Don't even think about it!

Last Gift.

A/N: I'm really sorry for the incovenience. I didn't know about what happened with the server (thank you so much to 4ever9 for helping me out with that part), so I had no idea what to do. I tried to recover the last chapter with by any possible means, but to no avail. :( So the best I can do right now is to re-write the chapter differently. *sigh*


"WHAT?!" I literally screeched. I'm surprised the driver wasn't shocked or anything. "You're kidding, right?" 

He shook his head and grinned. "Nope." 

"But Yoogeun--What time is it?"

Onew glanced at his watch and turned to me. "Two." 

"Yoogeun needs to be picked up and--"

"I already picked him up from school. I brought him to umma and asked her is she could take care of him first while we're away." He said looking satisfied with what he'd done. 

I frowned. "You disturbed mother-in-law?"

"Nah," He said, looking out the window. "She actually liked the idea of the two of us going on a vacation. Especially when I told her where we were going. And she said she wanted to spend more time with her grandson." He then turned to me and smiled genuinely.

I looked away as I did not want to fall for that smile. "Still, you didn't tell me." 

"It's meant to be a surprise, you know." He chuckled.

"Yeah, whatever." I muttered and looked outside the window. I yawned and leaned backwards. 

"You're sleepy," He said. Clearly pointing out the obvious. "You should rest first. I'll wake you up when we get there."

"No, I'm--" He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him. My face landed on his chest, and he wrapped his arms around me. I opened my mouth to protest, when I unintentionally inhaled the scent of his clothes -- his perfume, which I haven't smelled for so long. The warmth of his embrace made fighting back hard, and like having a mind of its own, my eyelids started to close, along with my mouth. Instantly, I drifted off to sleep. 

I woke up to the sound of Onew's soft voice, "Sica," He whispered. "Sica, wake up." 

I fluttered my eyelids open, looking around, and seeing Onew's face right in front of mine. It took me a minute to realize that I was still in his arms, hugging him close, my face buried in his chest. I pushed him away and yawned again.

"We're here." He said and got out the car. I looked around. A beach? We're having a vacation here? What, right before winter? That's just great. My husband's going to freeze me to death.. and then probably run off with that Luna or whoever she said she was.

I got out the car, only to be greeted by a strong gush of wind and a.. helicopter? 

Onew thanked the driver and took our luggage and put in inside the helicopter. He then walked towards me, "Let's go?" He said.

I just made a small nod and walked towards it, trying my best not fall as my body fought the blasts of air the helicopter was sending towards my direction. Someone grabbed my arm -- Onew, and helped my climb up. 

He climbed up shortly after I did, and when everything was set, the copter took off. 

"How many hours 'til we get there?" I asked, looking outside.

"Less than one." He said. 

I nodded. "Okay." 

"Are you still mad at me?" He asked.

"I'll take a nap first. Wake me up when were there." I said and turned my back on him, closing my eyes and leaning on the seat until I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up on my own, surprised to see that the helicopter was already landing. "Oh, I was just about to wake you up." Onew said when he saw me stretching. 

"Where's my bag?" I asked, looking around. 

"I put it away," He said. "You tend to think about work when you have your phone."

"What?" I exclaimed. "Give me back my phone." 

"No." He simply said.

"Give it." I hissed.

"Later." He smiled and got out the helicopter. He stood there, waiting for me. "I can get down on my own." I rolled my eyes.

I jumped off and stumbled, but Onew caught me in his arms. I looked up, seeing him smile at me yet again. Why does he keep on smiling a lot lately? It's pissing me off.

I stood straight and cleared my throat. Looking around, I noticed a rest house? A resort? Twenty feet away from us. I wasn't sure what is was, and was about to ask Onew when passed by me, carrying all of our things. "Let's go." He said as he passed by. I followed behind him, not saying anything.

As soon as we were in front of the gate, it opened and a small, old woman came out. 

Onew immediately dropped everything he was holding and hugged her. "Grandmother," He happy said, "I missed you."

"I missed you too, Jinki." She said lovingly, like any grandmother would do. She broke the hug and cupped Onew's face, "Aigoo, you've grown to be such a wonderful and handsome man. The last time I saw you was.. when? Ten? Fifteen years ago? You were so small and young, but now.. Look at you. My little boy is all grown up." She exclaimed, a tear almost escaping her eye.

Onew simply chuckled. "I'm sorry I couldn't visit, grandmother." He said, and turned to me. "Grandmother, this is Jessica." He said, reaching out to me.

I reluctantly approached them and bowed as a sign of respect. "Annyeonghaseyo," I greeted. "I'm--"

"She's my wife." Onew happily finished, wrapping one arm around me and pulling me closer to him. 

"I was going to say my name," I muttered under my breath.

Clearly, though, Onew's grandmother didn't hear me as she opened her arms and embraced me gently. "I'm very happy to meet you." She said. She looked at me and then smiled. She doesn't look anything like Onew. Or like Mother-in-law. Or father-in-law. But I just shrugged it off.

"Let's all get inside, you might be tired from the journey." She said and shouted something. Suddenly, a guy came out and carried all our luggage inside. Grandmother walked in, I followed and Onew after me.

I had to stop myself from gasping. It's so beautiful in here -- we were definitely in a resort. But is this Onew's? How come I've never known about this?

"Hot spring right there," Onew pointed to the steaming body of water with rose petals floating above it. "And a pool behind the house."

A woman, about five feet tall, approached us. "This way to your room," She said and walked ahead of us.

Our room was perfect. It was simple yet elegant. The furniture was made of wood, but everything else was modern. The bed was neatly made, and beside it was a small table where a vase of white roses beautifully decorated lies on top of it. A glass door stood a the corner, curtains gracefully dancing beside it. 

"If you need anything else, please feel free to tell me." The woman said. I thanked her and she left after bowing. I walked towards the glass door, carefully sliding it open, and a cold breeze entered the room. I looked outside, watching the sun set and its reflection on the ocean. 

"You like it here so far?" Someone asks from behind me. Onew.

I turned around. "Was that your grandmother? How come I never knew her? I've never seen her too."

Onew approached the roses, lowering himself and carefulle sniffing them. "We're not really related.." He exlpains. "She takes care of everything in here. More of like a caretaker.. But she was with our family eversince I could remember. She took care of dad when he was younger, and took care of me too."

I nodded. "Oh, okay. And where are we?" 

"This is our family rest house. I used to come here often when I was little." 

"And you've never told me any of this because?" 

He sighs and stands up. "Sica, are we going to start this again?"

"Start what?" I counter. "I'm just asking."

He opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off when someone knocks on the door. Grandmother peeks. "I was wondering if the both of you are hungry? I could ask them to cook dinner for you if you want." 

"I'm okay, grandmother." I say calmly. "I think I might take a bath and head off to sleep. I'm really tired.." 

She nods. "Okay." And closes the door. 

I started heading for the bathroom when Onew called my name. "I'm taking a bath, Lee Jinki. If you're going to continue talking, you might as well join me in the bathroom," I said sarcastically.

"That would be my pleasure." He answers. I'm pretty sure that if I turn around now, I would see him smirking or whatever. 

I did, and I was right. He started walking towards the bathroom when I threw a pillow at him. "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT." I hissed and walked inside, slammed the door shut and started stripping to take a nice, warm bath.