Chapter 14

We Used To Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mummy, wake up" Stephanie felt someone shaking her body. With a groan, she opened her eyes slowly.

"Zachary? What time is it?" She yawned and turned her body away from Zachary. The kid pouted.

"It's 8am mummy"

"Wake me up if it's 9am. Let me sleep longer" Stephanie went back to dreamland.

"But harabeoji is on the phone. He wants to speak to you" Zachary stated.

"........."

"Haish~" Zachary got up and immediately walk out of the room. 

"Nanny, mummy said to tell harabeoji that she will call him back later" Zachary said boredly and went back to watch his favourite channel.

Nanny Kim put her ear back near the phone and uttered "Sir, your daughter said she will call you back later".

"Alright"

Nanny Kim breathed out a sigh of relief as the call ended. She's always afraid of her boss because of his bad temper. Good thing his daughter didn't inherit his temper.

Nanny Kim went back to the kitchen and continued with her cooking.

Meanwhile, Stephanie's sleep was interrupted by the ringing of her phone. With closed eyes, she reached for her phone that was on the floor.

"Hello" her voice was hoarse and weak.

"Steph! Are you going to leave me to do all the work?"

"Sunny? Argh~ I forgot that I have work today" Stephanie got up and leaned on the headboard.

"Hmm...let me guess. Did you stay up all night thinking about the dinner you had with Siwon Oppa?" Sunny teased.

"W-what? Of course not" Stephanie stuttered. 

"Come on~ you can't fool me Steph. Fine, I will give you the day off but you have to tell me all about it tomorrow" Sunny squeled.

"Sunny it's not what you think" Stephanie face palmed herself.

"Don't be shy Steph. I'm pretty sure he confessed to you that he likes you! OMG tell me everything arasso?"

"........"

"Oh I have a customer now. I gotta go. Bye bestie" Sunny hung up without even waiting for a reply from Stephanie. 

"Ugh! How am I going to tell Sunny about Nichkhun Oppa?" Stephanie asked to no one. She placed her phone on the desk and laid back on the bed.

Slowly, she fell back into a deep sleep.

"Doctor! She's bleeding too much" that's what Stephanie heard when she opened her eyes. 

"Check her vitals. We need to make sure she's stable before we can take the baby out" the doctor ordered. All the nurses got to work. 

Stephanie felt pain all over her body. She tried to talk but her face was covered with an oxygen mask.

With all the energy left in her, she grabbed the nurse's hand that was holding the oxygen mask and removed it.

"N-Nich...O-Op-pa...." Stephanie muttered weakly while shutting her eyes.

The nurse frowned as she tried to catch what the former was saying.

"What did you say?" The nurse asked. Stephanie shook her head weakly and sobbed. Doesn't the nurse understand that she's having a hard time talking? Why can't they just let Nichkhun stand beside her?

"Doc, I've transferred the blood into her body. We can now operate on her" another nurse informed.

"Alright, get the instruments ready. I have to inform the family first" the doctor said and left.

That was the last thing Stephanie heard before darkness consumed her.

"Wake up Mummy!" Zachary shouted into his mother's ear. Stephanie bolted up from her sleeping position and gasped for air. She just had a nightmare of the night that changed her whole life.

Why is she having such a dream in daylight time? Is this a sign? If it is, then what does it all mean?

"Mummy, are you okay?" Zachary asked worriedly. His mother looked so pale.

"Baby, I'm so sorry" Stephanie burst into tears as she brought the kid into her embrace. Zachary pitied his mother. He hates seeing her cry.

Quickly, he wrapped his little arms around her and said soothing words to calm her down.

Stephanie still remembered when she woke up, her baby was not in her womb anymore. She thought she had lost her baby until a nurse came in and handed her a blue baby bundle.

You could say that Stephanie felt like the happiest mother on earth the moment she held her baby securely in her arms. She forgot all about the pain when she was in the OR, she forgot that she had just got into an accident and she even forgot that her boyfriend had just cheated on her.

All she cared was to be a good mother and protect her baby.

"Nurse, may I know if anyone visited me while I was unconscious or asleep?" Stephanie asked. She had been staying in this hospital for a week, according to the nurse but never once she seen anyone coming to visit her.....not even Nichkhun.

"No Miss, we have contacted your father and he said he'll be flying down in 2 days time" the nurse replied after a few minutes of silence.

"Then, may I know who brought me here?" Stephanie didn't want to believe that Nichkhun is so heartless that he abandoned her just like she's nothing.

"Erh....It was a guy but he never came after that. I think his name is Nichkhun" the nurse answered honestly. 

So, Nichkhun didn't abandon her on the street. He was here with her but where is he now? Have he looked at their child yet?

"So, he never came after that? Did he tell you anything?" Stephanie wanted to know.

The nurse shook her head with a pitied look as Stephanie had a disappointed look on her pale face. 

"May I borrow your phone?" Stephanie asked politely. The nurse nodded and handed her phone to the former.

Stephanie dialled the number she remembered by heart and placed the phone near her ear. After a few rings, someone finally answered.

"Nich Oppa, where are you?" she asked with a strained voice. She tried to control herself from crying. 

"I'm sorry but may I know who's this?" The person on the other line asked. It was a girl's voice. It surprised Stephanie. 

"Is this Nichkhun's number?" Stephanie wanted to make sure. It can't be that she has mistaken.

"Yes and I'm his fiancée. Oppa is in the fitting room right now, trying on a suit. We are getting married next week. Do you want me to pass your message to him?"

Stephanie was dumbfounded. Did she hear it right? How can Nichkhun leave her hanging like this without saying anything? And then before she knew it, he was getting married without taking any responsibility towards their child.

"N-no...its alright. Congratulations to the both of you. And don't tell Nich Oppa that I called" Stephanie hung up and handed the phone to the nurse.

"Thank you" she forced a smile.

"No problem miss" the nurse grinned and left. 

When she made sure that she was alone, Stephanie cried her heart out while constantly hitting her chest with her fist. The emotional pain that she was experiencing was so much more worst than the physical pain.

"Mummy, please don't cry. I'm here" Zachary's voice managed to calm her down and brought her back to reality. 
Stephanie wiped her tears with the back of her hand before breaking the hug. She cupped Zachary's face and wiped his tears with her thumbs. 

"I'm sorry baby" she muttered again.

"Why are you saying sorry? You did noth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter