Chapter 21

We Used To Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's Sunday today and the whole Hwang family decided to spend their time at the amusement park.

"What's taking them so long?" Leo groaned.

"You should be used to this by now Leo Hyung. You live with two ladies while I live with only one" Zachary teased.

"Yah! Who taught you to talk back to your elders?" Leo faked an angry face and knocked Zachary's head.

"Hyung! That hurts" Zachary pouted and rubbed his head.

"You deserved it. Also, you should call me uncle instead of hyung" Leo meronged.

"We are only apart by 6 years so it's not a big deal hyung. Do you like to be called uncle at such a young age?" Zachary smirked.

"Hey, it's 7 years. I turned 13 a month ago" Leo argued.

.........

"Urgh! Alright you win this time. I don't like to be called uncle for now but that doesn't mean you should disrespect me"

"I'm not disrespecting you hyung"

"Yes you are. You talked back and you teased me as if I'm your friend"

"That's not the same thing hyung. I'm only stating the truth"

"Cut it out you two!" Mr Hwang suddenly emerge from the kitchen.

"Appa, he's driving me nuts" Leo pointed at Zachary, who looked at his grandfather with his innocent eyes.

"He's just a kid Leo. You have to act your age"

"But I am acting my age!" Leo pouted.

"Then it must be because Zachary is a lot smarter than you" Mr Hwang laughed, followed by Zachary's hearty laughter.

Before Leo could counterattack, the three ladies descended down the stairs.

"Finally! Can we go now?" Leo sighed and walked out the front door.

"What's up with him?" Emily pointed at the door.

"You know how childish your brother gets" Mr Hwang laughed.

Emily nodded and chuckled, completely agreeing. As everyone got into the car, Mr Hwang ordered Nanny Jang to lock the front door. He got into the driver's seat and started the car.

"Buckle up your seatbelts everyone" Mr Hwang said with the sense of authority in his voice.

"Okay harabeoji!" Zachsry said enthuastically.

"Appa, we're not kids anymore. We know when to put on our seatbelts" Leo rolled his eyes.

"Well, it's just a simple reminder because I care for your life. Learn to respect me like Zachary does" Mr Hwang argued.

"Whatever.....you know, Appa does this all the time when we're at the US. He can be a little too overprotective sometimes" Leo nudged Stephanie who was sitting beside him.

"Really? He was never this caring before" Stephanie decided to father too.

"Why you ungrateful little swine" Mr Hwang turned around and glared at Leo who started to laugh.

Stephanie laughed too, along with Zachary while Emily stayed focus on her phone and Amanda could only shake her head. Her husband can be so childish at times.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile at the Horvejkul Residence:

"Daddy, can we go to the amusement park today?" Chloe begged for the nth time.

"Chloe, I have a meeting with one of my clients today. Why don't you go and ask Haelmoni to bring you out instead?" Nichkhun said as he tried to fix his necktie.

Rose sighed as she busied herself with the laundry. She didn't want to get involved in the father and daughter conversation.

"But I want mummy and daddy to go with me. Pweaseee daddy~" she begged cutely.

"I really can't. Bring mummy with you instead" Nichkhun grunted when he still couldn't tie his necktie.

"It's no fun without daddy" Chloe pouted and walked towards Rose. She gave Rose her famous puppy dog eyes.

"Nich, is the meeting so important? Can't you do it on weekdays instead of today?" Rose tried her luck to get Nichkhun to leave his work but she already know that Nichkhun will never agree.

His work is much more important than any other family events.

"It's one of my most important client from Japan. He will be flying to Australia the next day so today is the only day I have. I need to settle some stuff with him.....Can you take Chloe out instead?"

Rose stood up and walked towards Nichkhun. She pulled him to face her and tie his necktie properly. Nichkhun stared at her and gulped. The look on her face scared him a little.

"Why are you always so stubborn Nich? Chloe needs her father too and it's a Sunday today. You're not supposed to work" Rose sighed.

"I really have to settle some business with my client...Chloe, daddy will bring you out next time okay?" Nichkhun looked at his watch and gasped.

"Nich!" Rose was frustrated when Nich didn't even answer her question. Nichkhun took his briefcase that was on the bed and patted Chloe's head.

"Thanks Rose" he smiled at her and gave her a kiss on the lips before running out of the room. Rose was a bit stunned. What's with his good mood today?

"Mummy~ I want to go to the park" Chloe whined.

"Baby, let's just stay at home for today okay? Maybe we can get daddy to bring us out later in the afternoon" Rose tried to calm her daughter down.

"B-but..." Chloe pouted but finally agreed.

Rose knew that she had to find out what Nichkhun is up to. She had a feeling that he must be hiding something big from her.
-----------------------------------------------------------
At XXX amusement park:

"Thank you so much for bringing me along Steph" Sunny smiled gratefully.

"No worries Sunny. You deserve to take a break too" Stephanie smiled.

"Mummy, let's ride on that horse!" Zachary pulled Stephanie towards the merry go round.

"Sunny, I'm sorry but you'll have to try on different rides by yourself. I can't accompany you this time" Stephanie said apologetically and followed her son.

"Don't worry! Have fun...I have something better to do than play" Sunny smiled evilly and took out her phone. She dialled a number and waited for the other person to pick up. When the person finally did, Sunny had an unsatisfied look on her face.

"Yah! Where are you? I thought you said you're on your way?" Sunny complained.

............

"I don't care if you're stuck in the traffic. You told me to inform you of Stephanie's whereabout but when I did, you didn't even show up"

............

"You better hurry or else you'll miss the chance to talk with her"

Sunny sighed as she hung up the phone.

'Steph, I'm only doing this because you're so stubborn. Zachary needs his father and Nichkhun deserves to know that his son is still alive'
-----------------------------------------------------------
After running around and going on different rides with Zachary, Stephanie felt like her bones are going to break. One hour felt like three hours for Stephanie.

"Baby, can we stop for a break? Mummy's tired" Stephanie took a seat near the fountain. She breathed in and out to calm her pounding heart.

"Mummy, we still have many rides to go. I want to try the rollercoaster" Zachary pouted and pulled his mother's hand.

"Maybe you should take your Leo Hyung with you. I don't think I can go on like this" Stephanie pulled Zachary to sit on her lap and help him to wipe away the sweats on his forehead and back.

"But I want mummy. Leo Hyung complai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter