Chapter 9

We Used To Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another day had passed and still, they haven't found Chloe. Nichkhun was getting impatient because even those private investigators that he hired couldn't find his daughter. 

However, he did found Tiffany's whereabout. He couldn't believe that Tiffany is still living in that old mansion and also she's working at a flower shop.

He was thinking if he should give her a visit.

"Nich, are you alright?" Rose's voice brought him back to reality. He looked at his wife with weary eyes.

"I'm really worried about Chloe" he confessed and rubbed his face tiredly.

............

"If only I hadn't been so careless" Nichkhun sobbed. Rose stayed quiet and just patted his shoulder. 

'And it was all because of Tiffany. I've finally met her but at the same time, I just lost my daughter' he added in his heart.

He didn't dare to tell the truth to Rose. She's going to freak out and most probably hate him for the rest of her life if anything bad happened to Chloe. 

"You should rest Nich" Rose said softly.

"No, I can't even sleep at night. I'm not going to rest until Chloe is safe and sound in my arms" Nichkhun replied coldly and got up from the bed.

Rose watched her husband leaving their bedroom. She felt like crying. Arthur is really making it hard for her to choose.

"No, I'm not going to choose between my husband and daughter" Rose whispered quietly as she clenched her fists.

She got up and took her phone from her makeup table. She dialed his number.

'Hello, my princess' the voice teased.

"Stop calling me that. Where did you hide my daughter?" She demanded.

'Relax princess....She's safe and sound with me' he chuckled.

"She's never safe with you! Let me talk to her"

'Fine....'

Rose waited and finally she heard the voice that she's been missing.

'Mummy~ I don't want to stay here. Please take me back mummy. I promise I will be a good girl to you and daddy.....just don't leave me here' her daughter was crying her heart out.

"Baby, mummy is not leaving you there alright? I promise I will save you" She said soothingly.

'Save her? And how do you think you're going to do that huh?!' Arthur raised his voice. Rose could hear her daughter's faint cries.

"What lies did you tell my daughter huh?!" Rose shouted. 

'Well, I told her that her mother and father doesn't want her anymore. That's why they left her with me' Arthur sneered.

"What is wrong with you?! Why can't you leave me and my family alone?" Rose cried desperately.

'I will never stay still until you become mine Rose...remember that. I will do anything to have you' he threatened. Rose kept on crying when the line went dead.

What is she going to do? She's feeling hopeless right now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Stephanie laid down on her bed and stared at the white ceiling. Her mind seems to be troubled lately after her unexpected encounter with Nichkhun, her ex boyfriend.

She took out a small box from under her bed and opened it. Her lips curved into a small smile when she saw the scrapbook that she made when she was just a junior in high school.

She started flipping the pages until one picture caught her attention. It was a picture of Nichkhun kissing her cheek while she was reading a book. They were in the library and it was Nichkhun who took this picture. It brought back wonderful memories.

"Oppa, why did you do that?!" Tiffany half shouted and half whispered to her boyfriend. They were in a library afterall. 

Nichkhun grinned innocently and just shrugged his shoulder. He looked at the picture he just took with his phone and smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" Tiffany frowned and took a peak at his phone.

"You look so cute in this picture. That's why" he smiled cheek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter