Chapter 16

We Used To Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the other side of town, a group of people with motorcycles were gathered outside an old looking house.

"Why did you call us here Arthur?" A tall and muscular man asked.

"I need your help" Arthur said seriously while looking at each and every one of them.

"A guy like you needs our help? It can't be" the only lady in the group mocked.

"Jasmin's right. You always do things on your own" another guy laughed. 

"Come on guys. Let him explain himself first" the tall and muscular guy interfered.

Everyone kept quiet now. Arthur finally breathed a sigh. What an unsupportive group of friends.

"Jasmin, I need you to spy on someone for me" he stared at the girl.

"M-me?" The girl was surprised.

"Yeah. If you agree then I'll explain the details later on"

"Alright" Jasmin agreed right away. She would do anything for the guy she loves....secretly of course.

"Junjo, I want you to lead the gang. I have someone in mind that I want you to torture" Arthur said, with rage visible in his eyes. An image of Rose's brother appeared in his mind.

'How dare he mercilessly beat me up in front of Rose and my daughter! He's going to feel the same pain, if not more' Arthur smirked. He's got the perfect plan to get Rose and his daughter back. And when he did, he will not let them go that easily anymore. 

"Who is it? When do you want us to start the plan?" Junjo asked eagerly. It's been ages since he last fought.

"This is the guy" Arthur took out a photo from his pocket and showed them.

"I just need you guys to give him a warning. It doesn't matter when but make sure you guys do it cautiously. Don't get caught by anyone, understand?"

"Yes boss!" All the men saluted him.

"Meeting dismissed"

Everyone started to leave, except for 
Jasmin. She waited till everyone leaves before approaching Arthur who was about to leave too. 

"Arthur, who's the person you want me to spy on?" She asked directly.

"Jasmin, I almost forgot about you" Arthur took off his helmet.

"This is the guy. I will need you to find anything useful about him that I can use later on for my plan" Arthur gave her a picture of Nichkhun.

She took it and examined it before looking at Arthur.

"Is this the guy who took Rose and Chloe?" Jasmin asked to confirm.

"Yes"

That's all it took to make Jasmin realise that she can never own Arthur. All these years, he still loves Rose. She felt heartbroken. She wants Arthur to herself but he loves someone else. He will never see her more than a friend.

"You'll help me right?" Arthur snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Y-yeah of course" she stuttered. Why did she agree?!

'Ah, Arthur you really make me mesmerised and crazy for you. I could never say no'

"Thanks Jasmin! You're the best" he hugged her. Jasmin didn't move. She decided to embrace and capture this moment because when Rose and Chloe are finally here, she won't be able to get special treatments from Arthur anymore. He would be too busy with his own family.
-----------------------------------------------------------
The next day @ Hwang's Mansion:

Nanny Kim stared at yet another letter from her son.

Dear mother,

Baerin is going to undergo her first chemotherapy tomorrow. She asked about you and I didn't know what to say. I just hope you will come today and talk to her for me. She's really scared and Seoni is not here. Please, quit your job and come back to us. Take care of your own family first before others. That's all I'm asking from you.

Your beloved son,
Kim Sunjong.

She sobbed. What is she going to do? She wanted to spend more time with her grandchildren and son but she felt heavy hearted if she had to leave Stephanie and Zachary. They are like family to her now.

She knew she had to make a decision now before its too late. Her heart wants her to be with her family but her mind says she mustn't leave Zachary because the kid still needs her.

"Nanny, what's wrong?" Stephanie asked worriedly. She witnessed how Nanny Kim was crying while holding onto a letter in her hand. It was like she was in pain.

"S-stephanie..." Nanny Kim gasped and quickly hid the letter behind her.

"Nanny, are you hiding something from me?"

"No...Of course not" again she stuttered. For sure, Stephanie could smell something fishy.

"You don't have to be shy or afraid nanny. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here" Stephanie said tenderly. She doesn't want her to feel that she's an outsider.

"I-I...want to quit..."

"Mummy, I'm ready!" Zachary suddenly interrupted them with his loud voice.

"Get in the car first" Stephanie gave her car key to the kid. He took it and ran towards Nanny Kim. 

"Bye Nanny~" Zachary hugged her legs before running out of the house. She could only watch him with a heavy heart. He's been under her care ever since he was a baby.

"Nanny, what do you mean you want to quit?" Stephanie asked after making sure Zachary is no longer there.

"I-I just can't work anymore. My granddaughter is sick and she needs me. I hope you understand" Nanny Kim sighed.

Stephanie looked at her with pity. She doesn't want to let nanny Kim go but she can't be selfish.

"If possible, I want to quit today" nanny Kim added with a heavy heart. She looked at Stephanie who kept quiet the whole time. She thought maybe the girl doesn't want to let her quit. What will she tell her son and granddaughter?

Stephanie surprised her with a tight hug.

"Nanny, you've been in the family for so long. You're like family to us now" Stephanie sobbed.

"Dear, I'll still come to visit when I have time" Nanny Kim tried to console her. 

"Yeah I know. It's just that I don't know if Zachary will be able to accept this" Stephanie broke the hug and wiped her tears.

"You can tell him after he comes back from school" Nanny Kim smiled.

"You'll still be here right?" Stephanie asked hopefully.

"Yeah, I have to pack my things too. I'll meet him to say goodbye properly"

"Okay. I'll handle the paperwork during lunch time for you to sign"

"Okay dear, see you during lunch hour"

"Okay bye Nanny"
-----------------------------------------------------------
Stephanie parked her car right in front of the school's lobby.

"Do you want mummy to send you to your classroom?"

"No thank you Mummy. I can find my way" he grinned cutely.

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes~"

"I guess my little boy is not so little anymore" she teased.

"No~ I'm still your baby boy" he hugged her tightly. 

"Alright alright. I want you to behave yourself in school and don't talk to strangers, understand?" she asked while cupping his face. 

"Okay mummy" he nodded his head and kissed her cheek before getting out of the car in a hurry.

He turned around and waved at her before disappearing from her sight. Stephanie waved back and finally drove off to work.

At Flower Inn:

"Steph, how was your date with Mr Handsome?" Sunny asked eagerly.

"Sunny!" Stephanie pouted. Surely she can't be asking her that when there are customers coming in and out.

"Just tell me" Sunny demanded.

"Fine! He confessed that he has feelings for me ever since we were kids" she sighed.

"See? I was right" Sunny chuckled.

"So did you accept him?" Sunny wiggled her eyebrows. She wanted to hear the whole story.

"He gave me time to think it through although I wanted to reject him that very moment"

"What?! Why would you reject such a guy? He's like the perfect package" Sunny sighed dreamily.

"It involves my heart Sunny. I can't accept him because he's..."

"Your best friend?" Sunny guessed. Stephanie stared at the floor.

"Oh come on Steph! It's the modern time and people usually become friends before getting married" Sunny said angrily.

"I know but...I just can't accept him. I'm not ready yet for another relationship" Stephanie whispered the last sentence but Sunny heard it loud and clear.

"Maybe you should put your own heart aside and think about your son for one second. He's growing up and needs a fatherly figure to help him. Siwon is just the right guy" Sunny explained. She didn't mean to interfere but as a friend, she should at least give advice.

"You don't understand Sunny!...I don't want to get my heart broken for the second time. I just can't accept anyone. Zachary is doing just fine growing up. I can be his mother and father" Stephanie walked out of the shop and into her car. She might just blow up and hurt Sunny if she stayed.

She couldn't think straight anymore if she's emotional and she doesn't want to destroy her friendship with Sunny just because of some guy issue.

Sunny sighed due to frustration and ruffled her hair. She knew she must have hurt Stephanie's feelings.

Stephanie cried her heart out inside the car. She couldn't control her emotions right now. It's just too much to bear.

She's a single mother with a 5 years old son. She knew nothing about taking care of a child but she's learning day by day. Is it too selfish of her to prevent Zachary from having a father by his side? How about her feelings?

Why doesn't anyone understand?

"Steph..." she heard a knock on the window.

Quickly, she wiped her tears away and got out of the car. She locked her car before walking past Sunny and back to the shop.

"Look Ste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter