Vacation: day 1

Last Gift.

"Psst~" My eyes shot open. I stared into blank space for a while before blinking twice. I looked to my left and saw Onew grinning. I groaned and turned away. 

"What?" I asked, still sleepy.

"We're here~!" He sang and opened his door. I yawned and stretched before looking outside. 

I furrowed my eyebrows and got out. "Where are we?" I asked, looking around.

"Our beach house." Onew smiled and took out our stuff from the car. "And I mean our."

I raised an eyebrow, I didn't actually get what he meant by that, but I shrugged it off. "How many more houses are you hiding from me?" 

He chuckled. "Let's go." He said and closed the door. I closed mine too, and followed him. 

The house was just beautiful. Marble floor, wooden chairs, glass windows made you see the wonderful scenery outside, and to be honest, it took my breath away. 

"Mom and dad gave it to us as a wedding gift." Onew said as he put down our stuff. 

"WHAT?" I exclaimed. "AND YOU SHOW ME THIS AFTER FIVE YEARS?" I said, hitting his arm.

"I'm sorry!" He said, rubbing his arm. "I only wanted to surprise you.." 

"Whatever." I hissed and left him, heading upstairs where the bedroom is (most probably). 

I gasped as soon as I opened the door. Even our bedroom has glass windows. I walked towards it and stared outside. The beach was beauiful indeed -- the waves were calm, and the water reflected the sunlight. 

I almost jumped when I felt arms wrap around me. "I'm sorry.." Onew whispered, resting his chin on the crook of my neck. "I promise, I only wanted to surprise you.."

I sighed. "You know how I feel about this.." I answered.

"I know.. And I'm sorry.." He said and turned me around to face him. He cupped my face and stared into my eyes. Those eyes.. So painfully beautiful. Staring at them, I felt like all my hatred and anger disappeared. "I'll make it up to you, I promise." He said and kissed my lips.

I have already forgotten how soft his lips are, and I haven't realized how much I've missed it until he pulled away.  He smiled at me and held my hand. "Let's go," He said and pulled me along.

We ate lunch first before leaving the house. We walked near the shores, so I had to remove my slippers, Onew held it for me, using his left hand, while holding my hand with his other. 

The breeze was cold, but not freezing, perhaps since it's in the afternoon. Onew started telling stories about his past. Like how he promised grandmother to bring the woman he marries to their resthouse. 

He even promised grandmother to bring all his children there when the time comes. 

"And you wanted to have ten children?" I chuckled.

He nodded. "Of course!"

I glared at him. "When you're the one to give birth, then fine. And besides, you're spoiling Yoogeun so much!" 

"I do not!" He defended. "That's why we should have another little Jinki soon." 

"What, so you could spoil another one?" I retorted. "No, no more little Jinkis for you." 

He stopped walking and looked at me. "What?" I asked, looking back at him. The idiot was pouting! I pushed his forehead with my index finger. "Aigoo, too bad your aegyo doesn't work on me." I said and continued walking, leaving him behind.

"Y-yah! Sica wait for me!" He shouted from behind and ran after me. 

.........

When it finally got darker, I decided to take a bath first. When I got out the bedroom, Onew said that the both of us will have dinner outside. I raised an eyebrow. "Outside?" I asked.

"What, never heard of grilling before?" He asked.

OH. Grilling. I just nodded and followed him outside to see that the griller had already been set up. There was a blanket was lying on the floor, about five feet away from the griller. There had already been various dishes, except for the huge plate of beef ribs beside the griller.

I watched as Onew grilled. The smell of the food made my stomach grumble. I rubbed it as Onew chuckled. "Here," He said, picking up a piece of meat and blowing it before offering it to me. I opened my mouth and he fed me the piece of meat. 

"Mmm, it's really tasty!" I said as I chewed. 

"Is it?" He asked, smiling. He picked up a piece and placed it inside his mouth. He started to chew and nodded.

When he finally finished grilling, we started eating dinner and set everything aside. We stared at the beach, the waves were getting stronger. 

"Yah," I called out. 

"Hm?" He answered, looking at me.

"T-thanks." I muttered. I looked down and played with the blanket. 

He simply chuckled. "Anything for you." He said and held my hand. I looked at him and smiled. He smiled back. "Does that mean I'm forgiven now?" He grinned.

I was about to say yes, but then I remembered something. "Not yet," I answered.

He frowned. "Why? What do I have to do for you to forgive me?"

I hesitated, but I figured that this might be the only time I get to ask for this. "Tell me everything about you and Luna." 

He was shocked, and I felt his grip on my hand loosen.