Chapter 7

We Used To Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stephanie arrived home by half past 6 and was greeted by silence. She called out for Nanny Kim but no answer. Then she heard Zachary's voice upstairs. He was crying and shouting.

Stephanie ran upstairs and towards his bedroom. She couldn't believe her eyes at the sight of the messy room, with toys scattered around the floor and bed.

Zachary was sitting on  the bed, crying while Nanny Kim tried to calm him down. Stephanie approached them.

"What happened?" She asked carefully.

"M-mummy~" Zachary got up and embraced Stephanie.

"He wouldn't eat his medicine and when I tried to force him, he made a mess" Nanny Kim explained.

"Zachary, why don't you listen to Nanny hmm?" Stephanie looked at her son seriously.

"I want mummy" he sniffed as he had stopped crying.

"Baby, you know I have work. You should be a good boy at home and not a naughty one" Stephanie lectured him. The kid only bowed his head low, feeling guilty that he made his mother angry.

"I'm sorry" he said softly. Stephanie smiled and carried him.

"You're forgiven. Now let's eat dinner" Stephanie smiled. Nanny Kim followed them from behind. She felt relief that the kid had stopped crying.

At the dinner table, the three of them ate silently. Nanny Kim may not be a family member but Stephanie always treat her like a mother and let her eat dinner with them. 

"Mummy, did you send my letter to daddy? Did he reply yet?" Zachary broke the silence. Stephanie stopped eating and stared at her son. What should she answer?

"Hmm.....there's no reply yet from your daddy" she lied. In fact, she never sent the letter because the kid's father is nearer than he thought. And they were supposed to meet each other earlier yet it got canceled.

Maybe it was fate. They weren't supposed to meet each other yet.

"When can I meet daddy? I really miss him" the boy sniffed.

"Baby, don't cry. Your daddy will be home when the time has come" Stephanie patted his head. Zachary only nodded his head weakly and continue to eat. Nanny Kim looked at them with pity. 

"Ma'am, we are out of milk for Zachary" Nanny Kim said to ease the tension in the air.

"Really? I will go out and buy later on" Stephanie smiled. 

"Mummy, can I follow too?" Zachary asked hopefully.

"You're still sick baby. How about you finish your dinner now and I will let you watch your favourite show on TV?" Stephanie persuaded him and it worked.

"Okay!" He said enthusiastically and took a few spoonful of rice into his mouth and got up. 

"I'm done. Come on mummy" Zachary pulled Stephanie up and towards the living room. She had not even finish her food. Stephanie shook her head and chuckled.

Stephanie switched on the TV and clicked the spongebob channel. It's his favourite and being a very disciplined mother, Stephanie only let him watch TV during weekends and whenever he's behaving like a good kid.

"Mummy will go out first okay?" Stephanie said. Zachary nodded his head but his eyes never left the TV.

"Nanny, I will go out now" Stephanie called out.

"What about your dinner?" Nanny Kim asked.

"Just keep it there and I will eat it when I get back"

Stephanie started her car and drove to the nearest supermarket.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
At Horvejkul Residence:

The whole family were eating their dinner silently. Rose looked at Nichkhun as she felt a little disappointed when the doctor said she wasn't pregnant. She really hope she could give a son to her husband.

"Daddy, I want to eat ice cream. Can we go buy it later?" Chloe broke the silence. Nichkhun looked up from his plate and smiled at his daughter. 

"Sure Chloe. I will drive you there after you finish your food"

Rose sighed for the nth time. Nichkhun didn't talk to her after they visited the doctor earlier. Is he angry that she ruined her meeting or is he disappointed that she's not pregnant?

"I'm done daddy" Chloe got up.

"Okay, wait for daddy in the living room" he said. Chloe obeyed.

"Nich, can we-" she didn't get to finish her sentence.

"I'm going out with Chloe. Do you need anything?" He asked coldly without looking at Rose.

"....nothing" she sighed. Nichkhun left Rose and headed towards the front door.

"Chloe, let's go" he hollered. The little girl ran excitedly towards her father. Rose approached them and kissed their cheeks.

Chloe kissed her back but Nichkhun stood emotionless. He carried Chloe and both of them left a really disappointed Rose.

"Am I doing the right

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter