Chapter 8

We Used To Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun has been searching around the entire shopping complex for an hour but luck wasn't on his side.

He got his phone out and called Rose.

'Hello Nich'

"Rose, is Chloe there?" His voice quivered.

'Chloe? I thought she's with you?'

"No, she's gone. I don't know where she is Rose" Nichkhun said desperately.

There was silence before the line went dead. Nichkhun ruffled his hair and ran out of the building. He needs to do something or else he's going to lose his daughter. 

Meanwhile, Rose was already sobbing at home. She had a hunch that this was all planned by someone. She picked up her phone that she threw across the room and dialed a certain number that she hasn't called for a long time. 

'I knew you would call me'

"Give me back my daughter!" Rose shouted. 

'Relax babe. She's perfectly safe with me'

"What do you want?!" Rose was desperate. 

'Hmm...interesting that you would ask me about my wants. Are you afraid that I would hurt my own blood?'

"Knowing you, you would hurt anyone. You're just so evil" Rose spat.

'Woah there princess. I know I'm evil, so you don't have to remind me' there was a laughter.

"Come on Arthur! Give me back my Chloe" Rose was getting impatient.

'First, I'm going to give you a month to break all your relations with that stupid husband of yours and come back to me'

"What?! Are you crazy?!"

'I am...you made me crazy Rose'

"I will never divorce with Nich'

'If that's what you wish princess. Don't say I didn't warn you but until you do that, your daughter is mine'

"No!!!! Arthur give her back!" Rose shouted but the line was already dead.

Rose cried uncontrollably. She's feeling so helpless right now.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
A few days later:

There has been no news of Chloe's where about. Nichkhun had reported to the police but they still didn't know where the kid is.

Everyone was devastated.

"Nich boy, why don't you take a week off from everything? You've been so stressed out" Mrs Horvejkul said softly to her son.

"How can I just forget everything mum? My daughter is out there, probably scared and I'm not going to enjoy myself" Nichkhun said with anger in his voice.

"Nich, your mum is right. We can think better when we are not stressed out. A holiday seems nice" Rose said.

"Not you too Rose? My answer is final. I will keep on looking for Chloe" Nichkhun sighed and stood up. 

Rose looked at Mrs Horvejkul with a sad smile. 

"Omonim, who's looking after the company?" Rose asked. 

"Well, Abunim has been teaching your brother all there is to know about the company so that he could help out for the meantime. At least, until Chloe has been found" Mrs Horvejkul sighed. Rose nodded and hugged her mother in law.

'I feel so guilty' she said in her heart.

Meanwhile, Nichkhun stayed in his study room, trying to think of ways to find Chloe. 

"Maybe I should hire private investigators" he muttered and took out his phone. He dialed Jessica's number.

"Jessica, could you help me look for the best private investigators?"

'Of course Sir...' she trailed off.

"Thanks Jessica" he was about to end the call when a yelp came from the girl.

'S-sir, I wanna ask...why didn't you come to work for the last few days?'

"I have some problems that I need to solve first. Who's managing the company now?"

'Your father is teaching someone and right now, I'm assigned to be his secretary until you come back' there was a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Oh, that's Daniel. I just hope he's able to cope with everything. Don't worry, I will be back as soon as my problem is over" 

They bade goodbye and Nichkhun sighed once more. He couldn't believe that his dad would trust someone like Daniel. He thought his dad could at least ask help from his brother or sister.

Suddenly, his mind flashed back to a few days ago. It made him feel regretful yet hopeful.

"Fany ah, I really miss you. Why did you lie to me?" 

"Lie to you? You're the one who lied to me! You left me when I needed you"

"What do you mean? I would never leave you Fany ah"

"Don't lie to me. You cheated on me too"

"I really hate you"

He squeezed his forehead that was throbbing in pain. He doesn't understand anything right now.

He thought she's the one who lied to him because the doctor suddenly announced that she's dead but she appeared in front of him after 5 years. Doesn't that mean she was the one who faked her death?

But on the other hand, she said he left her. What does she mean by that? He was there all along. He raked his brain for an answer and found himself going back to the past again.

Nichkhun and Tiffany are having another argument but not like any other days, this one was serious.

"Oppa, we are just going to complete our school project. Don't be so timid" Tiffany said with annoyance.

"School project? Are you sure that's the only reason that you two are going out?" Nichkhun scoffed.

"How many times must I tell you? Yes!" Tiffany grunted

"Can't you guys do it in the apartment?"

"Why? So you could watch us? Did you think that I would cheat on you for a guy like him?" Tiffany crossed her arms.

"I know you will not cheat on me but what about him? He's the school's heartthrob and for sure, he would do anything to have you" Nichkhun reasoned. 

"You know what? I'm not having this stupid conversation with you....I'm going out" Tiffany sighed and was about to walk away but Nichkhun gripped her wrist.

"Don't you dare walk away from me. I'm only doing this to protect you so you better listen to me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter