The most beautiful woman in the world.

Last Gift.

“Sica?” Onew called out as he poked his head inside Yoogeun’s room.

I brought up my finger in front of my lips before slowly pulling Yoogeun’s blanket up. I kissed his forehead, carefully got off his bed and walked towards Onew.

“I let him fall asleep first,” I said as I closed the door. “He and oppa played non-stop while you were gone.

He nodded. “Hyung left already?”

“Uh-huh,” I answered as I walked towards our bedroom. “Just about an hour ago.”

I entered the room and sat on the bed, checking my phone for messages. Onew trailed behind me and closed the door before heading towards the bathroom.

“Jinki,” I called out as I stared at his hands. “Where’s the jacket?”

“Huh?” Onew asked, turning around. I raised my eyebrow and pointed at his hand. “You were carrying a jacket with you earlier before you left. Where’d it go?”

“Oh,” Onew answered and walked inside the bathroom. “I uh, let my friend borrow it.”

I put down my phone and crossed my legs. “And who is this ‘friend’?”

I’m not usually this inquisitive, and I trust Onew—I really do, but something’s just not right. My intuition is telling me that Onew is hiding something—and I need to find out what it is.

“Ah well you never really got to know him. I’ve never introduced the two of you before,” He answered.

“What happened to him? Why’d he call you and what did he need the jacket for?”

It took him a good thirty seconds to answer. “He got lost. I let him borrow my jacket since he was cold and I forgot to take it back—I’m going to take a shower first.” He said and closed the door.

I sighed and stretched my legs. I looked around and saw his phone resting on top of the bed. I stared at it, thinking if I should check his messages or his call history.

“One look wouldn’t be bad, right?” I whispered to myself.

I reached out my hand to get the phone but retracted my arm. “This is wrong,” I muttered to myself as I shook my head. I crawled on top of the bed and lied rested my head on the soft pillow, burying my face under the blankets.

Why is this bothering me so much? And what’s this certain feeling in my chest?

I shook my head. “He would never hide anything from you,” I convinced myself.

But he already hid things from me, didn’t he? And he did, because of that Luna. What if she’s involved in this situation again?

“Ugh,” I closed my eyes, feeling frustrated. “You’re over-thinking, Jessica. Go ahead and get sleep.”

I closed my eyes for a few minutes, hearing on the sound of the shower and Onew’s barely audible humming before opening them again. I decided to pull out my iPad from the drawers and check my schedule.

The bathroom door opened as I lazily brushed my finger on the screen. “Dinner tomorrow, need to get report done, write English letter for oppa, Yoogeun’s soccer game,” I mumbled and sighed. “Well at least it isn’t that hectic.”

Onew sat on the edge of our bed—right beside me, so I moved slightly to give him space. I did not, however, look at him or put the iPad down. From the corner of my eyes, I can see him staring at me, not saying anything.

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him. “What?” I asked, before focusing on my iPad again.

The way he’s staring at me is kind of creeping me out to be quite honest. “Do you uh.. Want me to move more? So you could lie down?”

He still did not say anything.

Instead, he slowly grabbed my iPad. I stared at him in confusion as he put it on top of the table beside our bed—just beside the lamp. “Hey, I was reading,” I said, reaching out for my iPad, but Onew grabbed my hands and held them tight. I wrinkled my eyebrows. “What,” I said as I tried to move again “Are you doing?”

He smiled at me before leaning in for a kiss. I kissed back, of course, and he pulled away, still not letting go of my hand. “Can I get my iPad now?” I asked.

He leaned in again for another kiss. This time, he let go of my hand and climbed up the bed, on top of me. My eyes widened in the middle of the kiss as I realized what was happening. “What are you doing?!” I pulled away from this kiss and squealed under the blankets.

Onew chuckled and pulled the blanket down. “I love you,” He whispered.

“I love you too,” I answered. “Now can you get off me?” I whined, slightly pouting.

He leaned forward, his hands on either side of my head. From here I could see his slightly damp hair, the way he looked at me—is it wrong for me to say how damn y my husband is? Plus he the smell of his shampoo and aftershave, it’s driving me nuts.

“Onew~” I whined.

He narrowed his already-small-eyes. “I prefer Jinki,” He said, leaning towards me for another kiss. I covered my mouth with my hand.

“That’s why I used it,” I teased and tried to push him off.

“Honey, you know that’s not going to work,” He chuckled and removed my hand from my mouth, kissing me again. One of his hands slowly moved from the side of my head to different parts of my body and I don’t really care.

All I know is that I gave in.


“Aigoo, my son’s really handsome,” I smiled at Yoogeun as I fixed his bowtie.

“How about me?” Onew grinned happily beside me. I stood up and pretended to glare at him. “No, you’re ugly.” Onew pouted.

“My eomma’s really beautiful as well!” Yoogeun exclaimed, smiling at me.

I couldn’t help but smile back. “Thank you, baby.” I said, slightly pinching his cheeks.

“He’s right,” Onew said as he wrapped an arm around me. “The most beautiful woman in the world.”

I chuckled. “Oh really now?” I held Yoogeun’s hand and walked in the restaurant. Onew led the way. I saw mother-in-law and father-in-law. Onew walked towards them and kissed them. Yoogeun ran after his dad, greeting his grandparents as well.

“Happy birthday, appa,” I kissed father-in-law’s cheek and hugged mother-in-law before settling down on my seat.

“Jessica, where’s Yunho?” Mother-in-law asked.

“Oh, well he called awhile ago, saying he had an urgent meeting to attend to,” I explained. “He says he might not be able to make it for dinner, but he will probably be there for the picture-taking.”

Mother-in-law nodded. “That’s a pity. But oh well, as long as he can make it for the family picture.”

“Shall we start eating now?” Onew asked happily.

The waiters started serving dinner—Yoogeun sat in between of mother-in-law and father-in-law, while Onew and I sat beside each other. The empty seat beside Onew was supposedly for Yunho-oppa.

We started eating, and talking. Yoogeun proudly shared they were doing at school. We all smiled everytime he said he was able to score a goal, and that their coach congratulated him.

Onew squeezed my hand, smiling at me. “I’m so proud of him,” He whispered.

“I am too,” I smiled.

“Oh, Onew-oppa!” My head immediately turned towards the sound of that voice. Onew stood up, suddenly letting go of my hand. “Mother, annyeonghaseyo! Father, annyeonghaseyo!”

“L-Luna, what are you doing here?” Onew asked, clearly surprised with her sudden appearance.