Chapter 2

We Used To Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Flower Inn:

"Sunny, do you mind staying here and look after the shop while I go pick Zachary from school?" Stephanie said with a pleading look.

"Fine...but make sure you buy something delicious for me. I'm hungry" Sunny pouted like a kid.

"Okay" Stephanie chuckled and left in a hurry. It's already half past 12 and she's half an hour late.

As soon as she arrived at the school, she was greeted by a crying Zachary. The boy ran towards her from his classroom as Stephanie got there.

"I'm sorry that I'm late baby" Stephanie apologised deeply as she carried him in her arms. The boy wrapped his small arms around her neck and cried.

He was always so scared of being left alone. All the other kids have left, leaving him with his teacher but Zachary doesn't feel comfortable with strangers around. He said it makes him feel nervous.

"Let's go eat lunch at KFC. What do you say?" Stephanie asked cheerfully, trying to stop him from crying.

"Really? Yes I want!" He suddenly shouted out with so much energy and wiping away his tears, he planted a kiss on Stephanie's cheek. 

"Then let's go" Stephanie smiled and ruffled his hair.

When they arrived in front of the fast food restaurant, Zachary quickly ran out of the car with Stephanie running after him.

"Zachary! Don't ever run away like that again. You might fall" Stephanie said breathlessly and held the kid's hand.

"Okay mummy" he answered with a giggle and held tightly onto his mother's hand.

Both of them stood in line and when it was their turn, Stephanie turned towards Zachary and asked him what he wanted. 

"I want fries and ice cream mummy"

"Baby, you know you can't have ice cream. You will get sick easily" Stephanie said softly. 

"But mummy~ just this once" he pouted and showed his puppy dog eyes towards the latter. He knew it was his mother's weakness.

"Hmm...alright" Stephanie smiled in defeat and told the lady her orders. As they found a place to sit, Zachary started eating the ice cream with a wide smile on his face.

Stephanie only allowed him to have ice cream once in awhile and it has been 6 months since he had one. So you can imagine how much he craved for ice cream. 

"Eat slowly baby" Stephanie said when she saw him eating so quickly.

"I just love ice cream so much mummy" he grinned, showing off his pearly white teeth. Stephanie chuckled and shook her head. She took a tissue from her bag and wiped the ice cream stains on her son's lips.

When they were done eating, Stephanie went to the counter and ordered beef burger, a large fries and soda for Sunny. Zachary was left at their table to wait.

He was looking around the restaurant when a figure of a family caught his eyes. A boy around his age is happily eating while his mother is sitting beside him and in front of him is the father, as what Zachary assumed.

The boy had a wide smile on his face as the father was telling some jokes. Oh how he wished to meet his father but his mother never once talked about him. He wanted to feel how every kid, that has a father, felt. He wanted to have that experience of being hugged by his own father.

"Baby, it's time to go home" Stephanie's voice brought the kid back to reality. He stared at his mother and then at the family of three. Stephanie followed his gaze and knew the look on her son's face.

"Baby, come on" Stephanie said softly and carried her son who still wouldn't move an inch. In his mother's arms, he cling his arms around her neck while his eyes never left the lucky boy who have a father while he doesn't have any. 

"Mummy, I want a daddy too" he whispered softly into Stephanie's ear and buried his face at the crook of her neck. Stephanie was speechless. She gave the kid a pat on the back without uttering a single word.

How will she explain things to her son? He's only 5 years old. Will he even understand all that has happened in the past?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, Rose and Chloe got home and ate their lunch quietly. Rose could see that Chloe w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter