About Your Past

A Glued Friendship

Leeteuk's P.O.V.

I tried to keep up with Taeyeon's jumping. She was way~ to fast. I couldn't catch up with her. I'd either fall and trip on the rope or step on the rope and fall. Taeyeon just kept up with her pace. I was sweaty and tired, so I stopped. I watched her as she jumped a little more. I looked at what everyone was doing. I noticed that Yuri was gone for some reason. 

"Hey, Taeyeon, where is Yuri?" I asked. Taeyeon stopped jumping and took a break. She sat next to me, drinking her water.

"Outside. Something must've happened with Heechul and her. Maybe Heechul confessed?" Taeyeon guessed. I laughed.

"Heechul isn't the kind of boy who would do that, you know," I chuckled. Taeyeon unnie shrugged.

"People change every time. If I were him, I'd stay away from Yuri," Taeyeon suggested. I scrunched my eyebrows.

"Why?" I asked.

"Love is something boys and girls-- especially girls-- should never believe in," Taeyeon said.

"Why?" I asked again.

"Love can break someone's heart. My definition of love is a chaos-causing feeling that would break everyone's heart into many little pieces," Taeyeon explained harshly. I was kind of injured by her words. Does that mean that I have no chance against her? I thought to myself. I was afraid all of a sudden. Afraid that she wouldn't accept my love.

"So if someone confessed to you, what would you do?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes. I think she was getting annoyed by my questions.

"I would say 'Sorry, but I can't accept you. You're not the one who belongs in my heart. I am a girl who can't love anyone,'" Taeyeon said. I bit my lower lips. Ouch.

"How about that Junsu guy?" I asked. Taeyeon froze. She choked at her water. She coughed for a moment while I pounded her back. After she stopped choking, she took a deep breath.

"Junsu... is different," she explained. What does that mean?

"So you like him?" I asked quietly.

"Nope. He's just my friend... a very close friend... a best friend," she said softly. I could sense that she missed him. 

"So you like him?" I repeated. She was quiet. She got up, continuing to jump.

"Ani, I don't want to talk about. I'll be jump-roping," she quickly told me. She ignored me for the rest of the time. Did I say something wrong?

Taeyeon's P.O.V.

Why did he have to ask about Junsu? I mean, sure he's my best friend, but why? How did he know? I looked at my girls. Yoona wouldn't know about it because I've just been her friend. Jessica never cared. She never cared about our problems. She had her own problems. That reminds of me Yuri-- no wonder. Yuri would just tell everyone about it. 

"Yuri..." I gritted my teeth between my jumps. I suddenly stepped on the rope and tripped. Leeteuk helped me up, but I ignored him.

"Taeyeon, you need a longer break," Leeteuk said. I shook my head.

"No, I don't. Let go, Leeteuk!" I cried out, shaking my arm. Leeteuk grabbed me to sit down, but I tried to push him away.

"Leeteuk! Let go! I said let go!" I yelled at him. Leeteuk released me. Then, he smirked.

"Is that how you treat your boyfriend?" he teased. I glared at him and ran outside. I ran where Yuri was. Yuri looked at me strangely.

"Tae-"

"YA! KWON YURI! You think that you can tell everyone about my past with Junsu? How dare you!" I shouted at her. Yuri flinched. 

"I was-"

"You were what? You were trying to help? I don't think so! You know how I feel when someone talks about him around me!"

"How did you know?" she asked quietly.

"Leeteuk! It's obvious! He was talking about it! Yoona doesn't even know Junsu, Jessica doesn't care about my problems, and you were the only one who knew!" I shouted at her. I quickly ran out of her sight. I cried along the way. I finally stopped, walking forwards. I recognized this place. It was the park. This park was where Junsu and I met. His face kept appearing. I shook it out of my head. I sat on a bench, continuing to cry. I cried silently. I heard foot steps. I ignored the foot steps. Suddenly, someone handed me a tissue.

"Long time no talk, Taeyeon," a manly voice said. I slowly opened my eyes, looking up. Could it really be? I contacted with his eyes. 

"Hey Junsu," I greeted quietly. He sat next to me, wiping my tears with his tissue. Just like when we were little kids, I smiled to myself. 

"Now what's the problem?" he asked. I bit my lower lips. I turned away from him.

"Nothing.. why would you care? You always ignored me," I said harshly. 

"I care because I love you, remember?" he said. I could sense him smiling. I looked at him. Yup, he was smiling. I sighed deeply.

"My problem, Junsu? Is you," I told him. I got up, but I felt a tight grip on my wrist. I turned around and saw Junsu again. He was looking down onto the ground.

"Is it because I always avoided you?" he asked me calmly. I nodded. He looked at me with those caring eyes.

"Want to know why?" he asked me softly. I nodded. We sat down the bench again. Junsu gazed up at the stars.

"I felt embarrassed. I told Yuri about this. She wished me many luck. I told Jessica about this, too. She ignored me, snorting. She said that I had no chance because you didn't believe in love. I ignored her, and confessed to you. You didn't accept me, and I felt like a fool. So I avoided you. I felt that something bad would happen between us. When I confessed to you, I could feel that our friendship breaking apart quickly. If I avoided you, everything would be the same. It's still broken, but we're still connected a little," he explained. I nodded slowly, still quiet.

"So, shall we start a new friendship?" he smiled at me, extending an arm. I gave him a warm smile back.

"We shall, Junsu," I said, shaking his hand. He smiled even more when I called his time. I giggled.

"You still have feelings for me, don't ya?" I asked him. He nodded shyly. I laughed and patted his back.

"I'm sure you'll love someone else soon. Who knows-- maybe someone already loves you," I winked at him. 

"Taeyeon... do you think our friendship is fixed?" he asked me. I smiled at him. Our friendship healed, Junsu. Lets hope that our friendship is always connected.