"Hey there, pretty lady"

Under the Sun and Moon [HIATUS FOR A MONTH OR 2]

The jagged piece of glass fell from your hand as you hissed in pain. “Why do I always do this to myself?” You found a piece of cloth on the kitchen counter and with one hand, wrapped it around the wound on your palm. Since you were half human-half vampire, your wounds cured quicker than normal. Treatment  on the cut wasn’t necessary and you didn’t have to worry about it too much. You placed your non-injured hand on your forehead and sighed. “I guess I’ll just clean that up later.” You left the remaining parts of the smashed glass and strolled into your bedroom.

Your mother died after giving birth to you and your father got ripped apart by blood thirsty vampires a year ago. Since then, you’ve been living all by yourself in an abandoned cottage by a large forest. It was surprising how you survived all alone. When it came to survival, you would hunt for feral animals for their meat and blood. You honestly detested the taste of blood. However drinking it was a must, as you had to prevent yourself from fainting due to the lack of blood.

Feeling bored like always, you shrugged on a dirty jacket and headed out of the cottage. Taking a stroll through the forest was a daily thing for you, even when rain clouds were sadly hovering above. You hummed a random tune whilst going down a path that leads into the inner part of the forest. You kicked a few pebbles that were in the way and hopped down the steps. As you stood straight from ducking under some branches, a low voice spoke, “Hey there, pretty lady. What are you doing in the forest all alone?”

You whipped your head around and met a blonde haired boy with bangs that covered his eyes. You pulled a face at him and said, “Nothing you should be concerned about.” The latter was up against your chest in a flash and he looked into your eyes. “Oh, you’re a feisty one. I like that,” He smirked. You stumbled backwards in shock and he caught you by the wrist. “Careful there, pretty lady. You don’t want to get your face scratched by those branches.” You balanced yourself and tried to remove your wrist from his grip. “Not going to thank me? I just saved your pretty face,” The blonde head pouted in an intimidating way and lifted up your arm. You rolled your eyes, “Excuse me, you’re beginning to hurt my wrist.”

Suddenly, a sweet scent reached the boy’s nose and he began to sniff. His pupils darkened and you gasped. “Let me go!” You pulled your wrist back and he stared at your wrapped up hand. “Well, Well, well…what do we have here? Not only are you pretty and feisty, it seems like…” One corner of his lips curled up and his fangs were present, “…you have alluring blood too.” You bit your bottom lip and took a step back, ready to run for your life. “Would you mind if I got a taste of that lush stuff?” He whispered menacingly. ‘,’ You panicked.

That was it. You began to run in the opposite direction of him, not really aiming for a place. You just went wherever your long legs took you. The first time you looked back, he was still in the very same spot where you met. “Hey pretty lady, I’m not going to hurt you…” You heard a shout from him. You looked back for a second time and he was just a few steps behind.

✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖

Photo: Edited by me.

I was excited to post up the first chapter of this fanfiction, so apologies for such a short chapter! I'll try and do better in the future updates ^^. I hope you liked it.