On the way.

Last Gift.

“Sica!”

I jumped due to surprise and shoved the golden necklace inside my drawer. I slammed the wooden drawer shut and stood up. “Yeah?”

Onew didn’t answer so I stood up from the bed and walked towards the bathroom. I knocked on the door pushed it open. “What is it?”

“I need help,” Onew answered, and I swear I can imagine him pouting so cutely. “I can’t scrub my back.”

I sighed and closed the door before pushing the glass sliding door and stepping inside the shower. Onew grinned and handed me the loofa. Onew turned around so that his back was facing me and smiled as soon as I started scrubbing his back.

“You should just go get a body scrub or something,” I commented.

“Should I?” Onew asked and looked over his shoulder. “But they won’t take care of me like the way you do.”

I rolled my eyes. “They’re paid to take care of you. And I’m pretty sure they’ve been scrubbing backs for quite a while now.”

“But still—“

I cut him off by slapping his back playfully “Keep quiet.”

Onew pouted and stared at the tiled wall while I continued to scrub.

“Hey, Sica.”

I hummed.

“About Luna.. Why did you do that?”

I stopped scrubbing for a few seconds but resumed. “It took her a lot of effort to show-off to you and your parents. I wouldn’t want all of her efforts to be wasted.”

“Sica, she accidentally—“

“It wasn’t an accident, Jinki.” I answered with a sigh. “She knew you were going to be there. And besides, didn’t you notice the way she looked? The way she dressed? Her make-up? Her hairstyle? Her.. jewelry?”

Jewelry.

“I’m a girl too so I know how much effort it took her to do everything.”

I stopped scrubbing and sighed. Onew turned around and frowned. “Sica—“

I smiled and took his hand and gave him back the loofa. “I’m going to bed early. Hurry up, okay?”

As soon as I stepped out, I took a deep breath and walked towards our bed. I was just about to close my eyes when I heard the continuous beeping of Onew’s phone.

I raised an eyebrow because who would be texting him non-stop at this time of night?

I’m not usually one to stick my nose into Onew’s business but somehow, curiousity won. I sat up and reached out to take Onew’s phone which was on top of the small table.

“Jinki?” I called out and bit my lip when he didn’t answer. He’s probably still taking a bath. “Jinki someone—“ I got off the bed with his phone in my hand because I was about to tell him that someone’s texting non-stop and that it might be important.

However, as soon as the name “Luna” flashed on the screen, I stopped on my tracks.

“Yeah?” Onew finally answered.

 I didn’t even hesitate to open Luna’s messages and read them one by one.

9:11
Oppa let’s meet.

9:11
I’m at the café where you picked me up last time.

9:12
It’s important.

9:13
You’re coming, right?

9:14
I’ll be waiting.

I glanced at the watch which read 9:16. My hands started to tremble and I pursed my lips together. I clutched the phone harder and took long, deep breaths.

This woman really doesn’t know when to stop, does she?

“What is it, Sica?” Onew asked again from inside the bathroom. “Someone what?”

I quickly replied to Luna’s message, saying “I’m on my way,” before putting the phone back on the table and running to the closet to change clothes.

The bathroom door opened a few minutes later, and Onew’s eyes widened with confusion as soon as he saw my pajamas scattered on the floor. He stared at me as I grabbed my bag and a jacket. “W-where are you going?”

“Someone’s waiting for me right now.” I said through gritted teeth as I opened my drawer and pulled out my phone, not noticing Luna’s golden necklace which accidentally clung onto it and fell on the floor.

“Who?” Onew asked, forehead creasing. “At this time of night?”

“It’s a.. friend. And apparently, yes. At this time of night.” I glared at him and opened the door. “I’ll be back soon.”

I was already wearing my shoes when Onew came downstairs. “You want me to drive you there?”

I shook my head and picked up my bag which was on the floor. “It’s okay. I’ll be going now. Bye.” I opened the door and slammed it shut, leaving Onew behind, before running towards my car and angrily throwing my bag inside.


Onew’s POV

I sighed as I pushed the bedroom door open.

I guess operation little OnSicas will have to wait then.

But why was Jessica like that? Who the hell would meet her at this time of the night? And why did she seem like she was pissed off or something?

I sighed again and sat on her side of the bed. I looked down and—

“What—“ I picked up a golden necklace on the floor. “Jessica never had a necklace like this..”

I lifted it up and stared at it intently. “But why do you look so..”

My eyes widened. This can’t be. It can’t be Luna’s. Why would it be here? How did it end up here? Why is it with Jessica? I clutched the necklace on my hand and crawled across the bed to get my phone. I was going to call Jessica and ask her where she was right now but as soon as I unlocked it, my inbox popped up and a message saying “I’ll see you soon, oppa.” Coming from Luna greeted me.

See me soon? Why? What?

I scrolled down and saw other messages of Luna. Someone opened them though. I shook my head and opened my sentbox and saw a message saying “I’m on my way.”

My eyes widened.

The next thing I knew was that I was dashing out our bedroom—into my car.