Chapter 5

We Used To Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lunch Time:

Nichkhun reached his daughter's school and got down the car. He haven't the least idea of which class she's in. Does that make him a bad father?

He took out his phone and texted Rose. She replied him with a 'Go find out yourself' which sent him fuming inside. He entered the lobby, hoping that the child is there waiting for him but no luck.

He looked around again, hoping that she was somewhere near. There were so many kids walking around, with parents fetching their child from their classroom. He doesn't even know where is Chloe's classroom. What an ignorant father, he really is. 

Then he heard it, laughter of children. He was sure, one of them was Chloe because even though he spent little time with her, he would recognise her voice anywhere. It was just so melodious and angel like.

"Chloe!" He called out to a bunch of kids walking towards the lobby. Chloe, who heard her father's voice, quickly ran towards him.

"Daddy!" he carried her up and kissed her cheek.

"How's my little princess today?" Nichkhun asked.

"Very happy because daddy is here" Chloe grinned and wrapped her little arms around his neck.

"That's good to hear. Shall we go get lunch?" He forced a smile.

"Yes! I want Jollibee~" she sang happily. Nichkhun chuckled and walked towards his car.

Both of them enjoyed their lunch and came back to Nichkhun's office. He was afraid of leaving her alone in the house since Rose haven't replied to any of his texts.

In the office, Chloe wouldn't stop moving around. She was awe struck by the complexity of the tall building and the spaciousness of her father's office.

"Chloe, stop running around" he demanded when Chloe accidentally bumped into his desk, causing him to spill his coffee all over his suit.

"Sorry daddy. I'm really bored" Chloe pouted. Nichkhun sighed and ruffled his hair. Luckily, he got another spare of suit in his office. 

"Stay here while I go out. Don't disturb my things, understood?" Nichkhun pointed his finger at her while taking the clean suit with him. Chloe nodded her head.

When Nichkhun left, Jessica came into the room and smiled upon seeing Chloe.

"Hey there, you must be Chloe?" Jessica giggled, seemingly a little too excited. 

"Nae" Chloe nodded and continue to run around.

"Chloe, wanna play my phone?" Jessica lured the kid. Since Nichkhun told her to look after the child and make sure that she doesn't make a mess, Jessica had to obey. Although, she's not very good with children...she had to try or else she's fired.

"Do you have games?" Chloe asked and walked towards Jessica, who was sitting on the sofa that was in the centre of the room.

"Yes, lots of it" Jessica smiled in victory when Chloe sat on her lap. She handed the phone to Chloe who took it.

"Aigoo~ you're so cute!" Jessica cringed at the child's cuteness when she's so focused on the phone.

"I want candy crush" Chloe demanded. Jessica helped her and both of them were so immersed in the game that they didn't realise Nichkhun who had entered the room.

"What are you two doing?" Nichkhun asked curiously.

"Daddy, look!" Chloe was now running towards Nichkhun, who was sitting on his huge chair behind his desk and showed him the phone. Jessica chuckled at her silliness.

"We were playing candy crush" Jessica replied. 

"I see...go on with your game. Daddy is busy" Nichkhun ushered the kid to leave him alone. Chloe wouldn't move, instead she climbed on top of Nichkhun's lap. The latter was clearly surprised. 

"Daddy, let's play together" Chloe grinned.

"Alright" he said softly and caressed her head.

Nichkhun looked at Jessica, who was staring at them with admiration. He cleared his throat and asked her to leave.

He didn't want any of his employee to see his soft side. It would be embarrassing for him. Jessica left quickly. He sighed in relief and played with Chloe.

To be honest, he was disappointed in himself. Chloe grew up without seeing much of his figure....and yet she's always looking for him and being clingy all the time when he's around. This is not what he would call drifting apart...Instead he felt that Chloe is getting closer to him. Isn't it?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
At Flower Inn:

"Hello aunty Sunny" Zachary greeted Sunny, who was busy arranging pots and pots of flowers.

"Omo! Hello Zachary" Sunny exclaimed happily and walked towards the kid. She embraced him tightly and kissed his cheek. The latter giggled due to the ticklish feeling.

"Sunny ah, could you just cancel the appointment that you made this morning?" Stephanie asked seriously.

"What?! I thought you wanted to finish that cafe as soon as possible" Sunny was clearly taken aback.

"Well, I will find another one" Stephanie replied grimly.

"I don't understand, what's your problem Steph?" Sunny was fuming inside. Zachary looked at Sunny then at his mother. He did not realise the tension in the atmosphere.

"Baby, why don't you play inside the room while mummy and aunty Sunny talk?" Stephanie said to her son. Zachary nodded and ran into the room.

"Sunny ah, please just do what I say?" Stephanie begged. Sunny stared at her friend. She could see sadness a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter