchen counter, so you slide onto a chair in front of a plate of baked beans. You devour the warm food as best as you can despite the burn in your throat. All the while avoiding eye contact with the man looking up at you.

“What is it?”

“Do you want an answer or the truth?” you sigh in response to the pain hooting up to your head.

“I’m trying to help.” He softens.

“It’s too embarrassing” you whisper, leaving your spoon to rub your temples.

“Is it to do with the androgen?” Himchan begins, your dizziness makes it hard to respond. A glass of water is placed in front of you, the sudden cold from the fluid in your throat makes you wince. “Look, I barely know anything about you, I need to be able to help so you need to tell me everything”

Putting all pride aside you begin. “Androgens have are proven to reduce the speed of healing, but in my body it increases hormones and catalyses healing. I heal quickly from the worst injuries, but when I’m ovulating, it goes down to the point where I can barely stand up because of a silly cold.”

“Take some meds”

“Meds make it worse. There are only two ways to heal for me. Either I let it pass like I usually do.”

“Or what?”