Surprise!

Last Gift.

"Jinki, I'm going to sleep." I said and grabbed his hand to remove it from my waist. 

But he refused to do so. He hugged me tighter, and pulled my closer to him. "No, not until we talk about this." He said firmly.

"Can't we just talk about this some other time? I--We have work tomorrow. I have to wake up early and I'm tired." 

"Why were you with Jonghyun?" He asked.

"None of your business. Now get your hands off me before I get pissed off."

"Answer my question first." 

"You haven't answered any of my questions. So why should I?" 

He sighed. "It's a different story." 

"Ha," I scoffed. "Of course it is."

"Jessica please--"

"Okay, that's it." I hissed. His grip had loosened up already so I managed to remove his arm and stand up from our bed. He looked at me, both confused and surprised.

"I. Need. Sleep." I said as I slipped my feet into my bedroom slippers. "And if you're going to go whine about Jonghyun or whatever, then do it on your own, okay? I'm sleeping in the guest bedroom." 

He started getting up from the bed to I immediately ran towards the bedroom door, opened it and slammed it shut. I almost slipped as I ran past Yoogeun's bedroom and towards the guest bedroom. I already heard our bedroom door open, but luckily, I was already inside the guest bedroom. 

"Sica!" Onew shouted so I slammed it close, locked it and took three steps backwards. 

Three.. Two.. One..

"Sica, open the door." I heard Onew knoch.

"No." I firmly said. "I've no time to talk to liars."

"Could you please stop acting like a kid?" He groaned.

That pissed me off.

I opened the door, and saw him looking at me with wide eyes. He wasn't expecting that, was he? I bet he isn't expecting this either. 

With full force, I raised my arm and slapped him -- hard -- on the his cheek.

So hard that he was now facing his side. He slowly held his cheek, and slowly turned his head towards me. He opened his mouth to say anything, but nothing came out.

"That," I said. "Was for everything. You have no idea how hurt I am right now, do you?" I asked. My vision was starting to blur, meaning I was on the verge of crying.

"All I wanted," I wiped the tear that escaped from my left eye. "Was to know the truth. I just wanted to know who she was, why things didn't work out, and why you married me when.. When you were supposed to marry her. Why can't you tell me these, huh, Jinki? Why must you be so secretive? Are you hiding something from me? Don't I have any right to know anything here? Why can't you just tell me everything? What are you so afraid of?"

"Sica--"

"Do you still love her?" I cut him off.

"Huh? Wh--Jessica, listen to me."

"THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!" I almost shouted. "YOU CAN'T ANSWER ANYTHING I ASK YOU. WHY, LEE JINKI, WHY?! WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM ME?" I cried hysterically. 

He slowly put his hand down. "Sica, I.." He whispered. "I'm sorry.. I'm so, so, sorry.." 

I stared at him, and took a few steps backwards. "No, I'm sorry." I choked out. "Because I won't be able to accept your apology. Not right now." 

And then I closed the door, locking it again. I stood there for three seconds before collapsing on the floor. I was now crying so, so hard -- bawling my eyes out, literally. I felt so weak, but my tears just kept on falling, one right after the other. Maybe because I was releasing all the stress I've been keeping inside me all this time? I don't really care. I just wanted to feel better, and if crying all night would be the solution, then so be it.

------------------------

"Good morning, Vice-President." The guard greeted as I entered the company. I bowed slightly and faked a smile, but continued walking. 

I'm usually polite when it comes to these things, but with headache, lack of sleep and swollen eyes? I don't think so.

"Good morning, Vice-President." My secretary stood up and bowed. I smiled at her, too, and walked inside my office. I put my bag on my table and sat down with a loud sigh. 

I removed my glasses reluctantly and looked at the mirror. "It's.. getting better.. I think." I whispered. "Nothing make-up couldn't fix."

The secretary knocked and I straightened up. She was holding a cup of coffee on her right hand and some folders on her left. 

"Thanks," I said as she handed the folder and put the cup of coffee down. "I needed that." I said, referring to the coffee.

"The president asked you to review these papers and make a report on what you think. He said he needed it before lunch." 

"Lunch?!" I exclaimed, almost spitting out the coffee I had just drunk. "You mean, lunch, today?" 

She nodded.

"What?! Is he crazy?" I said and opened one of the folders. I scanned it, and looked at the other five. "What time is it?" I asked.

She glanced at her wristwatch. "Nine A.M."

I groaned. I have about three hours to work on six papers. Great. "Okay, thanks." I said and took another sip before opening my laptop to start working. 

Everything went by normally. I sometimes looked at the clock to check on how much time I had left, and sometimes the secretary would check on me to see if I needed anything.

I bit my lip as I typed as fast as I could. I only had fifteen minutes left. I checked for any grammatical errors and sighed with relief as I found none. I clicked on "print" and waited for all the documents to come out.

With a huge smile on my face. I walked out my office to personally give these to Yunho oppa. But as I was about to knock on oppa's office door, it opened and someone walked out.

"J-Jinki?" I blurted out, shocked.

He smiled at me. "There you are." 

He looked at me, and then to the documents I was holding. He took the papers, grabbed my wrist and started pulling me. 

"Y-yah!" I said and tried to break-free from his grip. "I need to give those to oppa! Give them back! And let me go!" 

My secretary was walking towards us, carrying my handbag. Onew took my bag and handed her the papers. "Could you kindly give this to the president? Thanks." He said as he smiled and started pulling me away again. 

I looked back and saw the secretary bowing before turning around and walking towards oppa's office. I turned back to Onew. "Yah! What are you doing here? I have work to do, and so do you!" 

He didn't answer me. The guard bowed in respect as we left the company, and someone opened the door of Onew's car. He pushed me inside and went around to get inside the car too. The driver got inside and started driving off.

"Jinki what on earth are you doing? I have work--"

"I already asked permission from Yunho hyung." He said as he smiled at me. "You're on a five-day leave." 

"A WHAT?!" I exclaimed. "WHY? What for?" I asked, looking at him with wide eyes.

"We're going somewhere." He said.

"What time is it?" I asked. "And where's Yoogeun?"

"I picked him up from school already and left him at mom. I asked her to look after him first while we're away. And don't worry, all you stuff have been packed. It's in the trunk."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Lee Jinki what on earth is this about?" 

"We're going on a vacation." He answered. "Just the two of us."