The Smell Before Rain: Mobs and Pho

The Smell Before Rain

 

     "You. Have. To. Go. Find. An. Apartment." was the last thing Me told me before she ushered me out the house with Matt. Matt's supposed to help me find a place to live since Me and Ba deem him responsible. I question their knighting of responsibilities lol. 
     In the car, Matt insisted we go get something to eat. “Where at?” I ask him stonily. I was pissed. Why do I have to get a place to live bhfcskabjs.
     “Starbucks,” Matt tells me. “I need my quad grande six pump vanilla iced caramel maciatto, upside down .” 
Starbucks o.e The Bastard o.O I was going to retaliate and ask him if he could take us to a local coffee shop. But I knew it was pointless, because where else would they have a quad granda blah blah whatever my bro said. I don’t speak Starbucks lol.
     We pulled into the parking lot and I immediately spotted the little black sports car. “Sweet ride,” Matt jerked his chin toward the car. I was too busy keeping an eye open for him. I felt like I was in middle school again, freaking out over boys.
     We entered the shop and I took a seat right where I was last time, looking out the window. I can’t remember what time the dance studio let out>.<    “What, you’re not ordering?” Matt eyes me curiously. 
     “I will, later,” I tell him, still staring out the windows. I could feel Matt inspecting me carefully, and he left to order his frap or maciatto or whatever the hell it was. About 5 minutes later, a bunch of dancers left the building and I nearly jumped out of my chair when I saw him. Matt was coming back with his drink and I didn’t know what to do. I wanted to go out there and talk to him, but then I thought about how I left a bad impression on him.. And his car fender… that day. Ahh it .
     I got up and Matt asked me where I was going. “I gotta talk to someone,” I say, pulling my scarf tighter around my neck as I open the door. The smell of mist and coffee hit me all at once, the intoxicating scent beautiful. “Hey,” I say loud enough for him to hear.
     He looks at me for a few seconds, almost as if he was trying to decide whether to look surprised or disgusted. “Hey,” he says to me.
     “I never got your name,” I say sheepishly, looking at my shoes. The hell is that brown on it o.O 
     “Kimmie!” I turn around to find Matt pacing towards me and he froze when he saw The Bastard. “Ay man!”
     “Mattie! Hey!” he greets my brother.
     “You know each other?” I stared at both of them with wide eyes as they gave each other a fist bump and one of those hugs where they pat each others back. What am I missing here? 
     “I haven’t seen you in forever! How’s Harvard?” he asks Matt.
     “It’s been going great! I’m working some crazy hard studies right now, and the deadline is in a week,” Matt shakes his head sadly. The Bastard nods knowingly. How can he be such a jerk to me when he’s so nice to my brother o.O Maybe he just hates me lol. I’m a naturally hate-able person.
     “This your girlfriend?” he gestures towards me and I laugh. EW. Matt and I DATING.
     “No. He’s my brother,” I say, obviously.
     “I didn’t know you had a sis,” he slugs my brother playfully.
     “I wish you didn’t,” Matt laughs and The Bastard laughs too and my heart does that stupid thing where it beats faster and faster. “Hey, listen, I have to finish that study soon. My parents want my lil sis outta the house, though. Would you mind helping her look for a place?”
    I gave Matt the evil eye, but he ignored me and kept on looking at The Bastard for an answer. How could my own brother leave me for his school work to some mean, hot, bastard that hates me?!
     “Oh yeah! Sure, no problem,” he smiles brightly at my brother. 
     And with that my brother left me. Alone. With this handsome man. I watched in terror as my brother got into the car and drove off, to home, leaving me here. And that’s when it hit me. My phone was in the car along with my purse. I was about to run after the car like I used to run after the bus in middle school. LOL. That was so embarrassing TT__TT. But he begun to walk away from me and I said, “Wait, where you going?”
     “Home,” he says.
     “But-but- I thought you were going to help me…. Find an apartment?” I struggled to say. He’s got me tongue tied o.o And I barely know who he is.
     “I have a proposal. My flat’s big. And I live alone. Come live with me,” he says while walking to his car, his strides long. WAIT. WHAT:
     “I don’t even know you!” I say, louder than expected. He stopped dead in his tracks, causing me to crash into his broad back, smooshing my nose. His back’s hard o.O. “Ow,” I muttered, rubbing my nose that was probably broken. He turned around and he had his hand out, as if he wanted to shake hands or something. “What are you doing?” I ask him.
     “Waiting for you to shake my hand…”
Oh! I put my hand out and he grabbed it and I felt shockwaves travel from my toes to the tip of my broken nose. I’m developing a crush on him :o this hasn’t happened since high school. I’m so awkward when it comes to guys >.< “I’m Jay,” he tells me, the corner of his luscious lips curving up into a smile. He’s actually smiling at me! :D 
     “I’m Kimmie,” I say, proud of myself that I didn’t stutter. He pulled his hand away from me and I was so tempted just to take it back and hold on and never let go.
     “Nice to meet you Kimmie. Now get into the car. I’m sure we’ve been through this before, but I’m a busy guy,” Jay tells me.
     In car I sat there in shock. He asked me to LIVE under the same roof with him. It’s so against my morals. But the temptation was too great. “Isn’t there an open spot in your building I can rent?” I blurt out suddenly. 
     “I’m guessing you don’t want to live with me?” he says amused. What’s so amusing? I look at him, his jaw line defined and his stare focused. There’s something about him that makes me what to touch his jaw. LOL wtf is wrong with me? I used to do nothing, I mean NOTHING except study and read and study. That was my life for the past 5 years. And now, a man I’ve met less than a week ago has me on my toes. What is this? “Hey, I’m talking to you,” Jay waves his free hand in front of my face. “You there?”
     “Yeah,” I abruptly say. It’s not that I don’t want to live with you… My parents won’t like the idea of their lil baby girl sleeping in the same house as some strange man the oozes appeal. 
     “Just tell your parents that you’ll have a place to live and getting a job,” he tells me. Whoaaa, did he just read my mind?
     “I’m not worried about my parents,” I lied. “And what job?”
     “Sure you aren’t,” he smirks and I did my best not to woo. God. “And you can work as a maid or something. I’m not home a lot to clean up.”
     He slowed down for a red light and the silence was awkward o.e I wanted to listen to the radio and anything to get rid of the silence. “Okay. I can pick up my stuff tomorrow,” I say, keeping my voice calm even though I felt like someone shook me up like a pop bottle and now I’m beginning to fizzing. He nods and the silence returns once again. “Can you like… put some music on or something?” I ask him sheepishly.
The light turns green and he steps on the gas all the while turning the player on. 6’7 by Lil Wayne. But it wasn’t Lil Wayne. It was a cover and the voice sounded familiar. I listen a bit more and I whip my head around so fast I hurt my neck. “This is you?” I stared at him in amazement.
     “Yup,” he nodded, smiling softly and modestly. “All me.”
     “I didn’t know you rapped,” I say, still amazed.
     “Well, now you do,” Jay mumbles as if he didn’t want me to know in the first place. I sat there listening to his mix tape and I started piecing the puzzle. Dance studio, tattoos, rapping, mix tape. 
     “Are you famous?” I blurted once again. Damnnn! I need to start thinking before I speak.
     “Apparently not to you,” he chuckles.
     “I’m sorry,” I say sheepishly. “I’ve had like no social life the past 5 years.”
     “Nah, it’s all good,” he tells me, turning into the parking lot of a huge building complex. “We’re here!”
I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the lil car and followed him close by. Downtown Seattle doesn’t pose as danger, but it is shady. We made our way into the building and I was surprised at how clean and nice the hallway was. We stopped in front of a door and Jay pulled out a card from his wallet and slid it through the skimmer. The door beeped and unlocked itself.
    "There’s an empty room down the hallway, across from mine. The bathroom is at the end of the hallway. You can go explore, if you want,” Jay tells me.
     “What, you’re not going to show me around?” I ask him.
He sighed and looked at his watch. I wonder what time it was. “Fine,” he says. He showed me around the flat. It was roomy and spotless. Why would he need a maid when there’s nothing to clean? And then he showed me his music studio and it was messy as hell. There was paper strewn everywhere, cups of coffee sitting on the tables, and paper balls sitting on the floor near the trash basket. This, will need some mad skills to clean up. I looked at him and he looked embarrassed, which I found extremely cute. 
He showed me a glimpse of his bedroom and it wasn’t any better than his studio. There was paper with writing on it everywhere. Lyrics?
It felt like the tour was only 5 minutes long, even though it was probably half and hour. “What time is it?” I ask him, noticing that there wasn’t any clocks on the walls or on tables.
     “Almost 7,” he tells me.
     “I need to get home. I left my phone in Matt’s car,” I say. We were sitting on his white and black checkered leather classy and watching the giant fish aquarium that took up a wall. 
     “Here, lemme call your cell and see if your bro got your phone. What’s your number?” Jay asks me, his phone already out and ready. I gave him my number, realizing he asked me for my number! :D
He called and no one picked up, leaving a message. “Aye, Matt it’s me Jay. Your sis is at my place. I’ll take her home later, no worries! Bye, Mattie.”
I smile. I liked how Jay called him ‘Mattie’. It’s like payback for him calling me ‘Kimchi’. “Aight, you hungry?” he ask me, getting up from the couch and going over to the fish and took out the fish food.
     “Are you talking to me or the fish?” I ask him.
He laughs and my toes tingle. Lololol I don’t even know.
     “You,” he looks at me from over his shoulder. 
I nod eagerly, noting his broad toned back through his varsity styled jacket.
     “Let’s go out for some dinner, then,” he says. Like a date:o
 
      Half an hour later, we were sitting in a homely pho shop. Man, I love pho <3
I ordered the usual, a big bowl of pho and as did he. I’m superrr hungry TT__TT
I grabbed my chopsticks and begun to stuff the noodles into my mouth, savoring the delicious Viet cuisine. And then I heard a chuckle. Oh my God, I forgot that Jay was there! I look up to find him grinning at me, a shy look on his face. I had a mouth full of pho in my mouth, my cheeks puffed out like a chipmunk. My face begun to heat up to an extreme extent and I thought I was going to get a bloody nose lmao. I swallowed the noodles and cleared my throat. “You want something?”
     “Most people talk to each other when they’re out eating dinner, you know?” he smiles at me. I blush even harder. Omg, a bloody nose is so possible right now. The blood with come squirting out of my nose into our food. Not the food, man. Not the pho T_T 
     “Oh! I’m sorry. I’m starved, that’s all,” I tell him, looking at the group of teens sitting across from us. I noticed them staring at us.
     “It’s fine! Do you always eat like that?”
     “Like what?” I ask him.
     “Like a pig,” he laughs and I pouted at him. “I’m sorry! I’ve just never seen a girl eat like that.”
     “I’ll take that as a compliment,” I say. He smiled at me, his eyes low. I started noticing the group of teens coming over to our table. 
     “Oh my God, you’re Jay Park!” one of the girls exclaimed. 
     “Oh my God! Holy ! I love you!” another girl screamed. She looked like she was going to pass out.
     “Hey,” Jay greeted them. “Thanks for the support.”
A guy pulled out his camera and begun to take pics. I sat there awkwardly, wanting to finish my bowl of pho but not when there were people taking pictures. I wanted them to leave Jay alone too. A girl pressed her lips against his cheek and the guy snapped a pic. I felt jealousy overwhelm me. I hate this feeling! What an ugly feeling.
      And then, I saw a whole bunch of people start to make their way towards us and I could see a look of mischief in his handsome eyes. 
He put a finger up and his fans all took a step back. He leaned over towards me and I could smell his intoxicating cologne and the warmth of his cheek washed over my own. He whispered into my ear,” I’m gonna use the bathroom. Meet me in there after I leave, okay?”
I nod and I watched him excuse himself from the table and left to go use the bathroom, his walk showed off his swag and I love it. The fans all murmured with anticipation and begun to text their friends. “Are you his girlfriend?” a girl with bleached hair ask me. I shake my head, smiling softly.
     “She’s so pretty, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jay and her were going out,” someone whispered and I blushed once again, pleased at how they think I'm pretty. Then I remembered the plan and shoveled some more pho into my mouth before I got up and left to the bathroom. The hallway to the bathroom was empty. Where is he? Don’t tell me I’m supposed to meet him in the bathroom -___-
I knocked on the door, hurting my knuckles :’(
     “Psst, you in there?” I hissed. No reply. I rapped the door again and still no reply. Ugh I pushed the door open and no one was in there, thankfully. 
Suddenly, someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the bathroom. I turn around to find Jay with a silly smile on his handsome face. “Where are we going?”
     “Shhh,” he pulled me through the kitchen, pho and Viet food cooking and the aroma hypnotizing, and out the backdoor. His car was already there. He must’ve went and drove his car here. “Quick, get in.”
     “You just ran away from your fans,” I pointed out, hopping into the seat. His cologne quickly filled m head and I breathed in a deep breath. 
      “Don’t tell anyone, but I hate it when my fans mob me like that,” he tells me and I felt special he’d tell me something so personal. 
      “I know what you mean,” I tell him. My tummy let out a loud grumble. I held onto it to quiet it, mentally scolding it. Stupid tummy lol.
      “You didn’t finish your pho, did you?” he asks me, an apologetic smile on his lips. I shake my head. “Let’s go for ice cream then.”
And I didn’t refuse.
      "Ice cream is one this I will never refuse. Ever," I smile at him and he smiled back.
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@borrrill thanks man! Jay's so hadskfhsfkjh there's no words to describe him :') lol. Hope you liked this chapter! Kimmie's starting to fall for him, soooo she won't have to resist him anymore. And yeahhh girls stick together:)
@xChaosx oii thanks for reading! I appreciate it. Feed back is great. If you got any pleaseee shoot. I take criticism well (lol not really) Hahaha i'm so dorky :3
 
The next chapter will be out soon! New readers, please subscribe so i know you're there lol. And comment! Comments and sub makes me happpyyyy :D