Three bears.

Last Gift.

"Yoogeun, you go inside your room first. Take a bath and brush your teeth okay?" I said as we entered the house. I lowered myself to kiss him and stood up, smiling at him.

"Neh, eomma~" He answered and ran upstairs towards his room. I heard Onew close the door, so I immediately made my way towards to kitchen.

I opened the refrigerator and took out the glass pitcher. I brought it to the counter where I took a glass and poured water into it. I started drinking but froze as soon as I heard talking.

"You're still not talking to me." He said.

I quickly finished drinking my glass of water, even though it hurt my throat because it was too cold. I put the glass down, wiped my mouth and put the pitcher back inside the refrigerator. I walked past him, and as I did, I heard him sigh. I ignored him continued to walk upstairs, to our bedroom. "Sica," he called me from behind. 

I still ignored him.

I opened the bedroom door and slammed it close, hurrying to the bathroom. I locked the bathroom door and sighed as I leaned on the sink. I crossed my arms, took deep breaths and turned around. 

I looked at myself in the mirror -- and then I saw Luna smiling at me. I closed my eyes and covered my face with my hands. Again, I took deep breaths before finally putting my hands down.

"I should take a warm bath.." I whispered to myself -- and so I did. 

It took me an hour, but believe me, I didn't to anything but look at the ceiling. The scent of vanilla helped me relax, though. I even fell asleep inside the bath tub. 

I put on a tank top, and pajama pants. I pulled the towel which was wrapped around my head down, and dried my hair with one hand as I opened the door with another. To my surprise, Onew was sitting on the bed, facing the bathroom. He looked at me, arms and legs crossed. 

I decided to ignore him, so I walked past him again, going to the closet. 

"Sica, can you please talk to me?" He said, almost pleading.

I sighed. "There's nothing to talk about." I firmly answered.

"What's wrong with you? You weren't talking when we were eating dinner at the restaurant a while ago, you were quiet the whole time inside the car, you keep on ignoring me, and sometimes you even ignored Yoogeun." He exclaimed. I heard the bed creak, so I'm guessing he stood up. 

I didn't answer and continued looking around the closet like I was going to get something -- and then he did it. He wrapped his arms around me again. He made me feel like the luckiest person in the world. He made me feel safe and secured. I didn't want to feel like this, not right now. So I elbowed him and walked to the grooming table to comb my hair.

I heard him sigh.

"Is this about Luna?" 

Hearing this, I slammed the brush down, and stood up. I was going to head for the door when he grabbed my wrist. "Let's talk about this." He said.

"Like I said, there's nothing to talk about." I tried to pull my arm but he didn't let go.

"Please?" He said, turning around to face me. 

"Let me go." I said monotonously.

"Not until we talk about what's wrong." He said.

Irritated, I turned around. "You wanna know what's wrong? You lied to me. You made me look like an idiot. Five years, Jinki. Five stinkin' years!" 

"I didn't lie to you about anything. I just.. I just kept things from you."

"Exactly. The day before our marriage, I talked to you, right? I asked you if there's something I should know about you. I wanted to know everything about my husband, Jinki. I wanted to know you better than anyone else. I wanted to make sure that in our marriage, we didn't keep things from each other."

"I thought hiding this from you would be better. You didn't have to know about it anyway.." 

"I didn't have to know it? A WOMAN JUST WALKED UP TO ME AND TOLD ME SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR WIFE, LEE JINKI. DO YOU KNOW HOW--HOW PAINFUL IT IS? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW FRUSTRATED I AM, HOW MUCH I WANTED TO DIE ON THE SPOT AWHILE AGO DUE TO EMBARRASSMENT?"

Onew didn't answer.

"I didn't think so too." I said, slightly panting. I pulled my arm away from him successfully. I opened the door and slammed it so hard that the sound echoed.

I was trembling, I was palpitating -- I felt weak. I didn't know what to do. Tears were starting to form inside my eyes, and I suddenly had the urge to go back inside the room just to see if he's okay.

"Did I go too far? Did I say too much?" I whispered to myself, biting my lip. 

I didn't, right? I only expressed how I felt, and it was the right thing to do. I shouldn't go back there. 

I hurriedly ran to Yoogeun's room where I found him sitting on his bed. His lights were already off -- except for the lamp beside his bed.

"Eomma?" He asked, confused and surprised with my sudden appearance.

I faked a smile. "Y-Yoogeun-ah.. C-can eomma stay here first?"

He nodded and moved to the side of his bed. "Neh, eomma. You can sit beside me." 

I closed the door and sat beside him. I hugged him tight and kissed his forehead. "Thank you, baby.."I whispered.

"Why are you here, eomma? Is something wrong?" 

I bit my lip and shook my head. "Ani.." I said. "I just wanted to check on you.." I faked a smlie.

"Then eomma.." Yoogeun said as he moved closer to me. "Can you sing me to sleep?"

"Hm? O-of course. Sure." I said and wrapped my arms around him. "What song do you want eomma to sing?" I asked.

"Erm.." He thought for a while. "Ah!" He exclaimed suddenly. "The one about the three bears!" He said, happily.

I smlied at him. "Okay, baby.." I took a deep breath and started to sing. "Once there were three bears, who lived in a cottage, papa bear, mama bear, baby bear.." I stopped. "Papa bear was chubby and fat.." I took another deep breath. "Mama bear was slender and tall," Tears were starting to form inside my eyes again. I shut them close and continued singing. "..Baby bear was the cutest one of all.. You're doing well.." I finished with a loud sigh.

"Eomma, it's just like our family!" Yoogeun exclaimed. "Appa is like papa bear, Eomma is like mama bear, and I'm like baby bear. Right?" He said happily, looking at me. "A happy family.." He whispered, closing his eyes and snuggling beside me.

I looked at him and in an instant, my tears started to roll down my cheeks. I kissed him one last time. "Sleep well, my little prince.." I whispered.

Someone suddenly knocked on the door. "Sica? Are you in there?" It was Onew.

Surprised, I lied down the bed and closed my eyes tightly. I heard the door open. "Si--" Onew stopped talking, and then he sighed. 

I heard his footsteps coming closer. "So you were here.." He whispered. I did my best to pretend to be sleeping. 

I felt something move right beside me, it seemed like he was fixing Yooguen's blanket. 

But why isn't he putting on a blanket on me?

Suddenly, I felt his hands slipping under my body. One hand was behind my back and the other one was behind my legs. 

IS HE TRYING TO CARRY ME BACK TO THE BEDROOM? SHIRO!!

I shifted my position -- I turned to "unconciously" hug Yoogeun. He pulled his hands away, probably from shock or confusion. I pretended to snuggle Yoogeun comfortably even though my lower back was starting to ache. This way, he wouldn't be able to carry me since Yoogeun's sleep will be disturbed.

He sighed. He started putting on a blanket on me before finally kissing my cheek. "I love you." He whispered.

I shut my eyes close, still pretending to be asleep.