Yoogeun's favorite samchon(s).

Last Gift.

"How's Yoogeun?" Jonghyun asked as we entered the village. The playground isn't that far from our house, it's a walking distance, but because I haven't walked this much in a while, I was starting to feel tired. Jonghyun, on the other hand, who has been working  out his whole life, seemed perfectly fine.

"He's fine. He's already going to school." I answered.

"I haven't seen him for a long time," Jonghyun exclaimed. "I'm sure he's grown up to be handsome and smart boy." 

I smiled. "Of course. He's actually doing pretty good in school. I thought it would be hard for him to study two languages, but he's doing well."

Jonghyun looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "Two languages?" 

I nodded. "I've decided to send him to a school which teaches him Korea and English," I answered. "It might come in pretty handy someday." 

Jonghyun shrugged. "As long as he's not having a hard time."

We stopped in front of our house. I rang the doorbell, and after five minutes or so, Yoogeun opened the door. "Eomma!" He exclaimed happily and ran outside to give me a hug. I happly hugged him back and carried him, making him face Jonghyun.

"Guess who's here." I said.

"SAMCHON!" Yoogeun exclaimed happier. Jonghyun opened his arms with a huge smile on his face.

"Annyeong, Yoogeun-ah!" He cooed and carried him. "How have you been?" 

"Yoogeun," Someone said from inside the house. "Who's there?" 

"Oppa!" I shouted and peeked inside the gate. "You're still here?" I asked, surprised to see Yunho oppa open the door and get outside. 

"Oh, you just got home?" He asked. "Onew's inside, doing the dishes." 

It's not like I care. 

"Oh, Jonghyun-ah! Long time no see," Oppa exclaimed. "How are you?" 

"Annyeonghaseyo, hyung!" Jonghyun greeted ang slightly bowed. "I just came to drop Sica off and say hi to Yoogeun," He said. "I should go home now." He put down Yoogeun and waved goodbye.

Yunho oppa raised an eyebrow at me and chuckled while he shook his head. "Aigoo, Sica," He exclaimed. "I should've known better.." 

Jonghyun looked confused and looked at oppa and then at me. "N-neh?"

Oppa shook his head. "Nothing, nothing." He smiled. He turned to me, "I'm just waiting for the car to arrive. The driver said he's already near the village," And then he turned to Jonghyun, "Jonghyun-ah, I'll take you home. It's already night time." 

Jonghyun shook his head politely. "Aniyo, hyung. I'm going to walk my way home," He said. "I'll be fine."

"I insist," Yunho oppa answered. "And we need to talk about something important too."

Jonghyun sighed and reluctantly answered. "Okay, hyung." 

And just in time, the car came to a screeching halt in front of us (and our gate). Driver Kim got out and opened the door for Yunho oppa. "I--We'll be off then, Sica," Oppa said. He turned to Yoogeun and hugged him tight. "I'll see you soon!" 

Jonghyun did the same to Yoogeun and smiled at me, which seemed like a half-hearted smile, if you ask me. He waved goodbye and got inside the car after oppa. Driver Kim closed the door and got inside the car, and drove off. I waved goodbye with a smile, with Yoogeun happily shouting "Annyeong, Yunho samchon! Annyeong, Jonghyun samchon!" beside me.

When they were finally gone, I sighed and got inside the house with Yoogeun. I removed my shoes and wore slippers before going inside. 

"Yoogeun-ah," I heard Onew exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and moved faster to get upstairs -- but not fast enough. 

"Oh, you're home already?" Onew asked, approaching me. "Are you hungry? There's still food--"

"No." I answered and hurried upstairs.

"Yoogeun, can you go upstairs first?" Onew asked, smiling at Yoogeun. 

"No, I'll go with him." I firmly answered.

Onew let out a sigh. "Sica--"

"Just stop," I hissed. "Okay? I'm tired, and I want to rest." 

"Eomma," Yoogeun suddenly pulled my coat. "How come you didn't invite Jonghyun samchon in here? I wanted to play with him.."

"He's busy, baby. He promised to come back next time." I answered.

Onew furrowed his eyebrows. "Jonghyun was here?" 

"Outside." I answered. Without any more words, I turned my back against him and walked upstairs with Yoogeun. I told him to get ready to sleep and made my way back to my bedroom. I threw myself on my bed and exhaled loudly. 

I heard the door open and my eyes instantly shot open as I got up. 

"Sica, can you please tell me what's wrong?" Onew asked. His voice wasn't demanding, it was more of pleading. Soft and gentle. 

"I don't know," I shrugged. "You tell me." I got to the closet and brought out a nice pair of pajamas. "I'm going change clothes. If you're going to sleep, go ahead." I said and got inside the bathroom to freshen up before changing.

..................

I let my hair down, patting my face with a towel and sighed. That feels a lot better. I leaned towards the sink, thinking about what Jonghyun said.

"Luna.. Ran away."

What did she run away from? And why?

I shook my head. "Now's not a good time to think about this. I still have work to do tomorrow."

I got outside the bathroom and to my surprise, the bedroom lights were already turned off -- except of the bedside lamp of course.

I seriously wonder how much longer I would be able to keep up with this 'ignoring Onew' thing. It's hard, really hard. I decided to check on Yoogeun first. He was already asleep. His comforter was wrapped around him, and he was hugging his favorite teddy bear. With a small smile on my face, I walked towards him and fixed his comforter so that it would also keep his feet warm. I kissed his forehead and turned off the bedroom lights, leaving him sleep peacefully.

I finally got back to our room and sat on the bed. I lied down and wrapped the blankets around me. Luckily (or not), Onew's back was facing me, and I'm pretty sure he's already asleep. I closed my eyes and prepared to sleep myself, until I heard a creaking sound. Onew was shifting his position.

I made my back face him, and that's when I felt his arms wrap around my body. "Sica.." I heard him whisper.

So he wasn't sleeping. He simply waited for me to lay beside him.