Sports Game Cheers!

A Glued Friendship

Yoona's P.O.V

Today was my first day of cheer. We each had to cheer for a member from the soccer team. The soccer team's (or called Super Tigers Team) were having their first game for the trimester this week. There were 14 of us and 12 of them. Two of the girls wouldn't need to cheer, or can share a cheer partner. Many, many people wanted to cheer for Donghae. I looked at the list, reading the names. Most I wasn't familiar, but I recognized only two: Donghae and Ryeowook. I might take Ryeowook if Donghae gets chosen. 

"Yoong, who are you thinking of to choose?" a girl named Hyoyeon asked me. 

"I'm thinking of Donghae like the other girls, but then if he gets taken, I'll choose Ryeowook," I replied. 

"Ah! Why Donghae?" another girl named Sooyoung joined us. 

"I have a small crush on him..." I replied shyly. Hyoyeon and Sooyoung grinned.

"Aigoo~ The new member of the cheer already has someone she likes! How cute!" Hyoyeon squealed. I blushed at their comments. Jessica, the leader of this cheer, made it final.

"I'm cheering for Donghae, alright?" she snapped. Everyone fell silent.

"Then can I do Ryeowook?" I asked.

"No far! I wanted to do Ryeowook!" a girl named Eun Jung complained.

"Hush! Yoona wanted to do Ryeowook and asked first. So, she'll do Ryeowook. Everyone else, find someone else!" Jessica said. Everyone scrambled through the list, thinking of who to cheer for.

"Wow, Jessica, you're the best!" I hugged her. She smiled at me.

"Of course! There isn't anything that I can't do," she smirked. Once everyone was done with choosing the boy they were going to cheer for, we went to the bulletin board. We posted the list on the board and on the internet. After that, we went to do our cheer practice.

"One, two, three!" Jessica counted. We cheered, we shouted, and we did some stunts. I found it pretty fun when I cheered. When we were taking a break, I drew what we did today. When Jessica came, she laughed.

"Why are you drawing that?" she asked.

"Well, to remember. Don't you want to remember what happened today?" I asked her back. She thought about it for a moment. Then, she just patted me on the back and smiled.

"Awesome drawing! Give me a copy after, please?" she pleaded. I laughed at her puppy eyes and nodded. She gave me a wide grin.

"Thanks!" she thanked, hugging me. I continued to draw, and I made a small note to myself. Practice cheer for Ryeowook!

Donghae's P.O.V.

I kicked the ball swiftly around the opposite team. I was quick and strong, so it wasn't that hard. Once I shot the ball into the goal, I cheered loudly with my team. They carried me on their shoulders as I faked-kiss the invisible crowd. Finally, I got off of their shoulders and went to take a drink. Coach came and smiled proudly at me.

"Good job, Donghae!" he smiled. I grinned back.

"Thanks, Coach!" I exclaimed.

"But... you might want to pass the ball around your team. It's not all about winning, you know," he winked. I scrunched my eyebrows. What did he mean? I ignored what he meant, and continued to gulp down my water. Ryeowook sat next to me, smiling.

"Wow Donghae! You shot all the goals for us! Thanks!" he said sarcastically. 

"Are you angry at me?" I asked, frowning.

"No, no, not at all," he replied quietly. We heard Coach blow his whistle, and all of us jogged towards him. 

"Okay, boys! You're game is coming up this week! Make sure you're ready! And we got the cheer squad to cheer for us at the games! Each of them will be cheering for you. Who knows, some of you guys may have two cheerleaders because there are 14 of them! They are posted on the school's website and on the bulletin board. You are dismissed!" Coach explained. He blew his whistle again, and everyone started to pack up for next class. I changed into my jeans and a white t-shirt after I took a shower. I combed my hair a little, and then went out. I wanted to see who was cheering for who, and so I went up to the school's bulletin board. Ryeowook caught up to me quickly.

"Donghae! Man, why you walking so fast?" he asked. 

"I'm not walking that fast, Ryeowook!" I rolled my eyes. 

"Well, who do you want for the cheer thingy?" he asked me. I thought about that for a moment. Then, I shrugged. I never really paid any attention to the cheer thingy whatever it was before.

"I'm hoping I get either Jessica or Yoona. Jessica the most," he said, blushing a little. I stopped walking for a moment. Yoona? Really? When was she in the cheer squad? My heart felt all jumpy and happy. Maybe she'll pick me to cheer! No wait-- she will pick me for cheer. I'm the coolest guy there is! Who couldn't ask for more? We saw a whole bunch of guys from our team surrounding the bulletin board, pointing at it. I slid my way through them, smiling at the thought of Yoona cheering for me. 

Once I made it to the front of the board, I skimmed my hand around. I found my name, and traced my finger through the dotted line. I was smiling really wildly. It really might be Yoona! Then, when I pointed to a girl's name, my face fell.

"WHAT?" I shouted, retracing the name. Sure enough, it pointed to Jessica. My smile was forever gone. I was angry. Maybe upset. A little jealous, probably, when I saw who Yoona was paired up with.

"RYEOWOOK?!" I shouted once more, not realizing how loud I was. The guys stepped back, looked at one and each other, curious about why I was shouting. I couldn't help it! I mean, yesterday, Ryeowook and Yoona spent some time together! Now, they would probably spend more time together! What is this, some kind of joke? 

"Hey Donghae!" a friendly voice greeted me. 

"Go away!" I snapped, not knowing who the girl was.

"Don't worry, he's not in the mood. By the way, thanks for choosing me, Yoona," I heard Ryeowook. I stopped. Yoona? My heart pounding a billion times. My cheeks were burning as I slowly glanced at Yoona. Her beautiful, angelic face smiled at Ryeowook and back at me. That smile was just so pure! I cleared my throat, nervous of what to say.

"Um, hey Yoong," I stammered. 

"Hey Donghae! You okay? You don't seem well. Want me to take you to the nurse?" she offered. I shook my head quickly.

"N-no! Yes! I mean, no! I mean," I sighed, "I'm fine, thanks." I ran up to the office myself, but not to the nurse-- the principal. I showed the principal the website and the list. I pointed to Yoona's name and mine.

"I would like her to cheer for me," I said. It came out a little demanding, but I didn't care. The principal looked at the name. Then, he pressed a button.

"Would Im Yoona, Jung Jessica, and Kim Ryeowook come to my office?" the principal spoke through a microphone. I turned red.

"Y-ya! You didn't need to call them!" I stammered. What was Yoona going to think? How about Jessica? No, I didn't really care about Jessica. But what would Yoona think? Would Ryeowook get suspicious? The doors opened, and I knew who it was. Jessica, Ryeowook, and Yoona came back, wondering why they were here. I blushed just seeing Yoona. 

"Miss Jung, would you mind changing partners to Mr. Kim?" the principal asked nicely.

"Why?" Jessica blurted out. The principal explained that he thought it would be better, and Jessica gave in. Yoona and Ryeowook just gave a small nod. I was satisfied that Yoona nor Ryeowook complained. When we were dismissed, I smiled at Yoona. She saw me, and gave me a smile back. I think I'm falling for her...