Missing Necklace

Last Gift.

She ran towards Onew’s parents and hugged them. Father-in-law looked like he was shocked or something but mother-in-law had this unnerving look on her face.

My lips trembled slightly because she’s acting as if she was Onew’s long-lost wife or something.

I cleared my throat and she looked at me with an unreadable expression on her face. Our eyes met and I refused to look away until this woman gets my message.

Onew might have noticed the tension because he suddenly called Luna so she looked away from me. I rolled my eyes.

“What are you doing here?” Onew asked in a polite way.

“I remembered that it was father’s—“

“Are you talking about Jinki’s father?” I cut her off, smiling as I rested my chin on my hand. “Because the last time I checked, the both of you aren’t connected in any way.”

Luna raised an eyebrow and exhaled sharply. “Oh, you’re right. I’m sorry,” She bowed towards Onew’s parents ‘apologetically’ and pretended to smile towards me. “Anyway,” She turned back to Onew. “I remembered it was your father’s birthday and he loved eating in this restaurant so I dropped by and saw you.”

“How original,” I muttered and leaned back on my chair as I closed my eyes.

“W-well then would you like to join us, Sunyoung?” Father-in-law spoke.

I looked at him and then at mother-in-law who seemed just as pissed off as I am—probably even more.

“But there aren’t any seats—“

“No,” I interrupted and straightened up. “Oppa’s not coming for dinner anyway. Let her have his seat.”

Onew’s eyes widened. He stared at me and I stared back. “What are you doing?” He mouthed.

I rolled my eyes and turned to Luna. “You can go sit at that chair,” I pointed out.

Onew sighed and sat down beside me again as Luna happily walked to her seat. She sat down and gasped when she saw Yoogeun. “Oh! Annyeong~!” She greeted (fakely).

Yoogeun blinked twice at her, and Luna poked her cheek with her tongue, probably from irritation.

“Yoogeun-ah, learn to greet older people properly,” Father-in-law lectured.

Yoogeun turned to him and pouted. “But grandfather, when I met her before and I greeted her very politely, she just stared at me..” He explained. “She even rolled her eyes.”

Onew’s gaped at Yoogeun and I swear I could see Luna’s right eye twitching. “Yoogeun-ah,” I called softly. “Greet your father’s friend.” I said, emphasizing the word ‘friend.’

Yoogeun nodded. “Neh, eomma.” He turned to Luna and greeted her properly. Luna smiled and fixed her clothes before straightening up and facing Onew.

We continued eating again and well—talking about Luna’s life. I rolled my eyes for the nth time because honestly, who’s interested in hearing about how she got accepted into whatever company that is and how easy training was for her?

Well definitely not me.

I huffed and crossed my arms as I stared at her. She was her hair was tucked behind her brown hair and I noticed these pretty golden earrings shaped like a flower with a small gem in the middle.

It’s too pretty to be worn by someone like her.

My eyes then trailed down to her hands and noticed the ring which had the exact same design as her earrings. My eyebrows furrowed slightly. So it’s a jewelry set?

But if that’s the case.. Then—my eyes landed on her neck. Why isn’t there a necklace? Nor is there a bracelet on her wrist.

She’s so weird, I thought. I just shrugged it off.

“I’m here—“ Yunho oppa stopped in his tracks upon seeing the unfamiliar girl sitting beside Yoogeun. I looked up and smiled. He bowed to Onew’s parents before turning to me.

“Oh, hello oppa.” I stood up and hugged him before smacking his arm lightly. “Where’d you buy this? This is the first time I’ve seen it.” I said, eyeing the coat he was wearing.

He raised an eyebrow. “Well, I need to look good for a family picture, don’t I?” He chuckled and his eyes trailed towards Luna. “I’m sorry, I haven’t seen you before. I’m Jung Yunho,” He extended an arm and Luna reluctantly shook it. (I swear I almost slapped her because of that)

“Park Sunyoung,” She said lifelessly.

Yunho-oppa’s eyes widened before turning to me. I shrugged and nodded to answer his question before he even opened his mouth to speak.


“Are you sure you’re going to be fine?” Mother-in-law asked Yunho oppa as she walked us to their gate.

“Neh,” Yunho nodded. “Thank you very much.” He bowed. He turned to me and hugged me. “We need to talk.” He whispered and ruffled my hair before hopping inside his car.

Mother-in-law waved goodbye after thanking him and he drove off.

I sighed and turned to mother-in-law. “We’ll be off then, mother-in-law,” I bowed. She took my hand and held it tight. “Jessica, I’m really glad to have you as my daughter-in-law.”

She pulled me into a hug. I smiled and hugged her back. “Me too, mother.”

She pulled away and hugged Onew and Yoogeun. “You better go home now. It’s getting late. I’ll give you a copy of the family portrait.”

Onew bowed and let Yoogeun enter the car before doing the same. I bowed one last time before entering the car.

Onew started the engine end put on his seatbelt. “Yoogeun-ah, seatbelt,” I turned around and checked on Yoogeun while putting my own seatbelt. “Done, appa!” Yoogeun shouted happily and Onew smiled. “Okay!”

He drove off.

As I pulled my phone out from my bag, I dropped it and it slid from my legs to the side of my chair. I groaned before lowering down to look for my phone. I ran my fingers through the side of the door up to the floor, biting my lips as I knitted my eyebrows in full concentration.

To my surprise, I felt something but it definitely wasn’t my phone.

I laced it around my fingers and brought it up only to see a golden necklace with golden flower-shaped pendant and a small gem embroidered on its center.

I blinked twice before realizing that it had the same design as Luna’s earrings and ring.

Is this why she wasn’t wearing a necklace?

But.. What exactly is this doing in Onew’s car?