The Smell Before Rain: How the Rice Got Burnt

The Smell Before Rain

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Jay’s PoV

                I listened to her sleep, almost like a lil love song; the way her breath catches, the blanket rising up and down to make a soft scratching noise, and my heartbeat beating against her back. Kimmie rolled around in my arms, so she was facing me. I could smell the sweet pea shampoo she uses. I liked that smell. It was weird. I’ve probably slept with more than 50 girls in the past 3 years. And I’ve never been patient when it comes to . But why am I waiting for so long for Kimmie? I’ve never felt like this before. Do I really love her? She’s broken.  Her own brother her. She’ll never be the same. Can I love her? What do I do? :/  I know she loves me. She’s said it. It probably slipped out, that’s how she usually tells me awkward things. She’s still living with me even though I’ve forgotten to give her her paycheck two weeks in a row. It’s like she’s not even here to clean. I’m so used to coming home from work and seeing her shoes by the door, her jacket slung over the chair and her laying on the couch.

                It’s almost 4 in the morning and she’s been asleep for an hour. I still can’t go to sleep. Damn, I was so before but now everything’s calm and quiet, like before a storm. That can’t be good.

I pulled my arm back carefully from under her and got up slowly and looked back at her to see if I woke her up. She’s  still asleep. She’s so beautiful, and she doesn’t even know it. The way her hair curls around her face when she wakes up in the morning, the way she smiles and her eyes crinkle in the corner, the way she’s so stupid and naïve and awkward but those are the qualities I love about her. All the other girls I’ve slept with have Louis Vuitton bags, they cake on the makeup, and they eat like the whole world is watching them and shaking their heads at them when they eat something that has carbs in it. Kimmie, on the other hand doesn’t care for designer bags, she’s naturally beautiful, and she pigs out even with me. I smile softly, bent down and kissed her ear and I tiptoed to the studio, sat down, and started ferociously writing down lyrics on paper.

 

Kimmie’s PoV

                Why is it every time I wake up, Jay’s never here? I rubbed my eyes and looked over at the alarm clock that sat on the nightstand. It was almost 9 A.M. and I felt like . I slowly got up and shuffled to the bathroom to wash up. I needed to look presentable around Jay :b I usually dress like a slob; in sweats and a T-shirt with some kiddish logo on it. I pull my hair up into a bun, hoping I’d look sophisticated lol.

                I knew he was in the studio. He’s always there in the morning. It’s like he goes to sleep and dream of lyrics and wakes up to write them down. I open the door to the studio to see him doubled over the glass desk, his pen moving back and forward the paper. “Hey,” I say, kinda embarrassed about crying in front of him. I watch in amusement as he jumps from his chair and looks up at me, his eyes wide open. I laugh, “My dad says when someone jumps like that, they’ve been doing something bad. Are you writing a note about me or something?” I had a big stupid smirk on my face, satisfied I’d caught him in the act.

                “Hah, no,” he says. “you just surprised me. Is it too hard to knock?” I shake my head, a sheepish smile on my face. He’s so lying! I can tell. “Make me some breakfast.”

                KULGksgbjhfdajhfg *gurgle and foams at the mouth* I hate it when he bosses me around! >_< But I guess he can…. Cuz he’s my boss lol. I rolled my eyes at him and reluctantly dragged my to the kitchen and cooked some rice and made some soup.

                Before the rice was cooked there was knock on the door and I froze. Me? Ba? I stared at the boiling pot on the stove and back at the door and back to the pot. There was another knock. I took a deep breath, hoping it wasn’t Rian or Me and Ba. Worst, I hope it wasn’t all of them. I made my way to the door and thought about how they really had to make a peep hole so I could see who it was without having to open the door. I pulled the door back a little and was met with a loud and obnoxious greeting. “Ayo! Whaddup?”

                I stare at him for a little bit. Who the hell….. What the…. “Um.. I don’t think I know you?” I say, ready to close the door on him, but he holds the door and smiles at me charmingly, I must admit lol.

                “Sorry, you’re  Jaebeom’s girl though, right?” he asks me. I nod, mentally spazzing at how he said ‘Jaebeom’s girl’. “I’m Nick.” He smiles at me and I thought he wanted a handshake or something so I extended my hand and he grabbed it and pulled me into an embrace. KWJgkdljgfkf :O I pull back to see him chuckling. “In Thailand and Korea, people are very touchy. I guess not so much here.”

I like him. He’s pretty chill, despite the rude greeting lol. “Kimmie, right?”

I nod. How does he know all of this? Did Jay tell him about me? “Can I come in?” he asks me, sheepishly. I regained my common sense and let him in.

                “Are you- Do you and Jay know each other?” I ask him, feeling so stupid for not conjugating a sentence properly lol. He nods.

                “Jaebeom! Where are you?” he calls and I could hear Jay turn the knob on the door and walk into the living room, a silly smile on his face when he sees Nick.

                “Nichkhun! I’ve missed you man!” Jay laughs and he embraced Nick. I felt kinda awkward standing there. So I quickly went back to the kitchen and made some tea for the both of them. I also checked on the rice, which unfortunately was burnt >_<

                I overheard Nick or Nichkhun or whatever the hell his name is say something about 5 other guys coming to visit. What?! I don’t want no 6 random people here between Jay and me. I’m leaving in a couple weeks :/ Damn, I still need to tell him. Tonight. I’ll tell him tonight.

               

                After I served them tea and returned to making new rice, the doorbell rang again. Must be the 5 other guys -___- I opened the door to find Me and Ba and I swear to God I ted my pants a little o.O

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hi guys(: I gotta leave for school in like 10 minutes lol. The bus don’t wait :b I had an extra credit opportunity yesterday for physics and I made a Rube Goldberg Machine and it was a fail :b it was supposed to crack an egg but the toy hammer didn’t even crack the shell. Plus, to be honest the only step that worked was the dominoes, which I had to push myself LOL. So embarrassing xD I have finals on Thursday and Friday so I gotta studyyy <3 and Viet New Year is on Monday so I gotta clean and I’ll be busy all weekend. I’ll update soon tho(: 

 

@iloveswissrolls- Yushhh Jay <3 Lol I hate that fangirl mode xD it kicks in every once and a while tho. Hahah(: mhmm you can use my lame joke lololol. 

 

@keepjaywalkin – dudeee I love your username o.e it’s pretty sick lol. Ahhh yesss! Jay <3 *sighs dreamily*

 

@dglove25 – thanks man! I have so much to study for and not enough time T_T I love Jay more and more everyday. I didn’t know that was possible lol.

 

@raingodess424- Nonononono dude I read all these interviews they did on him and he’s pretty confident but when it comes to the ladies he gets so shy XD I love that about him. Patience is a virtue(: lol and yup. You’ll have to wait for kimmie to adjust from the whole issue. The plot is gonna get twisted pretty quick, just letting you know:D

 

@borrrill- Lololololol yeahh I’m y(: thanks brah for pointing out how great the last chapter was. And yesh, she’s kinda shunning Jay ually right now. In reality tho, I don’t think anyone would shun him xD