Lunch time.

Last Gift.

“Come on, Jjong. Tell me~” I rested my elbow on the table and gave him the best grin I could.

Jonghyun simply raised an eyebrow as he reached for his Café Latte. “Jessica Jung, that never worked on me. You know that, right?”

I pouted. He was right. My aegyo never worked on him. Neither did my grins or anything I tried to do to get what I want. But maybe that’s why he’s my best friend; because while everyone pretends to like me and everything I do, there’s Kim Jonghyun who tells me if I’m going too far, or who could tell me how cringe-worthy my aegyo is.

“Aish, fine.” I stuck my tongue out and grabbed my drink, immediately pressing the straw in between my lips as I drank from it.

Jonghyun put his drink back on the table and laid back, folding his arms across his chest. “I thought you guys were okay already?”

I nodded. “We are.”

“Then why are you still asking me this? I told you before—if anyone should tell you who Sunyoung is, that should be Jinki. I don’t think it would be right if it came from me.”

Sometimes—okay fine, most of the time, Jonghyun has a point. And to be honest, I hate how he’s always right. I wonder if this man has ever done anything wrong in his entire life.

I stood up and grabbed my bag, earning a stare from Jonghyun. “It’s almost lunchtime.” I stated. He raised an eyebrow again, as if trying to figure out what I meant by that. “Could you drop me off at Onew’s office? I wanna surprise him with this lunchbox I made.” I smiled hopefully, batting my eyelashes for an extra effect.

“You didn’t bring your car?” He asked as he stood up and brought his wallet out to pay for our drinks.

I pursed my lips and shook my head.

“Okay.”

 

“Thanks,” I grinned as I hopped out of Jonghyun’s passenger seat. “Even though you never really told me what I wanted to know.”

He rolled his eyes and chuckled. “You’re welcome.”

I slung my bag over my shoulder and tightened my grip on the paper bags. “I’ll see you soon, neh?”

Jonghyun wore his sunglasses and nodded, facing me before doing a very quick salute. “Just send me a message if you need anything. Anything that doesn’t include Sunyoung or your husband’s past life, that is.”

I pouted and straightened up. “Arasseo. Bye, Jjong!” I pushed the door close and took a few steps backwards, waving as he drove off. I sighed with a smile, thankful to have a best friend like Jonghyun.

The security guards bowed as they greeted me; I smiled and nodded to acknowledge them. Humming a song as I hopped in the elevator, I tapped my foot and waited for the elevator doors to open as it arrived on the floor where Onew’s office was. When it finally did, I bit my lip and smiled, looking around. “Hm? Why isn’t anyone here?” I blinked and remembered that it was lunch time so everyone was probably out to eat.

“Oh, Madam!” Onew’s secretary bowed when she saw me.

“Hi.” I grinned. “Is Mr. Lee in?”

“Yes,” she nodded. “But he’s with a visitor.”

I blinked and stared at the wall clock behind her. “Visitor? During lunch time?”

She nodded again. “She didn’t want me to tell the president that she was going in his office, so I think they might be good friends, Madam.”

I blinked again. I wasn’t feeling good about this.

“Should I call in and tell him that you’re here?”

“No, no.” I put on the brightest smile I could and lifted the paper bags. “I want to surprise him, you see.”

She sat down and nodded slowly. “I understand, Madam.”

“Thanks.” I smiled and with careful (and quiet) steps, made my way towards Onew’s office. I clutched my chest with my free hand; I really wasn’t liking the feeling I’m starting to have. When I was finally there, I pushed the door open and looked around—nothing.

There was nothing; no one.

I sighed and tucked a loose strand of my hair behind my ear. “Stop overthinking, Sooyeon.” I walked over to the table to put the paper bags there. Maybe he really was with a friend. I turned around to leave when the corner of my eye caught something.

Something that sent me running out of Onew’s office; out of the building.


Onew’s POV

I rubbed my temples and stared out the glass windows when I heard a soft knock, following by the entrance of my secretary.

“President, these documents need to be signed.” She said as she put down a several folders in front of me. I smiled a little and nodded.

“Thank you.”

“Oh, by the way, President. Did you meet Madam?”

I looked up at her and stared, clearly confused. “My wife?”

She nodded. “The madam came here during lunchtime. She said she was going to surprise you. But after a few minutes, she left and wouldn’t even look back when I was calling her.”

Lunchtime?

I glanced around and saw two paper bags resting on top of the table. This made me jump up from my seat and grab my phone, dialing Jessica’s number almost instantly. To my dismay, though, her phone was turned off.

“I’ll sign these later, okay? I’ll be back.” I hurriedly grabbed my coat and ran out of the office.

Jessica, I hope you didn’t misunderstand.

--

a/n: BONUS, ONEW'S POV! \o/ Btw guys I'm sorry. I know I promised I'd post this two days ago, but I got sick and I really couldn't move. I'm actually still sick but I didn't want you guys to think that I was just keeping your hopes up. ;n; I hope you enjoyed this~