The Smell Before Rain: Potential Date?

The Smell Before Rain

   Poster made by dglove25! Thank you so much! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

             I woke up to the smell of rice and eggs frying. I didn’t know Jay can cook o.O I got up from bed, remembering that I’d fallen asleep in his bed. I felt bad for making him sleep on the couch, but then again he could’ve slept in the guest room, which I was supposed to sleep in lol. Orrrr he could’ve slept in bed with me…. ;3 Hahahah. In my dream, I was 7368327 times more daring than I am in real life. In real life, if he tries to kiss me I’d throw up on him xD

                I maneuvered my way around all the on the ground. The room was light and I can clearly see that the papers on the ground has lyrics scrawled all over them. I picked on up and read through it:

 I aint trynna spit game
I aint trynna be impressin
Just leave ya name or yo number
nothing other like a message
I aint using any methods
or pressurin you indirections
I aint trynna pop the question
Just please give me a second
I just want to get to know you
and the person you are
i may find that you a homeless or learn you're a star
it dont matter baby girl
im trynna grab a bite to eat
im trynna have a conversation
not just hit this silently
i aint faking this
we can take this at the pace of this
im just trynna to establish some kind of relationship with you                                                                     Damn I'm surprised that you called
Cause the way you walked away
I thought I wasn't gon see you no more
Since you didn't wanna give me your name
I thought that you were iggin' me
And wasn't diggin' me

Musiq Soulchild <3 I didn’t know Jay digged Musiq. His rap wasn’t too bad. I thought it was cute :) I set the paper down on the table and went out into the hall. The smell of food intensified. It smells great! I walked into the kitchen to find Jay unpacking groceries and putting them into the fridge. There was a pot of rice on the stove cooking, and a pan of eggs frying. He glanced up at me and smiled. “Morning, sunshine.” I smiled when he called me ’sunshine’. I’m more of a raincloud LOL.

                “Good morning,” I greeted him back. “You went to the grocery store?”

                “Yup. You said that there was no food yesterday, so I went out and bought food. It’s funny how I hired you to be my maid, but I’m the one who’s cooking for you and the one that ends up sleeping on the couch,” he teases me.

                “I didn’t mean to fall asleep on your bed! The living room’s too big and I didn’t like it. And my room doesn’t have a T.V, so I crashed in your room,” I went over to him to help him put away bread and fruit.

                “It’s fine,” he says. He got up and went over to check on the eggs. I watched him as he put two lap xuong (Chinese/Viet sausages) into the rice to cook. “I think you should go put some pants on,” he tells me, a hint of coldness in his usually bright and warm voice.

                I looked down at my bare legs and felt my face heat up. “Oh! I-uh.. Um I was- I… I’ll go put some pants on.” And I scurried off to my room to avoid saying anything else stupid and save myself from further embarrassment. How can I forget pants?! Gahh, I’m so ing stooped -_- It’s like forgetting how to walk. But then again, I once forgot to take my socks off when I went to take a shower LOL. Ahh, Jay should’ve been trololol. But he sounded piss :/ He’s so confusing. I pulled on a pair of sweats.

                I came back to the kitchen to find the table set and Jay pouring himself a cup of milk. “Kimmie, you want OJ or milk?”

                “Do you have any grape juice?” I ask him before I realize that he gave me only 2 choices -__-

                He laughs. “No. I don’t. There’re some grapes though. If you feel like, you know, you can squeeze those into juice,” he teases me.

                “Ahh, funny. I’ll have some milk,” I say. He handed me my cup as he sat down and being me, I immediately began to pig out. I had more rice in my mouth than I can chew. I know, I know I said that I’ll train myself to eat better and more lady-like, but it’sfood. No one can resist food lol.

                “Calm down. No one’s going to come and take your rice away from you,” Jay says, looking up from his bowl that he had tilted up so he can scoop the rice into his mouth easier. I was going to say something, but thought better. If I spoke with my mouth full, he’s just going to make a crude comment on that too.  I swallowed, but Jay had already started talking again, “So how was your sleep last night? Dream of Spongebob?” he grins at me.

                I felt myself blush. Damnnn, if he knew what I dreamt about last night jbfdk *arm flails*I lost my appetite thinking about it :’( “Nooo, I didn’t dream of Spongebob, haha. And I slept fine.”

                “That’s good,” he smiles at me and continued to eat while I sat there at kind of push my eggs around, attempting to contain the blush that was spreading across my cheeks because of my dream. “You wanna go somewhere tonight?”

                “Where?” I ask him, glad he ended the silence.

                He shrugs.  “The movies? And then maybe for some pho or sukiyaki.” Sukiyaki… You need a group of friends to eat that with, not just two people; one of which says the most awkward things and the other is super hot. I didn’t point that out lol.

                “It’s too early to go watch a movie, though,” I say, pushing my bowl away from me, indicating I was done eating. “And don’t you have work?”

                “Later,” he tells me, finishing up his bowl. “Maybe at 5 or 6? And hm, I don’t have choreo, and I don’t have to be down at the studio. I work at home at times too, writing raps and lyrics and composing my own beats, you know.  ”

                “Ahh,” I say. “I see. And that sounds about right,” I tell him and he smiles at me.

                I spent my day cleaning the kitchen, scrubbing the tile flooring. Jay spent his day in his studio, writing new lyrics. I was on my knees scrubbing like Cinderella when he comes in to get a drink. I ask him, “How much are you paying me for this?” Scrubbing someone’s kitchen floor isn’t want I always envisioned lol.

                “If I tell you, you might leave,” he chuckles. I smile. He took a long gulp of water.

                “Is there any insurance plan? I’m pretty sure I’m getting arthritis in my knees doing this,” I joke. He laughs, choking on the water and I laugh at him.

                “Real funny,” he smiles at me, wiping away the water on his chin. “You made my water go up my nose!”

                “Be glad it wasn’t pop,” I smiled. He shakes his head me and left to go back to his music.

                I finished cleaning the kitchen and I moved onto his room. I picked up all the sheets of paper and found a paper clip on his desk, clipped it all together and tossed it onto the table. Then I vacuumed up all the pointy little on the floor, so I won’t step on something again and poke a hole in my feet. And that was basically it. I finished cleaning everything, but Jay’s studio.

                It was after 1, and I was starved lol. I made myself a turkey sandwich eating it as I was making another one for Jay too. I assume turkey’s his fav sandwich meat since that’s all he bought.

                I knocked on his door and he said, “Come in!” I came in and handed him his plate. “Thanks, Kimmie.” I kinda stood there, watching Jay sit at his keyboard, playing with his left hand while his right hand held the sandwich. He looked at me, surprised to see that I was still there. “You need anything?” he asks me.

                “Ah, no. I finished cleaning, though,” I say, shifting my weight to my left foot then my right. I thought it’d be weird if I just gave him his sandwich and left lol. Like I’m his mom or something.

                “Thanks,” he smiles at me.

                “I’m going to go study,” I tell him. He nods at me and I got out of there quickly, hating how awkwardly stupid I made the atmosphere. Blahh TT__TT I pulled my calc book out of my luggage bag and begun to solve math problems to get my brain back on track and to get Jay off my mind, But the numbers and variables start to spell Jay’s name and they all jumble together. Ahmigahhh o.e I’m becoming dyslexic lmao! Gahh, I stare hard at a problem and after a few minutes I solved it. I was still thinking about Jay, though. It’s harder to said than done -__-

 

                5 rolled by and I took a shower. His shower was so weird. There was no bath tub, only a stand up shower. And there’s no door to close on the shower o.e One of the walls is entirely mirror, so when I finished my shower and got out, I saw my self lol. I pulled on some and a bra. I quickly covered myself up with a towel and went to my room to dress. I pulled out my red wool cardigan, a gray and white long sleeved v-neck, and black tights. I threw those one and wrapped my infinity scarf around my neck. I put my hair in a messy bun and that was that. I could hear Jay in the shower. Imagine him in that mirror when he gets out of the shower o.o Ahhh damnn I’m going to get a nosebleed one day just thinking about him.

                I went out to the living room, checking my phone. Holden, Rian, and my friend Lucy texted me. I decide to reply to Holden.

To: Kimmie

From: Holden

Hey, how’s home doing for you? I’m stuck in class, getting harped on by this crazy , she said I was a chinky gook and I called her a fat xD Now she’s writing on the board, after class making me read it.

Gahh, why does Jay take longer than me to get ready? And Holden getting himself into trouble -__-

 

To: Holden

From: Kimmie

You idiotttt.  You can’t do that to your teacher. Lol, home is great. Didn’t realize how much I miss the coffee and misty air here man. Come visit soon!

 

I hear the water turn off.

 

To: Kimmie

From: Holden

Damnn, I’d do anything to get out of Cali’s car exhaust air. Ahh, I couldn’t help it. The thinks she knows how to teach cuz she’s old and wears cat lady sweaters but she don’t know . Anyway Kimchiii aye Rian told me you moved out. Who you staying with?

I can hear Jay coming down the hallway.

 

To: Holden

From: Kimmie

You prob won’t believe me. Jay Park.

 

To: Kimmie

From: Holden

You ing serious?!

 

“You ready?” Jay asks me. I look up from my phone and caught myself before my jaw dropped open. He was all dressed up.

  http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&biw=1024&bih=398&tbm=isch&tbnid=DriRyx9pqNwpxM:&imgrefurl=http://jaypark.net/2010/11/201011-w-korea-photoshoo/1012-w-5/&docid=d5xoDEW4X1IEeM&imgurl=http://jaypark.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/1012-W-5.jpg&w=2536&h=3504&ei=Hyf8ToL_FNSbtwevudSeCA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=449&vpy=15&dur=2498&hovh=264&hovw=191&tx=139&ty=179&sig=102857786628505641329&page=1&tbnh=90&tbnw=75&start=0&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:14,s:0

In other words, he’s y as .

                “Yeah, I’m ready,” I tell Jay. And in my head, to Holden;  Yeahh, I’m ing serious. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@borrrill   Omggg yess don’t you think jay’s a really sweet guy in real life? And ahah Me and jay will have more moments in upcoming chapters ;) thanks man, that really means a lot to meJI had to rewrite this chapter 3 times cuz I’m an idiot and kept hitting the back arrow and AFF didn’t save my story as draft lol. After the 2nd time that happened I used a word doc lololol. And sooo it’s 5:45 in the morning right now and I’m tired blah. I’ll update asap!

@babababubblegum    no you’re the awesome one for reading!!! Ahah and omggg ik T__T I was trying so hard not to make the scene intense… yet ;) It’ll get more detailed laturrr hahah. Ibihbfcebfuewbfrib there are no coherent words to describe Jay! He’s like the definition of swag <3 lol and yeshhh some main characters are so cliché and y. I try to make Kimmie not aegyo, butttt I want her to be cute too. Gonna work on that!:)

@dglove25    thanks for the great poster!:) It seriously made my dad 10 times better. Ahh and yes yesh yesssh I’ll be updating as often as I can. Thanks so much for reading man! I really appreciate it and I can proudly say I lurv you for making the poster sdkbfsf I can’t get over it lol.

@raingodees424   ahhhmigod. Jay’s so irresistible TT__TT have you seen his new vid, Star? That scene where he had cream on his lips I was like ‘damn if I was there I’d it off’ for him but then the girl in the video did exactly that and I was like’ ahhh noooo lol’. And awhh I based kimmie off myself lol. I say the awkwardest things and xD hmmm if you’re like kimmie I bets you and me’ll gets along swimmingly ;D

Thanks guys for commenting! Hope you liked this chapter:3 it seems longer than usual lol. Or maybe it’s just cuz it’s almost 6 in the morning o.e  none of my chapters are edited, so if there are typos and random words stuck into random places or words missing from a sentence, I’m sorry. I’m gonna go to sleep now. I need to grow taller LOL. Nightttt.