Chapter 1

We Used To Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inside a really huge mansion, a woman in her mid twenties is busy cooking in the kitchen whilst singing to one of her favourite songs. She was so immersed in the song that she didn't realize a little boy creeping behind her. The kid pounced at her, making her jump a little and accidentally dropped the frying pan.

The kid started to laugh while the woman tried to calm herself by breathing in and out. She turned around and put her hands on her hips.

"Zachary Hwang! Care to explain what you're trying to do?"

"Hehe.....I was just playing around" he replied as soon as he finished laughing. 

"And what do you have to say for yourself?" She bend down and picked up the frying pan and stood back up.

"I'm sorry Mummy. I won't do it again" he replied with a smile. He knew his mummy will never scold him or even smack him for fooling around so he loves to .

"Good boy. Have you pack your school bag?" She asked, her eyes now focused on her cooking. 

"Yes Mummy. Nanny helped me take a shower but I packed my own bag" he said proudly.

"That's mummy little boy. Can you help mummy get our breakfast ready?"

The kid didn't hesitate as he nodded cheerfully. After eating breakfast together, the mother and son left the mansion at 7am sharp.

The boy is starting preschool today so he's feeling really excited whilst his mother is going to drop him off and leave for work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Inside a luxurious two storey house, a man in a black suit walked down the stairs with a smile on his handsome face. He entered the kitchen and his smile brighten at the sight of his beautiful wife.

"Good morning dear" he whispered from behind her and planted a kiss on her cheek. The woman smiled and turned around to give her husband a hug.

"Good morning Nich. Did you sleep well?" She asked with her soft voice.

"Of course I did. I had a great night, thanks to you" he smirked playfully. The latter only blushed.

"Oh where's Chloe?" Nichkhun asked. His wife, Rose stopped blushing.

"She's still upstair. She must be taking a bath or packing her bag" Rose replied. Nichkhun nodded and settled down on the dining table. He's feeling very hungry after smelling the food that Rose is preparing.

"Good morning Mummy and Daddy" a little girl greeted them.

"Good morning baby" they answered in unison. The kid giggled and sat down next to her daddy.

"Have you packed your bag Chloe?" Nichkhun asked as Rose placed the food on the table and sat down with them. 

"Yes daddy. Are you going to accompany me?" Chloe asked hopefully.

"I'm sorry baby but daddy has a lot of work to do today" Nichkhun smiled apologetically.

"Its okay. I will just go with mummy" Chloe tried her best to hide her disappointment but Rose could see it in her eyes. She decided to keep quiet.

"That's my good girl. I am glad you understand" he smiled and caressed her hair.

After breakfast, Nichkhun dropped his wife and daughter at the school before speeding off to work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Mummy~ why is daddy always busy?" Chloe asked Rose as soon as Nich's car sped off.

"Well, he's the CEO of his own company so he has to be at work before his employees" Rose tried to explain.

"But he's always busy and didn't have time for me" Chloe complained. Rose sigh and pull her daughter into her embrace.

"Don't worry dear. I will talk to daddy tonight" Rose reassured her.

Together, the mother and daughter walked towards the teachers office. At the same time, a woman and her son walked towards the same office. The two woman saw each other and smiled.

They didn't talk to each other as they are listening attentively to the teacher while the kids looked at each other. 

Zachary smiled at the girl but Chloe only look away. She's feeling a little grumpy today because of her daddy but she's usually friendly with people. Not today though. Zachary pouted h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter