Chapter 18

We Used To Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, you're saying that they are seeing each other secretly?" Arthur asked as he examined the pictures on the table in front of him.

"Yes, I know it's only been a day but I have this feeling that they have met each other long before Rose and Nichkhun met" Jasmin said.

"Hmm....maybe I could use this against him. After I show these pictures to Rose, she will surely leave him and come back to me" Arthur smirked. Jasmin sighed inwardly.

"Jasmin, I need you to keep spying on them. Make sure you take lots of pictures and don't let them out of your sight. Record everything including the time and date of their meetings" Arthur ordered.

"Alright" Jasmin forced a smile and picked up every single photos on the table and placed them into the brown envelope. She then excused herself.

"This is going to be interesting" he chuckled evilly. He was busy imagining scenarios where he would finally reunite with Rose and Chloe when....

*ring* *ring*

Arthur picked up his phone.

"What is it?" He grunted clearly annoyed with the disturbance. 

.................

"You sure he learned his lesson?"

..................

"That's great but I hope no one saw you guys beating the crap out of him"

....................

"Alright. I will let you know if I need you to do more dirty works for me"

Arthur shuts his phone and grinned evilly. Everything is finally going according to his plan. He can't wait for the final act.
-----------------------------------------------------------
It was just another lovely afternoon in the Hwang Mansion. Zachary was busy playing in his room since his mother told him that she would be going out to pick up his new nanny.

He also remembered that his grandparents and aunt and uncle would arrive in the evening. He can't wait to spend time with them but for now he can't help but to feel lonely.

He sighed and got up. It's so boring playing alone. He got onto the bed and took out an old photo from the drawer beside his bed.

He stared at it for a long time before another sigh escaped his lips. He wished he could meet his father and finally do things that a father and son should do. He wants to share his toys with his father and talks about his day at school. It would be so much fun.

"Zachary! I'm home" he heard a shout from downstairs. He quickly hid the photo and ran out of his room.

"Come down and meet your new nanny"

Zachary pouted. He could see his mother talking with another older lady. Slowly, he descended down the stairs and approached them. 

"You could help me prepare breakfast and lunch and then do the laundry. Also, some cleaning around the mansion. I'll show you to your room later on and tour you around" Stephanie explained.

"Mummy" Zachary clutched onto her shirt before glancing up at his new nanny. The latter had a stern look on her face and it really scares him.

"Baby, greet nanny Jang" Stephanie patted his back. He shook his head and quickly hid himself behind her.

"I'm really sorry Mrs Jang but he's usually friendly around others" Stephanie apologised. 

"It's alright Stephanie dear" Jang Seo Jin smiled.

"Let me show you around now" Stephanie offered to carry some of Seo Jin's bags. Zachary was left alone again.

He stared at the new nanny with a disgusted expression. The face of that woman reminded him of a horror movie he watched last year with his mother. He couldn't sleep every night after watching that movie but eventually he forgot about it.

"I hate her already" he whispered to himself and ran upstairs to his bedroom and locked the door.

He stayed in bed and eventually fell asleep.

"Mummy, why can't I meet daddy?" Zachary cried.

"I've told you a million times that he's away. Please don't talk about your daddy in front of me again" Stephanie said sternly and turned her back on him.

"B-but...mummy...all the kids at school has their daddy with them. Why can't I have mine beside me?" He continue to sob. He felt like his life is unfair. 

"Baby...isn't it enough to just have mummy beside you? Would you have preferred daddy instead of me?" Stephanie asked with a hint of disappointment in her voice. She tried her best not to break down in front of the kid.

Zachary stared at his mother's figure that was slowly disappearing from his sight. He tried to chase after her but his legs stayed rooted on the spot. 

"Mummy!! Don't leave me" he shouted. 
As he blinked his tears away, a manly figure appeared in front of him. He couldn't see the face but he could guess who he was.

"Don't cry Zachary. I'm here for you now....daddy's here" the man said softly and hugged him. He didn't hesitate to hug back. 

"Daddy, I missed you" he sobbed and buried his face against his chest.

"I missed you too. Shall we go now?" He stood up and held out his hand.

"B-but what about mummy?" Zachary asked, suddenly feeling afraid. 

"She's not going to come back. It will just be me and you...We can have lots of fun together just like how you wanted" he smiled.

Zachary couldn't believe his ears. He wanted a happy and complete family because without his mother, who would wake him up every morning? Who would sing and hug him to sleep? Who would take care of him when he fell sick?

"No! I want my mummy" he protested.

"Come on Zachary. Don't be stubborn and follow me. Your mother is long gone" he gritted his teeth.

"No!!!" He lashed out when the man grabbed his hand by force.

"Baby, wake up." Zachary felt someone shaking him and hugging him real tightly.

Zachary finally opened his eyes and the first person he saw is his beloved mother. He quickly hug her back and buried his face at the crook of her neck.

"Mummy~ don't leave me" he started to cry. Stephanie was surprised. She suppose he just had a terrible nightmare. 

"Baby, I'm not going to leave you. It's all just a bad dream" she said soothingly and kissed his forehead.

"It's just a dream?" He asked. Stephanie nodded.

"I thought it was real" he sniffed.

"Don't think about that anymore. We better get downstairs because harabeoji is here" Stephanie wiped his tears away before carrying him out of the room.

Stephanie left Zachary at the living room with Leo and her father whilst all the ladies in the mansion prepare dinner.

"Harabeoji~ Leo hyungg" Zachary called out with so much enthusiastic. He ran over to them and gave them a warm hug.

"Omo! Zachary you've grown" Mr Hwang chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"Yeah, the last time I saw you....you were just a tiny baby" Leo added playfully. Zachary could only smile.

"Harabeoji, how long will you be staying?" Zachary asked as he sat on the former's lap.

"Two weeks"

"Yay!!!" He cheered and threw both his arms in the air.

"Zach, we bought toys for you" Leo handed a few boxes of legos to Zachary.

"Wow~ it's the new set. I've always wanted to have these but mummy wouldn't buy any for me" he pouted.

"Really? Do you want to play with them now?" Leo grinned. Zachary nodded and both of them ascended the stairs towards Zachary's bedroom.

Mr Hwang could only laugh, seeing how childish Leo is whenever there are kids around.

An hour later, Stephanie called everyone for dinner. As they all sat down, Stephanie say the prayer before they started digging on the foods.

"Wow Steph, you've improved. The foods are really good" Mr Hwang complimented.

"Thanks Appa. It was mostly Mum and Emily who prepared all of these" Stephanie smiled.

"Nah, don't leave yourself behind. You helped a lot too" Mrs Hwang or Amanda chuckled.

They continued to eat in silence. Mr Hwang glanced at the kitchen and frowned at the new face.

"Steph, did you replace Mrs Kim with a new one?" Mr Hwang asked.

"Oh right! I almost forgot. Mrs Jang please join us" Stephanie called out.

Mrs Jang hesitantly walked towards the dining room and sat beside Zachary.

"Appa, this is Jang Seo Jin and yes she is a new replacement. Mrs Kim decided to quit because of some personal problem" Stephanie explained.

"Hello Sir" Mrs Jang smiled nervously.

Mr Hwang cleared his throat and acknowledged her. He had a serious look on his face, making Mrs Jang scared. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter