Chapter 12

We Used To Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arthur cooked his very own spaghetti recipe and brought the food as well as a glass of orange juice to Chloe's room. He knocked before entering and found the kid curled up at the corner of the room.

"Go away" Chloe said loudly. Arthur placed the food on the desk beside the bed and walked towards Chloe.

"I made you spaghetti. Let's eat" he said tenderly. Instead of obeying, Chloe shook her head and started to cry.

"Don't cry Chloe...I'm not going to hurt you" he said patiently.

"I want mummy and daddy" Chloe sobbed. Arthur sighed and got up. He left the room and came back a minute later with a teddy bear in his grasp. 

"If you finish your food, I will give you this bear and take you to the park tomorrow morning" he smiled softly. Chloe stopped crying and looked at him. He smiled once more and gestured for her to approach him. Reluctantly, Chloe made her way towards Arthur.

With shaky hands, Chloe took the teddy bear and hugged it. She loves teddy bears and has a load of them in her bedroom. Arthur smiled and unconsciously patted the kid's head.

"Sit here" Arthur patted the space next to him on the bed and Chloe reluctantly sat down. He took a fork full of spaghetti and started feeding her. Chloe didn't argue this time. Instead, she opened wide enough for him and occasionally she would smile at him.

"Ahjusshi, are you really going to take me to the park tomorrow?" Chloe suddenly asked.

Arthur froze and looked at the kid. She was looking at him with sparkly and hopeful eyes.

"O-ofcourse" he said shakily. Why did he just agree, he has no idea. Maybe because his heart already has a soft spot for the kid.

"Pinky promise?" Chloe raised up her little pinky to Arthur. It made him smile as he hooked his pinky to hers.

"Promise" he felt contented that the child no longer call him 'bad guy' and instead she called him 'ahjusshi'. That's a first step.

After dinner, Arthur tucked the kid in bed. He sang the kid to sleep while Chloe hugged the teddy bear that he gave her.

"Goodnight ahjusshi" Chloe yawned and fell into a deep slumber.

"Goodnight too...my little Chloe" Arthur smiled and kissed her forehead before leaving the room.

He felt happy that Chloe isn't scared of him anymore. It was enough for him to see her smiles for today and he hoped that tomorrow would be better. 

"I will definitely get back what's mine Nichkhun....even if I have to kill you" he whispered to himself. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"Oppa, I hate you!"

"Fany? Is that really you?"

"Why did you cheat on me Oppa? Don't you love me and our baby anymore?"

"I didn't cheat....It was all a trap"

"No, you're lying. You're just a big fat liar and look what happened....me and our baby had to suffer the consequences of your sin!"

"No! Don't leave me!"

"It's too late now Oppa. You came too late and I'm not sorry that I have to leave you"

"Please~ I will do anything. Don't go"

"Goodbye Oppa. I hope you're happy"

"No!!!!"

Nichkhun woke up from his afternoon nap with sweats trickling down his forehead and tears streaming down his face.

He would occasionally have nightmares like these after that terrible accident that took the lives of his loved ones.

Nichkhun got up and took a cold shower before getting ready to go out. Rose walked into the room and was surprised to find her husband all dressed up. 

"Where are you going Nich?" Rose asked curiously. 

"Out" he replied briefly.

"Where?"

"To meet a friend" Nichkhun fixed his tie and didn't look at Rose.

"Friend? Can I come along?" Rose asked hopefully.

"No. It's just a business problem" Nichkhun walked past her but Rose quickly held his hand.

"Nich, why are you really going out?" Rose pressed on the word 'why'. Nichkhun stiffened and didn't immediately reply.

"Are you....c-cheating on me?" Rose asked quietly only for him to hear her.

Nichkhun sighed and ruffled his hair with his right hand before releasing his other hand from Rose's grasp. As he walked away, Rose scoffed as tears started to flow down her face.

She took out her phone and called the only person whom she could trust.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Nichkhun arrived at his destination and smiled upon seeing the person he longed for, is standing outside. He drove and parked his car right in front of her and got out of the car.

"Hey Fany" He greeted cheerfully at the person.

Stephanie was shocked beyond words and she glanced nervously at the mansion while fidgeting with her fingers. 

"What are you doing here?" She tried her best to sound as tough as possible although she's already shaking inside.

"I'm here to ask you out for dinner" Nichkhun said, oblivious of the tension. Stephanie couldn't believe her ears.

"We are not lovers anymore. It's best if you leave now before I call the police" Stephanie threatened.

"Come on Fany ah, we are still friends. It's not wrong if I want to catch up with you since you literally disappeared for 5 long years" Nichkhun just had to rub it in. Stephanie wanted to punch and kick him but refrain herself from doing so.

"For your information, I did not. It was you who disappeared" Stephanie fired back. She could feel the rage rising up inside her and to think that she raised Zachary

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter