BECAUSE /YOU/ LIKE IT

Under the Sun and Moon [HIATUS FOR A MONTH OR 2]

 

Myungsoo joined you by your side and returned a handsome smile. The world seemed to stop spinning momentarily as you stared at the beautiful features on his face. You had always believed that perfection did not exist in reality, however you began to have doubts now.

“Is there something on my face?” Myungsoo blinked, which snapped you out of your trance. “Oh, no,” You blushed and looked away whilst he smiled inwardly.

“Would you like me to show you around our garden?” He asked, in a friendly voice. “That would be nice,” You agreed and followed him as he began to walk off.

The black canopy extended outwards as it covered up the stony pathways. There was a large fountain next to a greenhouse, which had withered plants inside. You frowned at that and pointed a finger at the plants. “What happened to them?” Myungsoo shrugged and replied, “We just never bother with the plants in there.”

‘It would be nice if someone could bring those plants back to life,’ you thought sadly. Myungsoo saw the frown on your face and cleared his throat. “Let’s go this way,” He led you to the other side of the garden, where there were wooden decks and comfortable cushioned seats. The pair of you silently walked up a few steps and took a seat next to each other. Myungsoo quietly observed you as your stared straight ahead.

“Myungsoo-ssi,” You whispered without looking at him. “Hmm?” He mumbled in reply. “I think you look better when you’re not being cold. You look dashingly handsome when you smile.” That caught him off guard and your cheeks grew rosy.

“I’m sorry,” He unexpectedly apologised in a quiet voice. He felt like he owed you an apology since he never really showed much direct affection towards you. “Apology not accepted, since it isn’t necessary,” You gave him a light hearted smile and he chuckled a little.

“I don’t mean this in an offensive way, but why are you so bipolar?” You asked him, with your head slightly tilted to one side. “Mmm,” Myungsoo thought. ‘I don't mean to be...should I tell her about my background?’

“Ah, I’m sorry for saying that…you don’t have to reply to that. Forget about what I said,” You quickly blurted. He shook his head and sent you a teasing smile and uttered, “I don’t exactly own a perfect life. Well, who in the world does anyway?”

You stayed quiet for him to continue. “I have a witch of a mother who comes and goes whenever she pleases and my father left me when he found out she was pregnant with me,” Myungsoo explained.

You ‘oh’d’ at this and an apologetic expression painted your face. “I’m sorry to hear that. It must be really hard for you.”

He shook his head again. “I’m not the only one in this family that has suffered. The only things that have kept me sane all along are my brothers. We’ve been through a lot together.” You smiled at that, as you felt better knowing he received comfort from his siblings. You could tell they were all extremely close.

“I didn’t tell you that for sympathy, by the way,” He said. "It's okay," You assured him.

Your eyes wandered off into the distance again, as both of you quietened. The sun was still shining brightly and you sighed in delight. "Myungsoo-ssi, you don't like being outside very much do you?" You asked, eyes lingering on a bird that just poked its beak into the soft grass. "Correct," He nodded, eyes landing on the bird you were ever-so-intently watching.

"Then why did you come out and even show me around the garden?" You questioned further. "Because you like the nature," He said, pokerfaced.

 

✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖

Gif: Made by yours truly~ (KIM MYUNGSOO IS SO PERFECT. I CAN'TTTTTT)

I hope you guys liked this chapter :D. Short and sweet, as I stated in the previous update.