Chapter 4

We Used To Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Zachary Hwang! You're going to be late for school" Stephanie called out from the front door. The kid finished his breakfast in a rush and head upstairs. Stephanie didn't know what he's been up to. That kid can be mysterious sometimes.

"Coming~" Stephanie heard hurried footsteps coming down the stairs and Zachary hugged her legs.

"Baby, what were you doing upstairs? You know it's already very late" Stephanie asked with both hands on her hips.

"Mummy, can you send this letter to daddy?" He showed the letter that he wrote last night to his mother. Stephanie was silent..she didn't know how to react.

"No baby...your daddy is probably moving from one place to another. He might not get your letter" Stephanie explained.

"Please mummy. Can you at least try?" Zachary begged. Stephanie doesn't have any other choice but to oblige to her son's request.

"Alright" Stephanie said. Zachary was jumping up and down happily. Stephanie smiled at her son's behaviour. He surely is happy and she doesn't want to ruin his happiness.

Both of them quickly got in the car when they realised the time. It was already 7am and in half an hour, Zachary's classes is going to start.

"Be a good boy and listen to your teacher okay?" Stephanie said to her son.

Zachary nodded and kissed his mother's cheek before entering his classroom. Stephanie saw him talking happily to his classmates and it made her glad to know that he's doing well in school.

As she walked out to the parking lot, Stephanie spotted the lady whom she met when they were in the teachers office last time. The lady looked angry while the little girl beside her was crying her eyes out. 

"You better stop crying now Chloe! Or else I'm going to leave you here alone" the lady was threatening the poor kid. 

"No! I want daddy!!" Chloe shouted out and pulled her arm away from her mother's grasp.

"I told you that he's busy that's why he left early this morning" Rose sighed frustratedly. She can't believe that Nichkhun would leave the house even before she wakes up to make breakfast for him.

Not only did Nichkhun got to her nerves, Chloe even stubbornly refused to get up from her bed without Nichkhun waking her up. What a mess it was until Rose had to pull the kid up.

"I don't want to go to school! I want to see daddy!" Chloe cried and stomped her little feet. Rose grunted and carried Chloe towards the school and just left the poor kid there without sending her to her classroom. 

"M-mum-my....." Chloe cried harder and rubbed her eyes. People who passed by her didn't bother to help the child thus Stephanie decided to step in.

"Hey there sweetie, why are you crying?" Stephanie asked softly and touched the child's shoulder. Chloe looked up and stared at Stephanie with frightened eyes.

"Don't worry, I won't bite you" Stephanie reassured her. Chloe finally relaxed when Stephanie gave her a warm smile.

"Now tell me what made you cry?" Stephanie asked as she took the kid towards a sofa in the lobby. Both of them sat down comfortably.

"My mummy and daddy had a fight last night" Chloe muttered and bowed down her head.

"It's okay dear. I'm sure everything will be just fine and before you realise it, they are not fighting anymore" Stephanie reassured her and pat the child's head.

"Okay aunty" Chloe looked at Stephanie and grinned.

"That's a good girl. What's your name sweetie?" Stephanie smiled too.

"Chloe"

"So Chloe, shall I send you to your classroom?" Stephanie asked.

"I don't want. I just want daddy" Chloe look as though she's about to cry again.

"Chloe, you have to be a good girl and attend your classes. You don't want your daddy or mummy to be angry at you right?" Stephanie tries to reason with the girl, hoping she would listen. 

"Hmm....okay" Chloe pouted her lips.

"That's a good girl" Stephanie complimented her and gave her a wide smile. The kid smiled back and together, they walked towards Chloe's classroom. 

"Bye Chloe" Stephanie waved.

"Bye aunty" Chloe smiled gratefully and entered her classroom. Stephanie felt contented that she could help someone. With a relieved soul, Stephanie left the school and drove towards Flower Inn.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
At Horvejkul Inc:

Nichkhun was busy signing documents on his desk when a knock on the door interrupted him.

"Come in" he called out. The door opened and Jessica came in.

"Uh Sir, your wife is on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter