The Smell Before Rain: Worrying

The Smell Before Rain

 

             

 

 

another wonderful poster from dglove25:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                 “C’mon! Get up, you dope,” Holden tries to pull me up, but my legs kept on buckling.

                “No! Just put me down,” I tell him.

                “Excuse me, are you okay?” a waiter asks me, smiling nervously.

                “Yeah,” I say, escaping from Holden’s grasp. “Let goooo. I’m fine!”
                “You just said you didn’t know! Let’s go. We’re going to the hospital,” he pulls his wallet out and digs around for the bills.

                “But we haven’t finished eating…” I say. “Oh! Wait, you’re paying.”

                After I remembered he was paying I agreed to go lol.

                “Aish, even when you’re in a life or death situation you’re still cheap,” Holden throws a hundred dollar bill onto the table and pulls me up and out into the car.

 

 

                The docs did a few tests on me after I told them my symptoms and how I was feeling. I just felt nauseous and dizzy. But that was it. I get that way sometimes when I’m PMSing lol. They told us it’d take a few days for the results to come back in. Until then, it’s recommended I get a lot of rest to avoid blacking out while driving or something.

                “Why are you so prone to like this?” Holden asks me, turning left back to the sushi bar.

                “It’s not like I want like this to happen. It just follows me around,” I tell him. “Anyway, grab my purse. It has my insurance card in there.”

                He obeyed and grabbed my purse from the backseat. “Hey, you got like 20 missed calls.”

                And right away I knew it was Jay. I grabbed the phone from him and hastily called him back.

                “Hey, this is Jay. Sorry I couldn’t pick up. Call me back later or leave a message! Kamsahamnida!”

                Ah, even his Korean sounds flawless. Even though it’s not xD

                “He didn’t pick up?” Holden asks me. I shake my head. “Get back there, now.”

                “Holden, I can’t. I told you. Leaving Stanford is not an option,” I repeated for the millionth time.

                “You’re such a stubborn little-“

                We both turn to the knocking sound coming from the back. “Who the hell is that?”

                “That can’t be the tow guy. I haven’t called him yet…”

I unbuckled my seatbelt, ready to get out the car and see who the hooded man was when Holden grabs my wrists. “You stay in here, I’ll go.”

                I gotta give props to the kid. He’s always been a chicken, even in high school. But now I guess he’s grown up a bit.

                I watched with tension as Holden got out of the car and approached the hooded man. Holden patted the guy on the back and pulled a few bills out of his wallet and handed it to the guy. I guess he was just a panhandler.

                “He’s just a poor kid trying to get by,” Holden tells me while getting back into the car.

                “Ran away from home?” I ask. He nods. And it got me thinking. That kid probably never finished school. His family probably threw him out. And that’s why he’s roaming the streets. Would that happen to me?

                “So, what’s the plan, Kimchi?” he asks me.

                “I’m staying here. I need to get the blood results back from the docs, y’know.”

                “So, that’s it?”

                “What?”

                “You’re leaving Jay?”

                “No, I never said that. You’ve never heard of long distance?”

                “I have. And I’ve also heard that they don’t work,” he tells me. I roll my eyes at him. This kid, I swear…

                “Holden, hunny. Don’t worry about me, okay? I know what I’m doing,” I say. We both hear a car door slam and look over. The tow truck is here.

                “Ah, fine. Whatever floats your boat,” Holden mutters.

               

                And how was I to know that my boat was going to disastrously sink D:

 

Jay’s PoV

Aish, that bastard! Sending me to the hospital. I can’t believe it. I shut the cupboard loud enough that one of the guys came into the kitchen to see what was wrong.

                “Hyunggg, what’s wrong?” Junho rubbed his eyes sleepily.

                “Nothing. Just… we’re out of coffee,” I mumbled. We really were out. But in honesty, I was pissed as hell at Rian. That sonuva. I can’t get over it!

                “Ah, well we can all go out for some then. Lemme wake up the others,” he says and rushes to the bedrooms to wake up the other members. It’s nice to have them around. I missed the 2PM days.

                I tried called Kimmie last night, but she didn’t pick up. I don’t know if anything’s happen. I just hope she’s okay. Junsu broke my phone last night, too. So I dunno if she ever tried calling back. He was standing on the ladder trying to take a pic from above with my phone, cuz apparently my phone had a great camera when he dropped the damn thing into the tank.

                I really don’t want to seem needy, especiallyin front of the guys. So I took a step back and I’ve decided just to wait for Kimmie to call me.

 

Kimmie’s PoV

                “Hello?” his voice sounded like music to me.

                “Hey, it’s Kimmie,” I say.

                “Kimmie?”

                The first thought that popped into my head was ‘he forgot about you!’

“Kimmie, babe you there?”

                “Ah, hey,” I say.

                “I missed you! Why haven’t you-“

                “Ann-yeong! Kimmie-ah! It’s me, Junho!” sings in the background. I smile slightly.

                “I’ve been calling you every day,” I say sheepishly. “You haven’t been picking up, though.”

                “I’m sorry. Grandpa Daegu over there dropped my phone into the fish tank,” Jay tells me. I could hear the annoyance in his voice. Maybe he doesn’t want the guys there? :/ god damn, that makes me want to go back home even more.

                “Hey! Don’t be calling me gramps when you’re talking to her!” Junsu yells.

                “Why is that?” Taec asks.

“Hyunggg, there’s no more ice cream!” Wooyoung calls out.

“Aish, I can’t stand your ang ang face, Youngie!” Nichkhun laughs. Lol these guys talk loud. I hear Jay get up and a door close, feeling relief that he’s in a calmer environment now.

“Sorry about them. They’re so loud,” Jay says.

“No, it’s fine. How’s it been?”

“Ah, to sum it all up. I miss you. A lot,” he tells me, making me blush. I was lying on my bed with the lights off. Michaela, my roommate, was out with her boyfriend. Aha, forever alone <3

“I miss you too, Jay,” I tell him.

“I know,” he says. I could hear him smile through the phone.

“You narcissist!” I laugh.

“But that’s what you love about me, right?”

“Oh sure, your stuck-up-ness is my favorite part about you,” I say.

“Shush,” he laughs. “So, how’s it been? I needa catch up on what’s been going with you.”

“Ah, well I’m waiting for results from the hospital,” I tell him.

“What results?”

“Blood tests,” I say.

“Blood tests?”

“Yeah.”

“Is the phone connection bad or something?”

“No, it’s fine. I just felt dizzy. I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about, Jay,” I assure him.

“Why couldn’t the doc just give you some pills then?” he asks me, the concern in his voice obvious.

“I don’t know. I’m not a doctor so-“

“I can ask your brother,” he says and I laugh without meaning to. “That wasn’t a joke, Kimmie. I worry about you.”

“Don’t worry about it,” I tell him again.

“You know, when you tell me not to worry, that’s when I worry the most.”

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hi guys. sorry that i haven't updated in so long >_< you guys should've reminded me lol it's been 2 weeks since i've written anything o.e ahh tell me what you think about this chap! i have more ideas on the way. although this story's gonna end soon. 8 more chaps? hmm we'll see. thanks for all the comments and messages! appreciated it:)