Chapter 10

We Used To Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mummy, can we go to the beach today?" Zachary asked with his mouth full.

"Eat first baby. Don't talk with your mouth full" Stephanie said as she wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"Hmm...I will have to talk with aunty Sunny first okay?" She added. Zachary just nodded as he takes a big bite of the sandwich. He seems to be enjoying his breakfast and making a mess. 

Stephanie chuckled at his behaviour.

After breakfast, Stephanie made a phone call with Sunny.

"Sunny ah, is it okay if I don't come to work today? Zachary wants to go to the beach"

'Sure Steph, I will ask my mum to help me out. You enjoy yourself with Zachary okay?'

"Okay Sunny. Thanks"

Stephanie called out for her son, who was playing in the living room, and asked him to change his clothes. She then headed to her bedroom and got changed too.

"What do you want to do at the beach baby?" Stephanie asked but her eyes never left the road.

"Erm......I want to build sandcastles and play in the water" Zachary said excitedly.

"But the weather is quite hot today. Do you have other plans for now?" Stephanie said worriedly. She didn't want both of them to get sunburn.

"But I want to go to the beach" Zachary whined.

"I know baby but we will go there in the afternoon....For now, you can suggest some other places" Stephanie said calmly.

"Can we go to the toy store then?" Zachary's voice was low, almost as if he was afraid his mother might hear him but she heard him alright.

"Hmm...okay" Stephanie knew her son. He loves toys so much, even more than his own mother sometimes. Zachary's face brighten when his mother agreed.
---------------------------------
After shopping for some toys, both of them went to an Italian restaurant and ate their lunch there.

"Mummy, did daddy reply yet?" Zachary asked all of a sudden. Stephanie looked at her son.

She didn't have the heart to say no. Her son is looking at her expectantly. With a forced smile, she hurled out an envelope from her bag and gave it to him.

Zachary's eyes sparkled as he read the content of the letter.

"Can you...read it out to mummy?" Stephanie asked. Zachary grinned at his mother and then read out the letter.

"Hello there, I know who you are Zachary. Your mummy talks a lot about you and she would send me pictures of you. I'm doing just fine here and I hope you and your mummy are doing okay without me. I'm very sorry for leaving you two behind. It's because I'm busy with my job here but after I'm done, we can finally be together and make our family complete like what you wanted. For now, please always take care of your mother and be a good boy. Love, Zachary's daddy"

Stephanie cried as soon as he finished reading it. She didn't know why she cried.....could it be that she hoped everything is real in the letter or the guilty feeling that everything was a lie?

"Mummy, don't cry" Zachary got up from his seat and went over to hug his mother. Stephanie just buried her face with her palm and sobbed.

Even though she was the one who wrote that letter, it still breaks her heart that she's a liar.

'God, please show me the way. Tell me what I should do? I can't keep on lying to Zachary forever but I also can't ruin someone else's marriage'
---------------------------------------
"Come on Nich, go out and take a fresh air. You have been in your room for a week now" Nichkhun's mother complained.

"Not now mum. I'm not in the mood for anything" Nichkhun sighed.

"You always say that. Don't make anymore useless excuses and go out" she nagged. Nich groaned and got up from the couch. 

"Where do you think you're going?" She asked sharply.

..................

"Don't just keep quiet" she scolded.

"Mum, I will go out if that will stop you from nagging me. Just leave me alone for the meantime" Nichkhun answered with a lazy tone.

"Finally! I will ask Rose to get ready. Both of you will go down to the beach in the afternoon" Mrs. Horvejkul stood up. 

"What? Why the beach of all places?" Nichkhun groaned.

"Well, Rose said she hasn't been there ever since Chloe was born" She shrugged. 

"But we can go somewhere else"

"No more buts. The beach is the prefect place to have some alone time. Get ready now!" Mrs. Horvejkul left and banged his bedroom door until the whole room shook.

Nichkhun sighed and walked towards his wardrobe. He took out an extraordinary looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter