The Smell Before Rain: All talk, but it's Real Talk;)

The Smell Before Rain

 

            He’s finally said it! :O I felt the whole world stop. Like legit. The rain drops seemed to just freeze like a frame in a movie when you press the pause button. Everyone that was walking with their umbrellas froze, their foot in midair. “Jay,” I whisper, looking at the puddles surrounding us.

            “Yes?”  he sounded so eager and desperate :/ I guess he really wants me here.

            “That’s 10 reasons.” I pause and looked up at him. “I needed just one though,” I tell him, stepping forward and throwing my arms around his neck. He laughs, relieved.

            “I know. I know,” he was still laughing. I pulled back and looked at his face. Is he crying? Oh my god, I smile big.

            “Are you crying?” I ask him, amused.

            “No! It’s the rain,” he says, giving me an Eskimo kiss. I laugh.

           

            So what Jay did was he talked to Matt about the whole Ba and Me thing. He came over and we talked about school. I had no choice but to go back to California, which leaves Jay here. Jay made a proposal that he come down to Cali every weekend and holiday just to see me. I wanted him to just come live with me, but the problem was his recording studio was in downtown Seattle, not in downtown Palo Alto lol. Plus, Cali has a lot, a lot more Jay fans. Those girls would him xD

            “Kimchi, I think you and Rian should talk things over,” Matt tells me. He’s watching the fish swim back and forth in their gigantic tank.

            “Hell nah,” I muttered, flipping through the t.v channels. Just the thought of talking to Rian made me feel sick. What would he want to talk about? Jay was in the kitchen cooking.

            “Hey! Shouldn’t you be the one cooking?” Jay calls from the kitchen.  “This is demeaning.”

I laugh, feeling better.

            “Oh, Jay. You’re such a baby,” I say teasingly, getting up to go help him and maybe snuggle a lil. But Matt grabs my wrist and won’t let me go.

            “Kimmie, I’m serious. You can’t leave this matter on such bad terms,” he tells me.

            I roll my eyes. “Mattie, don’t worry about me-“

            “When you tell me to not worry, that’s when I worry the most,” he tells me.

            “Hun, listen to your bro. He’s a wise kid,” Jay tells me, smirking from the kitchen entrance. I pout. Damnn. I just wanted to cuddle with Jay -__-

            “Fine. What do you want me to say to him?” I ask my brother.

            He looks at me with wide eyes, like as if he was in shock. “I don’t know.”

            “Exactly!” I pulled my arm away from him, breaking his grasp. “What would I say to him? I don’t want to talk to him, Matt.”

            “I know where you’re coming from. But it’s not smart to-“

            “Don’t talk about smarts with me, bro. I’m the one majoring in maths,” I huffed, sticking my chest out with pride and made my way to the kitchen. Matt wasn’t done with me though.

            “You gotta stop being so full of yourself, Kimchi,” he tells me.

            “I remember you told me Rian said something about how you kept pretending or something,” Jay says.  “You . All your life you think you can get away with . But not this time,”he growled at me. It gave me chills to remember it all so vividly. These are the memories I don’t want to remember, but can’t forget. I kind of froze, thinking about it. “Kimmie,” Jay says softly, taking my waist and pulling me to him, “hey, you know I love your confidence, right? There’s nothing more beautiful than a strong, confident woman.”

            “I’m not strong,” I whisper, suddenly bursting into tears. What the hell? What’s wrong with me?! I watch through tears as Jay wipes away the continuous streams of hot beads that kept coming out of my eyes.

            “Shh,” he whispers. “You are to me. That’s all that matters. I love you, Kimmie. Shh. It’s going to be alright. Rian will never lay another finger on you. If he ever does, I’ll break his hands.”

            I shake my head, burrowing my face into his shoulder. He smelled so nice. I love his scent, intoxicating yet homely.

            “Everything okay in here?” Matt asks, his voice loud and awkward, ringing off the walls.

            “Yeah, she’s fine,” Jay tells him. “Hit me up later, man. I’ll show you to the door.”

And Jay whispers for me to keep an eye out for the boiling pots on the stove while he and Matt talks outside. I nod, wiping away the stray tears. I felt like a lil kid crying cuz my mom wouldn’t buy me what I wanted.        

            But in reality, I’m crying cuz someone did something they shouldn’t have.

           

            “Kimmie, I think it’d be best if you say something to Rian. Just to, you know, straighten things out. Make amends,” Jay tells me. He was laying on the bed while I combed my hair. Combing out knots in hair hurts like a mofo.

            “What would I say?” I ask him, tears stinging my eyes from the stupid tangles in my hair.

            “That you forgive him or that you really value-“

            “Jay! He me! You think I can forgive him?!” I whipped around so fast I thought I popped a blood vessel in my neck o.O

            “Ahhh, my bad! I guess, you know, just, like I said make amends.” He struggled to find the right words. I put my comb down and got up to go lay down with him. He pulls me into his arms and says, “For me? And yourself?”

            “Fineeee,” I sighed. “For you.”

As for myself, I’ll have to find words to say to Rian. Word that won’t get the popo on my front steps lol. This, is going to be a challenge -__-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hi guys:) seems like you all liked the last chapter:3 I'm glad you do lol. I hate those days where you like everything you write xD i get those days a lot. Soooo, I ifnished the book i was supposed to finish last week last night lol. I'm efficient at procrastinating. Which isnt handy when it comes to doing hw or studying xD I love how all of you guys were fangirling over the last chap <3 you's all too cute:3

 

 

@nami5589 ~~~ ahh yay(: I didn’t want to make Kimmie sound too pushy, so I’m glad you liked how she actually was pushy lol. Ahah man, I’m in dreamland when I write the story. Omg, I haven’t been back to Vietnam since I was 10 :C And ohh thank you!:) Cam on nha, chi! Lolololol I hope my writing didn’t teach you bad vocab words xD I’ll update again soon!

 

@borrrill~~~ lololol thanks for pointing that out! xD guys don’t like commitment man. They is afraid of wedding rings and babies LOL. Haha jk jk jkkk. Hope you liked this chap(:

@dglove25~~~ and I’m in love with writing itttt<3 hehe:3 Thanks so much nuna(:

@raingodess424 ~~~ lolol it’d be funny if you were reading this at school and spazzing out xD awh did I really? :D ahhh I’m glad I made ur night brah!(: I’ll update as soooon as I can!

 

 

 

@Caramel-chan~~~ hi silent reader lol. ahah that’s cute man(: thanksss<3 I’ll update when I can(:

 

You guize giggled at your computer screen o.e......... freaks.......... LOLOLOLOL jkjkjkjkjkjk xD I sit there and laugh hours on end at some weird pic i find on the internet lol. So it's alllll good :)