Chapter 3

We Used To Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let me make tea for us" Stephanie said and let Taeyeon carry Jun Shin. She left the room and came back a few minutes later with a teapot and two small cups.

"So where should we start?" Stephanie asked excitedly as she poured the tea for Taeyeon and herself.

"I think I've talked enough about me earlier. So let's talk about you instead" Taeyeon smiled and took a sip of the tea made by Stephanie.

"I'm still the same, as you can guess" Stephanie shrugged. Taeyeon eyed her suspiciously as she took another sip of the tea. Stephanie did the same as she turned the other way to avoid her best friend's eyes.

"From the looks of it, you're hiding something...perhaps a new boyfriend?" Taeyeon smirked as Stephanie choked on her tea.

"Tae! I don't have a boyfriend" Stephanie whined and glared at her friend.

"It's just a wild guess" Taeyeon shrugged, ignoring the glare that she received. 

Jun Shin squirmed from his mother's lap, wanting attention too. Taeyeon put down her cup and stood up, dancing around so that Jun Shin doesn't start crying.

"Come on Fany ah..I know something is bothering you" Taeyeon urged after a few moments of silence. Her best friend is really stubborn.

"Seriously Tae, I'm not hiding anything" Stephanie said lowly.

"If you say so" Taeyeon sighed. No use trying to get something out of her friend. She is always the mysterious one. And there's silence again.

"Anyway, I gotta get going now" Taeyeon interrupted the silence. Stephanie stood up beside her.

"So soon? Are you going back to LA?" Stephanie asked with a hint of disappointment in her voice.

"Yeah, it's really time for Jun Shin to get his afternoon nap. As soon as Leeteuk Oppa finished his business with his aunt, we will fly back" Taeyeon gave the latter a warm smile.

"I wish we could have more time to catch up. I want to hang out with you like before" Stephanie pouted.

"Silly girl...We will have all the time to ourselves when our kids have families of their own" Taeyeon laughed her ahjumma laughter that never failed to make Stephanie laugh along.

"Arasso...let me send you out" Stephanie smiled and both of them left the room.

Taeyeon bid goodbye to Sunny who was managing the counter and Stephanie walked out with her. They stopped in front of a purple car.

"Let me kiss Jun Shin goodbye" Stephanie said and pecked the baby's forehead and then his chubby cheek. Jun Shin suddenly cried which startled the two.

"Oh my gosh, I think he doesn't like goodbyes" Taeyeon chuckled. Stephanie nodded and pulled Taeyeon into her arms, hugging her tightly while squeezing Jun Shin in the middle.

"Bye Tae. Take care of yourself arasso?" Stephanie whispered, trying her best not to cry. 

"I will but I'm worried about you. I hope you wouldn't hide everything from me you know? I'm your friend and you can always tell me anything" Taeyeon said warmly and patted the latter's back.

"I'll be fine" Stephanie replied shortly and break the hug.

"Alright" Taeyeon sighed, giving up on trying to get something out of her friend.

"Say hello to Zach for me" Taeyeon added and tucked Jun Shin at the baby seat which was on the back and then she got into the driver seat.

"Okay bye!" Stephanie waved and watched Taeyeon's car disappeared into broad daylight.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
It was already late at night and Nichkhun finally got home from his work. He thought he could have a peaceful night today but he was so wrong. As soon as his feet stepped into the house, Rose lectured him about coming home late again. It didn't surprise him though because they are always arguing about the same thing. 

"Did you know that Chloe locked herself in her room since lunch time?" That statement surprised him because they have never included Chloe in their arguments before.

"Why? Is she alright?" Nichkhun asked, with worry written all over his face.

"It's all because of your ignorance. You never bothered to care about her wellbeing since you're so BUSY with your work" Rose stated acidly.

"Rose! You know I'm doing this for us. You never complained before" Nichkhun argued. Usually Rose would only lecture him to come home early and the argument would end with Rose saying that she misses him and then completed with their evening activity in bed.

This time it's different. It's much more serious than any arguments they have had for the past five years of their marriage.

"Well this time you've gone too far.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter