Girl Talk.

Last Gift.

A/N: I posted this several weeks ago and apparatenly AFF had a problem so uhm. ;__; I'm sorry! 


My hands started to tremble even more as soon as I saw Luna sitting on one corner of the coffee shop.

Oh, you might be wondering how I know which coffee shop this is? I saw a receipt one time at the pocket on one of Onew’s pants and kept it as I found it somehow.. suspicious.

My intuition never fails me somehow.

I marched towards her and lightly threw my bag on the chair, in which she looked up with shock as I sat down and crossed my (still trembling) arms in front of my chest.

“Jinki won’t be able to make it,” I said, not even hiding my anger.

She continued to stare at me with wide eyes for quite a while, but then she laughed softly and cocked her head to one side while staring at me. “He won’t be able to come or he doesn’t know he needs to come here?”

“He doesn’t need to come here,” I stated through gritted teeth. “He isn’t obliged to meet you.”

Luna sighed and took a sip from her coffee before resting her chin on one of her hands and smiling at me. “I guess we could use a little girl-to-girl talk then, too. This is going to be fun.”

I clenched my fists under the table as soon as I felt my head throbbing with anger. This girl really is too much for me.

“Okay then,” I took a deep breath and straightened up. “I want you to stay away from my husband. He has a wife, and a son—a family—just in case you haven’t noticed.”

She pursed her lips and raised an eyebrow, as if thinking about something, before laying her back against the chair. “He was supposed to get married to me.”

“But he didn’t. And he isn’t. Live with it.” I retorted.

She smiled. “That’s why I’m here to take back what’s rightfully mine,” She reached out to encircle the rim of her cup with her index finger. “About the little brat, I don’t mind taking him in if that’s what oppa wants—“

Little brat?

I slammed my palm against the table, which surprised her. “Yoogeun is not a little brat. Take that back!” I hissed.

It was a good thing that there were only a few customers in this café, probably due to the time but whatever. I don’t care. No one calls my Yoogeun a little brat. Especially not this woman.

“Ooh someone’s angry,” She teased.

Are you seriously—

“Listen,” She said and straightened up. “I’m not kidding. I’m here to take back what’s rightfully mine—I’m here to take Jinki oppa back. What happened back then, it was a mistake. He was supposed to wait for me and—it doesn’t matter.”

My eye twitched.

“Just—get a divorce or something. The both of you aren’t meant for each other.”

That’s it.

I stood up and my breathing started to get ragged. My heart was pounding against my chest and my vision was starting to get dark. “Leave. Us. Alone.” I said, making sure to pronounce each word clearly and loudly for her to hear.

She chuckled once again and stood up. “Calm down, jeez.” She raised her hands in the air as if in defeat before walking towards me. “But hey, wanna know a little secret?”

She leaned forward so that her lips were right beside my ear, and I could smell her shampoo mixed with the strong scent of her perfume from here.

“I dropped that necklace on purpose.”

She leaned back so that our eyes met and smiled. “And I purposely wore the jewelry set during the birthday of Jinki oppa. You’re a much better observer than I expected.” She then feigned amazement and clapped, as if impressed with what I did.

I wanted to open my mouth but my teeth kept clenched.

I lost it. I don’t know how or why, but like it had a mind of its own, my hand raised—I could feel it, I could feel it itching to hit Luna’s face hard but—“Stop.”

I realized that Luna might have noticed I was going to hit her because she covered her own face with her hands, but I couldn’t move my hand. What—“Stop.”

I then noticed that someone was holding my arm—holding with so much force—only enough to stop me from hitting Luna, but not strong enough to hurt me. My hands trailed from the hand to the owner and found Jonghyun staring at me with a calm expression on his face.

“Stop,” He repeated.

I wanted to push him away, to shout at him, to tell him to let go and leave us alone but then when he’s staring at me like this—with those eyes—when he’s telling me to stop with that voice, voice filled with so much care, I just—I can’t move.

It was like Jonghyun’s voice was a sedative or something, but my trembling hands started to relax slowly and my breathing went back to normal.

Only when Jonghyun was sure that I wouldn’t hurt anyone did he let go and turned to Luna. “And you,” He said, obviously referring to her, “Be thankful I don’t hurt women.”

I felt the hair at the back of my head stand up, and Luna stared at him with wide eyes. “Since when—Jonghyun you weren’t like this before.” Her voice cracked and I could see tears welling inside her eyes.

“You never knew who I was.”

Goosebumps. Goosebumps all over my body. There was something so cold and scary about Jonghyun’s voice that even I felt chills run down my spine. The voice filled with so much care and affection—the one that calmed me down awhile ago, where is it now? There’s not one small bit of trace of it from Jonghyun’s sharp and cold voice right now.

Leave her alone. Or else I might just forget you’re a woman.”

Luna stared at him in disbelief, agape, as he grabbed my bag from the chair before wrapping one arm around my shoulder and pulling me out of the café.

I turned my head to look at Luna one last time as Jonghyun dragged me, only to see her still standing there with shock.

“Get inside. Now.” Jonghyun pushed me inside my own car—into the passenger seat. I watched him as he encircled the car and sat on the driver’s seat.

“Jonghyun what—“

“Car keys.”

“But—“

Now. You’re going home, Jung Sooyeon. Yoogeun is waiting for you. How could you leave him alone?”

I opened my mouth to argue but closed it as soon as I realized that he was right. I heaved a sigh before handing him the car keys.

He started the engine and drove off without any words.