The Smell Before Rain: Fatigue

The Smell Before Rain

 

             

Amazing banner thanks to @dglove25:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                   “Oh my! What’re you doing in here?” a high-pitched but homely voice rang out. I sleepily open my eyes to see a nurse stand by the door. “Oh, oh my! You’re Kimberly. Oh dear, you have to leave. The whole East Wing has been looking for you!”

                Why is she so loud? -___- I rubbed my eyes to wake myself up. Jay was still sound asleep. He’s so damn cute when he’s asleep.

                “Kimberly! C’mon now! Get up, get up!”

                “Lady, why are you so loud?” Taec mutters, throwing his arm over Changsung. Everybody was starting to wake up, except for Jay. I don’t know whether to let him sleep or leave.

                I slowly get up, the nurse giving me the stink eye the whole time cuz I was moving so slow lol.

                “Cut her some slack,” Junho tells the nurse. “It’s 5 in the morning!”

                And that’s when I snapped out of my trance. 5 o’clock?!?! ! My plan’s leaving in half an hour! I quickly sat up, making the bed shake. Jay slowly opens his eyes, a soft smile on his lips when he sees me. “Kimmie,” he says softly.

                “Kimberly,” the nurse says impatiently.

                “Lady, please, let them have their moment,” Taec says. The nurse lets out an exasperated sigh, but reluctantly leaves.

                “Aight, boys,” Junsu announces standing up from where he had slept just a while ago. “I think it’s time we go get some coffee.”

                They all leave and soon it was just me and Jay.

                “Kimmie, baby,” he says, sitting up. He had bruises around his neck from where Rian held onto him and a bruise on his temple. I felt so bad. It was my fault after all :/ “Please don’t go.”

                “You know I can’t stay,” I say softly, touching the bruise on his temple softly. He cringes in pain and grabs my hand.

                “I hate to see you leave,” he smiles sadly at me.

                “But I love to see you go,” I smile back at him. He takes my hand and places it over his heart.

                “Feel that? It’s beating for you.”

 

                School, ing . I’m actually surprised, cuz I thought I was going to be able to bear being without Jay. I was wrong :/ It’s been a 2 weeks and we’ve had a phone talk before bed every night and if he weren’t both so busy he’d Skype. I’ve been feeling so ty though and really busy with school, though. So I haven’t seen his face in a couple of days, except on the internet. He’s becoming really popular in the U.S.

Holden, my friend that goes to Berkeley is taking me out for Sushi tonight, but I can’t stop thinking about Jay. I tried calling him, but he didn’t pick up.

                What bothers me is how he’s such a wild guy. All the chicks he had flings with. Ah, I’m just being paranoid -__- I should be glad Jay’s calling me every night and being loyal. And the plus side is Rian’s in jail. I’m back in school and after this semester and next year, I’ll be done. Can’t be too hard.

                “Kimmie! Hey!” Holden grins at me, giving me a big hug. “How’s it been back at home?”

                “It’s been good,” I smile at him. We were in the parking lot of the sushi bar. He’s sucha cheap lol. He says he’ll pay for the sushi if I drive myself here cuz of gas prices :b

                “I still can’t believe you and Jay Park have a thing,” he shakes his head at me in disbelief. We walk and talk.

                “Well, you better believe! Hey, you’re gonna pay right?” I ask him with a cheeky smile.

                “Ahh, well I said I would, didn’t I?”

                “Hm, just making sure. Last time I checked, you were a cheapo,” I , referring to him buying paper towels that have two layers. He’d take that and separate the layers so he’d have to towels LOL.

                “Heyyy, I’m on a budget,” he stuck his tongue out at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

 

                We sat down at a low table and ordered our food. It was good to be talking and hanging out with my best friend. But it felt wrong not to be with Jay.

                “You’re supposed to be enjoying this meal. Especially since I’m paying for it,” Holden tells me.

                “I’m enjoying it fine,” I mumble, shoving and pushing the Daikon salad back and forth. I look at his face and he’s just like -__- “Stop looking at me like that, will you?”

                “If you can’t live without him, go back to Seattle. I mean, school isn’t that important,” Holden shrugs.

                “Are you kidding me? If I drop out, my parents would ing kill me!” I exclaim, receiving stares from some of the other diners.

                “But you’re so unhappy here, Kimmie,” Holden says, his tone of voice finally serious. “I’ve known you for years. Remember that time in 7th grade you got that Valentine card from what’s his face?”

                “Byron,” I say.

                “Yeah, Byron. And you were so happy that you didn’t care you flunked your spelling test?”

                “Where are you getting at?” I put down my chopsticks.

                “I believe that if you’re sad here, it’s better to be happier there.”

And I knew what he was talking about. I knew exactly what he was talking about. But I couldn’t just leave Stanford. My entire life lead up to this school. I remember the look on Ba’s face when I got the acceptance letter. That was the first time ever he had that look in his eyes that he always had with Matt.

                “I’m gonna use the bathroom,” I say abruptly, getting up. I take a few steps, but they were shaky. My vision was shaky and blurred. What the hell? I feel myself falling so I grab at the air in front of me. I felt Holden catch me. “Whoa! What just happened,” I say.

                “Are you okay?” Holden asks me.

                “I don’t know.”

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i honestly think this chapter lol. there's gonna be some drama later on tho anddd i promise to write better lol, sooo i hope that compensates for this ty chap :b Jay Parkkkkkkkk <3 ahhh, it should be illegal to have that much swag.