"Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Under the Sun and Moon [HIATUS FOR A MONTH OR 2]

 

"Who says you don't deserve to have [xxx] in your life? It was a mistake any one of us could've made."
 
Four other boys stepped out from behind the shadows as Sunggyu knelt beside Dongwoo. He had a sympathetic look plastered on his face as he stared at his dongsaeng. "Don't beat yourself up about it," He spoke.
 
"Sungyeol wouldn't have done it," The younger boy snapped instantly.
 
"But Sungyeol's power…-you know he has good resistance."
 
Dongwoo shrugged and stayed in his position, on the grass. Sunggyu sighed and tugged at the younger's arm. "Ireona, let's go home. It's been a long night and if we don't head back now, it'll be too late."
 
"Allow me to burn in the sun then," Dongwoo interjected without a second thought and silently refused to move an inch.
 
"Man up," Woohyun's voice spat once he took a step forward to stand next to Sunggyu, who was standing up by now.
 
"What did you say?" Dongwoo instantly sat up and sent icy glares at his dongsaeng, which had no effect at all.
 
"I said, man up," He repeated, this time in an even harsher tone of voice.
 
"Shut up! I don't need your input," The now angered man hissed. Hoya and Sungjong quietly prayed for them to stop because they didn't want to in and cause the problem to grow.
 
"You clearly need my input. You're acting like such a wuss right now, just take a look at yourself."
 
By now, Dongwoo was up on his feet and ready to pounce on his dongsaeng. "I said, SHUT UP!" He lurched forward and grabbed the collar of Woohyun's shirt. Who in return, smirked when he saw the fire within his hyung's orbs.
 
"Ara...I didn't mean it. At least it worked and you're up on your feet now. Let's go, before the sun comes back up," He said softly. Woohyun put an arm around the other boy's shoulder and slowly pulled him back into the forest with the others in tow.
 
Dongwoo's fierce eyes became gentle when he understood the intentions behind Woohyun's actions. "Urgh...I don't deserve any of you," He quietly groaned. Myungsoo, who wasn't far behind, had heard and proceeded to give Dongwoo a pat on the shoulder before making a move to slip his pair of hands into his pockets.
 
- - - - - - - - - - 
 
You had your head buried against Sungyeol's chest as you wept and although you made an attempt to suppress the tears, he soon woke up to find a shaking girl within his arms. He pieced together the events of last night and grunted. The chest area of his shirt was wet and slightly uncomfortable. Sungyeol figured out you were crying, so he opened his eyes and looked down at you with a frown.
 
He shook you lightly and you trembled as you refused to look at him, so Sungyeol uttered a sigh and tightened his grip around you, -though not too hard so that it wouldn't be suffocating.
 
"Hey…there's no need to cry," Sungyeol softly murmured.
 
"They're still not back. Look at the curtains, oppa, I can see the light beginning to seep through!" You choked.
 
He patted your back in a soothing manner, "Shh, it's okay." Sungyeol's eyes flickered towards the window and indeed, the sun was rising. "They will get back...just in the knick of time..." His words faltered. Sungyeol's statement had somewhat turned into a question as he needed some reassurance for himself. He really hoped his siblings were able to find Dongwoo.
 
Your crying finally began to decrease and your breathing evened out. Sungyeol moved and rested his chin on the top of your head. 
 
The silence broke when he asked, "Are you angry with Dongwoo?"
 
"No." You replied straight away. There was no need to contemplate on the answer.
 
He pulled away and looked at you. "Even though he had almost hurt you?"
 
"I can't bring myself to feel any anger towards him." It was true. You had grown to love the boys a lot.
 
"...Are you angry with oppa?" You questioned, voice soft.
 
There was a brief moment of thinking before Sungyeol finally answered, "I'm disappointed with him more than anything."
 
"Whatever doesn't kill you makes your stronger." You pulled a smile.
 
A chuckle escaped from Sungyeol and you felt his chest shake. "Sweetheart, I don't think your strength grew, though."
 
You playfully hit him and pouted, "You know what I mean."
 
"Of course I do." Sungyeol's face brightened with a grin as he wiggled closer to you and gave you a cuddle.
 
Suddenly, the door burst opened and Myungsoo tumbled in with Sungjong in tow. You had your back towards them and Sungyeol opened his eyes and stared at the pair.
 
"Is she doing ok?" Sungjong whispered, gesturing towards you.
 
"I'm fine," You shifted on the bed and sat up to look at them. 
 
"Oh, you're awake." Myungsoo blurted and made his way towards you. "Are you sure you're fine?" He cupped the side of your face and gazed at you.
 
You shrugged it off and asked, "Is Dongwoo oppa home?"
 
"He's currently in his room," Sungjong answered.
 
You took that into account and pushed the bed covers off your body whilst Sungyeol sat up and ran his fingers through his hair. You swung your legs over the side of the bed and got up.
 
"Excuse me, oppas, I'm going to see him."
 
The two younger boys looked at each other worriedly as you exited the bedroom.
 
"Where did you find him?" Sungyeol queried. He smoothed out the bed sheets and made the bed before pulling on the jacket he had slung over your desk chair.
 
"By a river...it took us a while to track him down. When we got there, he was on the verge of break down." Myungsoo informed.
 
"So I'm guessing he's quiet sensitive right now?"
 
"Mhm...and we don't know how he's going to react when [xxx] approaches him."
 
- - - - - - - - - -
 
"Stop." Dongwoo's voice emerged from the bedroom before you had even placed your hand on the doorknob. You frowned and twisted the handle, hurriedly pushing the door open to reveal the very much depressed male.
 
Dongwoo was resting on the floor with his back against the painted glossy wall. His knees were bent upwards and his elbows were propped up on them, his head resting between his hands. "Didn't you hear me?" He shot as soon as you took a step forward.
 
"No," You fibbed. Deep down, you felt a mixture of relief, sadness and anger. Relief, because he was finally home. Sadness because he wasn't the same Dongwoo you knew before the incident and finally, anger because of the cold treatment you received. If somebody was supposed to show resentment, shouldn't it have been you? Although, you wouldn't have caused so many problems if you were being careful in the first place.
 
Dongwoo stayed in the same position, however felt your eyes on him. "If you have nothing to stay, leave."
 
It hurt you seeing him like this. "Can we forget about the incident?" You begged. 
 
"I don't think that's possible."
 
"What do you mean?" You replied exasperatedly, arms waving about.
 
Dongwoo looked up and glared at you. "You think this is easy for me? I was one step away from hurting you! You're supposed to be angry with me. You're supposed to hate me!" He took a deep breath. "What are you even doing in my room? Aren't you afraid I might suddenly pounce on you?" His voice was thick with venom.
 
Thwack. You pulled back your arm and clenched your hands into tight fists. "Get a grip, Jang Dongwoo," You demanded in the harshest tone of voice you could possibly make.

✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖

Image Credit
All I can say is, I'm sorry for the huge delay. >_<