Sly

Under the Sun and Moon [HIATUS FOR A MONTH OR 2]

 

Dongwoo's body trembled as tears welled up. He wasn't hurt because you slapped him. He was hurt because realisation hit. Dongwoo didn't want things to become worse, so why was he acting immaturely? He didn't have the right to treat you badly, after all, he was the one who wasn't able to hold back in the first place. I deserved that, Dongwoo thought.

You stood in front of Dongwoo and crouched down to his level. You used both your hands to trap his face in one place so that he was looking at you. 'His eyes look so sad,' you thought. All happiness seemed to have drained from his brown orbs. You placed your forehead against his and closed your eyes. At first, Dongwoo grimaced at the skinship, but then he relaxed and also closed his eyes, which made the tears roll down his face, creating wet tracks on his cheeks.

"I don't deserve you," He choked out.

You pulled back and used your thumbs to the sides of his face. "Don't be silly," You cooed.

"But, I-"

"-Saying you don't deserve me is like saying I don't deserve you. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be alive right now." You smiled.

Dongwoo scoffed and shook his head. He loved how you were so kind and forgiving. "You're astonishing..." He breathed.

"I know," You cheekily grinned and swiped away his tears whilst he admired your beautiful face.

The words: "I love you," unexpectedly rolled off Dongwoo's tongue and the expression on your face flickered into something much like a blank canvas, where no emotions were portrayed. The other boy soon found himself holding his breath, nervous for your reaction. When your lips finally curved upwards, you pulled his body forward and wrapped your arms around him. "As do I."

You and Dongwoo stayed in the same position until Woohyun called everyone into the kitchen for breakfast. Once Dongwoo had finished his food, he leaned back in his seat and casually slung his arm around the back of your chair whilst you ate. The six boys didn't have to observe you and Dongwoo for too long; it was obvious the pair of you had made up. Sunggyu casted his eyes over to your face and saw that you were smiling contently, which in turn had made him smile too.

- - - - - - - - - -

Being vampires meant sleeping whilst the sun was up and being active when the sun was hidden away. When Myungsoo went to bed at 4 in the morning, you and the rest of the boys started gaming and didn't stop until 8am. Your body clock didn't work the way it used to, since having absolutely nothing to do led to gaming until crazy o'clock.

Myungsoo felt bored, bored to the point of frustration. He had woken up just before sunset whereas the rest of you stayed in deep slumber, snoring away.

"Crazy people..." He muttered under his breath after finishing up with washing the dirty dishes in the sink. Myungsoo then went back into his bedroom to change out of his baggy t-shirt and sweatpants. He needed some fresh air to clear his head. Not bothering to leave a note or anything, he slipped on a pair of white high tops and left the building.

The wind blew harshly which caused the leaves to rustle. Myungsoo struggled a little as he made his way towards the woods. He had grown fond of nature because you often dragged the boys out on a walk to accompany you. The corners of Myungsoo's lips tugged upwards as thoughts of you occupied his mind. He too, loved you a lot.

The Vampire stopped dead in his tracks when his ears twitched; a quiet sound of someone humming a light tune was heard. Following his senses, he turned to his left. Some tall healthy plants blocked his view, so as quietly as possible, he reached out an arm and pushed away the leaves and branches.

A girl with long dark brown hair and blonde highlights was perched on a tree stump. There was a smile plastered on her face as she swung her legs to and fro whilst humming the tunes to some song. Myungsoo thought she looked fairly attractive, 'but she's not as beautiful as [xxx] of course,' his mind said. Myungsoo felt startled when the humming came to a stop and her eyes laid on him.

"Oh, hi!" She chirped, with a waving hand next to her head. When Myungsoo didn't reply, however, she jokingly commented, "You know, eavesdropping is rude~"

"Uh, sorry. Continue with whatever you were doing, I'm going to leave," He said absentmindedly and stuffed his hands inside his pockets before he turned to leave.

'Not so fast…' She secretly smirked. "Wait!" The unknown girl called out. She hopped off the stump and childishly skipped towards Myungsoo's side. She stuck her right hand out in front of him and pulled a grin. "My name is Baek Suji! Nice to meet you."

'What a weirdo,' Myungsoo thought. He didn't understand why the stranger would suddenly introduce herself when they had nothing to do with one another. "Er, hi?" He replied.

"I haven't seen you around before…is this your first time coming into the forest?"

Myungsoo cocked an eyebrow. "No, it's not the first time."

"Well that's strange…I come here almost everyday," Suji fibbed.

The other vampire shrugged, as he had no comment.

'This guy is quieter than I thought…Why is it so hard to exchange words with him?!' The girl's mind screamed. She clenched her fists behind her back and glanced at Myungsoo. "You never told me your name," She said.

"It's Myungsoo," He replied nonchalantly.

Suji took a mental note of his name and gave his face a long and hard look, for the last time. "Well, nice name, I've got to run now! See you next time." She waved and skipped off.

Myungsoo scratched the back of his neck and watched the girl's figure fade off into the distance. He cocked his head to one side and stared. Something seemed strange. There seemed to be a nagging voice within the back of his mind, as if it was trying to warn him or something.

The girl looked somewhat familiar, but Myungsoo just wasn't able to put a finger on it.

✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖
Image Credit

Not only am I sorry for updating late, I am also sorry for what I'm about to say...
I will not be updating this fanfiction for a while because of my upcoming exams. They are extremely important and the coursework load is also driving me nuts. Not only that, I also have to pay more attention to Ballet and I still have work on the weekends.
I won't be gone forever (maybe just for a month or two), but this is basically just a warning. I will still update Common Ground with tehdemoness, so if you're interested, please go ahead and check it out!

I'm on Twitter almost 24/7 and I also have an account on tumblr. So tweet/message me whenever you want.
Take care everyone~
Until next time!