Chapter 6

We Used To Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Horvejkul Inc:

Nichkhun was tired when he came to work early in the morning. His whole body was still aching from riding different rides in the amusement park yesterday.

He was still having second thoughts of going on a vacation. Rose might be disappointed if he cancelled it all of a sudden but he just didn't have the heart to leave the company under someone else.

He sighed once more. His thoughts were then interrupted by the sudden knock on the door.

"Come in"

Jessica popped her head in between the door and said " Sir, Mrs Horvejkul is here". Nichkhun was surprised that Rose would come to his office because she never visited him here before.

"T-tell her to come in and bring two cups of coffee" Nichkhun said. Jessica nodded and left. A moment later, Rose entered and greeted Nichkhun with a kiss on his cheek.

"Why did you come here?" Nichkhun asked. Rose gave him a smile and sat down on his lap. Nichkhun was surprised at her behaviour but kept quiet.

"Nich, could you take the whole day off and accompany me to the hospital?" She asked softly.

"Why? Are you sick? You could just drive to the hospital" Nichkhun suggested.

"No, I want you to be there.....I think I-I'm pr-pregnant" Rose stuttered and bowed her head low.

"What?!" Nichkhun didn't mean to raise his voice. He was just surprised. 

"But the compa-"

"Please Nich! It's only for today" Rose begged. Nichkhun didn't have any other choice but to oblige.

"Fine" he muttered. 

"Thanks Nich" Rose cupped his face and pecked his lips. Again, he was taken aback. Rose never initiate the first move before. 

Jessica came in and blushed when she saw her boss and his wife kissing. She cleared , causing Nich to push Rose away. 

"Jessica, you could have knocked" Rose frowned and sent a death glare at her husband's secretary.

"Sorry. Here's the coffee" Jessica bowed her head low and placed the two cups of coffee on the small table in the middle of the room. She was about to leave when Nichkhun called her.

"Do I have any important things to do today?" He asked. Rose was still sitting on his lap but this time she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Well, you have a meeting with a new client during lunch time. Also, there are a few proposal that you need to look at" Jessica said, her eyes looking down on her shoes.

"New client? That's weird, I don't remember ever agreeing to meet someone" Nichkhun scratched his head. 

"You did. I asked you and you told me to set the meeting today" Jessica stated.

"Who's the client?" He asked again.

"It's someone from Flower Inn. Her name is S-"

"Nich! Can we go already?" Rose interrupted Jessica. The girl cursed under her breath.

"Wait a minute Rose" Nichkhun sighed. 

"Please~ Just cancel that meeting. It's not that important if you lose one new client. You have tons of old ones" Rose pouted. Nichkhun looked at her and finally muttered a 'okay'.

"Jessica, please cancel that meeting and tell the lady that I will call her to set another meeting soon" Nichkhun said. Jessica nodded and left.

Nichkhun didn't know why but he doesn't like the way Rose had acted in front of his secretary. She acted like a kid and he felt humiliated. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
At a cafe:

Stephanie didn't know why she agreed to show up instead of cancelling the appointment.

Maybe because her best friend managed to persuade her to face her fear instead of running away from it. She had told Taeyeon everything yesterday before she left Seoul. And Taeyeon insisted that she meet up with Nichkhun, which brought her here to this cafe.

She kept thinking about what she was going to say to him. Stephanie was scared.....scared of his reaction when he sees her and their son.

"M-mummy...s-sick" the voice beside her finally woke her up from her thoughts. She looked at Zachary who was coughing weakly.

Zachary had just been released this morning from the hospital. His temperature had subsidies but he was still coughing. The kid insisted on coming with Stephanie instead of resting at home and she didn't have the heart to leave him so she brought him along.

"Come here baby" Stephanie said and Zachary climbed on her lap. He placed his head on her chest and shut his eyes.

"Where's the pain?" Stephanie asked while caressing his head.

"Here" he point to his chest. Stephanie si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter