Checkmate

Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayun and Seunghyun sat together eating their lunch on the rooftop when Seunghyun questioned what happened to Hayun the day before she had covered by saying she was going through mood swings due to her period so he let it slide. Hayun was also curious as to why Seunghyun was awfully moody but he avoided the question, not willing to talk about it. Of all the things that have to happen, why must my father remarry? Were Seunghyun's thoughts about the ordeal.

 

*Flashback*

 

After Seunghyun's father proposed without a second thought Carole nodded ferociously Hye Yoon and her husband wore wide smiles on their faces and congratulated Carole as she started crying but Seunghyun stayed silent, the happiness of the people around him fueling the flame of his anger. His fist balled and shook in furry, he couldn't take it anymore, he stood up abruptly from his seat forcing everyone to stop everything they were doing and focus their attention on him.

It was at this point everyone knew what this would do to Seunghyun, this would be the very last straw for him, the father could see that his son was doing everything in his power not to let his anger overtake him. Carole's face turned pale, all the progress she had made with Seunghyun was down the drain now, he shot both his father and her a glare and in that glare laid so much hatred, if he hated Carole before now he despised her. Everyone expected him to yell and shout but he did neither instead he went straight to his room and locked the door.

"Well that's new" the father had never seen Seunghyun act like this before "Appa I think you broke Seunghyun, don't get me wrong I'm happy for both of you but... couldn't this wait for another few years"

"You might have a point there but don't worry eventually he'll get over it"

"Eventually?! Appa, think of how he looks at it, he always believes you're replacing omma and now getting remarried. Although he's rude, stupid and irresponsible he has a reason for being this mad" Even though the siblings bickered and fought the elder sister understood her brother.

Charlie strolled up to Seunghyun's door, scratching it and barking for Seunghyun to come out but he didn't, Charlie laid down next to the door in wait. After a while, Seunghyun came out of his room with a fairly large suitcase, walking passed Charlie, who then, got up to follow him.

His father found Seunghyun with the suitcase "What are you doing?"

Seunghyun looked at his father then forward "Moving out"

"Are you serious Seunghyun? You can't just act like a child over this, soon you'll come to realise that things don't go as you want them to"

Seunghyun glared at the elder "I'm doing this for your sake, soon you'll realise she's the same as the res-"

"No! You're only doing this for your sake, you haven't thought about whether I really like Carole or not, you just don't like her and you want her out. You haven't thought about what if she were with me as a genuine friend, you see her like that because you want to and you want to see and look for the bad in a person regardless!"

Seunghyun was outraged "Very well with me gone let's see if she's genuine, until you open your eyes I'm not coming back"

The elder smirked and said "Then go, but you won't take any of my money with you and you can't come asking things from me unless you accept my fiance as your future step-mother until then you are not allowed back here"

Charlie looked back and forth between the two and started to whine, he didn't want them to fight.

 

*At Jiyong's place*

When Jiyong saw Seunghyun with a suitcase he was surprised "Hyung what are you doing here so late?"

"I need a place to crash for a while, do you mind?"

"No, come in. My lady friend left like an hour ago, you know playing hard to get. I'll go and get the mattress"

"Do you still have that punching bag around?"

"Yeah, it's here somewhere, why?"

"I need to, relieve some stress"

And like that Seunghyun was now living with Jiyong temporarily.

 

*End flashback*

 

Seunghyun really doesn't like talking about it, lunch was over before they knew it and Hayun felt guilty for lying to Seunghyun but she thought eventually she'd be able to tell him the truth.

Bom decided to approach Hayun and see if there was really nothing going on between the two. She had found her in the hallway "Hi, you're the girl that told me about Katherine the other day, right?"

"Yes" She answered unsure of where this was leading "It's just strange because ..." she looked away and gave a glance "She didn't tell anyone to look for me"

She knows something Thought Hayun "I happened to overhear that she was looking for you" it's not a lie, technically I did overhear on my way to see Seunghyun that she was looking for her.

Bom rolled her eyes "Sure you did" she muttered "I hear you know a bit about the Seunghyun guy"

Hayun raised her eyebrow "Seunghyun guy?"

"Yeah I hear he's in your class, the thing is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter