The Smell Before Rain: Ditcher

The Smell Before Rain

 

“What flavor do you want?” he asked me, a patient smile on his face. I’m learning more about him in one day then the last week I’ve known him. So far I’ve noted how when he smiles, he either looks right at you which always makes me blush, or he looks down and ducks his head lil. I find that amazingly cute.

“Pistachio,” I tell him. The kid working there looked at us like we were crazy for eating ice cream in the middle of November. I can’t blame him though :)
“Foreal? That’s my favorite flavor too!” Jay exclaims. I nod shyly at him and watch him order the ice cream. There was no one in the cramped shop, mostly because it was nearly winter and because Jay deliberately drove out of Seattle to get us ice cream, to a lil town somewhere south of here.
We watched the kid scoop our ice cream, struggling to not skimp. I imagined Jay scooping and how his bicep would flex. JGbisgbva]iyvbsyuavu I blushed at my thoughts. He probably thinks this is my natural color -__-
“Ah, sorry,” he sheepishly bows his head a little when his phone went off. “I got to take this.”
“That’s fine,” I say, standing there in his place for the ice cream as he left the shop and stood right in front of the window. The look on his face concerned me. It looked like he was arguing with who ever was on the other line. He turned around and caught me staring and gave me a lil wave and soft smile, assuring me everything was okay.
“Here’s your ice cream cones,” the kid smiles at me, flirtatiously handing me two cones with a big scoop of pistachio <3 “Are you two going out?” the kid grins at me, showing me his red and blue braces.
“Huh?” I say, distracted as I tried to my cone that was already dripping onto my hand. How the hell does that happen so quick?! “Oh! Uh... No. We’re not dating.” He’s hitting on me LOL. “Why?”
“Cause he just left,” the kid points towards the spot Jay had been standing before.
“Umm... what?” I say dumbfounded. No way in hell did he leave me here. Why the does he have a habit of getting into a car and leaving me? Not a trait I like.
“He got into his car and left,” he tells me. I started towards the door until the kid tells me I haven’t paid yet, and I panicked.
“I don’t have money,” I tell him, my face pale.
“Hmm, I’ll let you have them for free if you give me your number,” he winks at me. I almost wanted to take the ice cream in my hands and smash it into his face. But that’d be a waste of ice cream. But I gave it to him, mostly so I can use his phone to call Matt and pick me.
I can’t believe Jay ditched me. He just left me here.
I was sitting on the curb when Matt pulled up. I probably looked miserable, the two ice cream cones melting in on my hand and I was all alone. Forever alone :b
I had to throw the cones away and my hands were sticky. I didn’t care too much, though.
“What the . Why are you here by yourself?” Matt demanded answers from me but honestly, I was too depressed to answer him. “Kimmie,” he says, using my name instead of that stupid nickname. “Did Jay try to pull a move on you?”
“No!” I yell. And then I blushed, knowing that I wish he did. “He just left me stranded here.”
“I don’t know what the hell is wrong with him,” Matt shakes his head in disapproval.
“You’re okay though, right?”
I nod. Matt had my phone with him and I got it back, looking at Jay’s number. I wanted to call him and curse him out, like I would normally do to some jackass that left me when I was getting his ice cream. “Anywayyy,” Matt attempted to change the subject. “Did you find an apartment?”
I nod. “Where at?”
“With Jay,” I said.
SHRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL~~ or whatever the hell a squeaking tire makes when you do a brake check. “Damn! Matt, what the hell! I could’ve gotten whiplash!”
“AND YOU SAID YES?!
“Aiyaa! Calm your down, brah! Keep driving. People are gonna call the cops if we just park in the middle of the highway,” I tell him.

Matt continues to drive, at a slower rate though so if he decides to do another brake check I won’t smash my head on the dashboard. “Kimchi, do you know Jay? Personally? He’s a player. He’s the player.”
I hate to admit it, but I was extremely by that o.O
“I’m a smart girl. I’ll be fine,” I shrugged. I was still pissed at him for leaving me. And the thought of his ‘player’ side kind of scared me. But I knew there was a sweet side to him, too.
“School smart. Street stupid,” Matt muttered.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so i've been at my cousin for the past 2 days. And it's 4 in the morning right now. She decides to sneak out to go meet this group of guys. And I'm pissed as hell. I'm always the goody goody that has to hold her back from doing all this stupid , god damn. I'm soo tired. Thus that is why this chapter lol. Thanks for the comment @iloveswissrolls! Uhh i'll update again tomorrow. Subscribe and comment pleasee. Spread the lurv. I really need some right now lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQY1WR2DRCc