The Date

Staying with Suju

~~{Zhou Mi's POV}~~
I took a deep breath.
I was gonna ask Kay to watch a movie with me so I can confess the truth.
" I'm just getting ready to watch a movie later on. You wanna join? " I asked nervously.
She smiled.
" Sure! "
" Great, meet me here at 6, " I smiled back and she headed upstairs to change.
When she was out of sight, I jumped and whispered "yes! "
After I calmed down, I checked my watch. I had a whole hour to get ready for my movie night with Kay.
I made a mental checklist of what I had to do before 6 o' clock:
 - pick out a nice looking outfit
 - prepare the living room for a romantic date (candles?)
 - take a shower and change into nice clothes
 - get in the living room early for some last minute preperations
I could feel the excitement in me about to burst.
First things first, it's time to go shopping.
~~{Kay's POV}~~
I quickly changed into a simple Hollister shirt and dark skinny jeans.
I couldn't believe it. Did Zhou Mi just ask me out on a date?
And I agreed to come?
Yes, I did, and now I had to get ready for the movie night.
I sprayed on a little perfume then stopped to think.
Why get all fancied up when I'm just going to watch a movie?
The door opened up and Henry walked in.
" Heyo! " he called to me.
He took a sniff.
" Do I smell perfume? " he asked with a confused look on his face.
" Oh, yeah. I was just getting ready for movie night with Zhou Mi, " I said while reaching for my brush.
I should at least look decent.
" Ooooh, a date ," Henry smiled.
I turned to him.
" Ha ha, very funny. Right, it's not a date, we're just gonna watch a movie together and that's it, " I said crossing my arms.
" You know he has a crush on you, right? "
" I know, I could tell, " I said.
Henry laughed and grabbed a pillow.
" I'm gonna be down the hall watching you guys and then tell everyone that there's a new couple..."  I cut him off by throwing my brush at him.
He blocked it with his pillow..
" I gotta a better plan for you, why don't you join us? " I didn't want to be alone.
" I'm in! " he put the pillow back and tossed the brush back to me.
I caught with my amazing reflexes and set it down on the table.
" Cool, it's at 6, which is in like 30 minutes, "
I looked at my cousin.
" Thanks, I don't think I would be able to survive by myself, " I kinda shrugged my shoulders and smiled at him.
" No problem, and I'll try not to be too close and give you some space if you need it, " Henry winked at me.
I reached for my brush again and threatened to throw it.
He flinched and laughed.
I stood up and went back to my closet.
Maybe I could change into something a little nicer.
I pulled out my dark red mini dress and black leggings.
" What do you think? Should I wear this? " I turned towards Henry and placed the outfit in front of me.
He smiled and tilted his head. He looked as if he was a judge at a fashion show.
" Hmmmm..."
I laughed as he rubbed his chin.
" Hang on..." he stood up and walked into my closet.
He looked through my clothes.
" A HA! " he pulled out a short black mini coat with a black ruffled rose.
He handed it to me and pointed outside towards the bathroom.
" Now, go try it on, " he gave me a little push.
I giggled and stumbled into the bathroom.
Five minutes later, I walked back into the room.
I stood in front of Henry, who was laying on his bed with a magazine, and twirled around on my sequined flats.
He sat up and examined my outfit.
" Muah! Magnificent! " he pretended to be an Italian fashion proffessional.
I laughed and bounced on one foot.
" Thank you soo much for helping me out. I owe you BIG TIME! "
" Nah, just me being me, " he shrugged his shoulders and smiled.
~~{Zhou Mi's POV}~~
I left the shop with an armful of bags.
I had bought some vanilla and chocolate scented candles, a new outfit (black button-down shirt, white tank-top, ripped jeans), and some new cologne.
Once I arrived, I went into the bathroom to change my outfit. I didn't go into my room because Kay might be in there.
After I was dressed, I went back to the living room to set up the candles and neaten up the couch.
I the T.V. and the DVD player.
Then I dimmed the lights a little bit, just enough so that you could clearly see the T.V. screen but not too dark.
I checked the clock as it clicked to 6 o' clock.
No footsteps heading down the stairs yet. That still gave me time for extra preparation.
I put in the DVD and got it ready to begin playing.
Finally I heard footsteps. And a quiet conversation between a guy and a girl.
I sat down on the couch.
Kay came around the corner. Along with Henry.
My mouth dropped, but I quickly closed it before anyone noticed.
" Hey Mimi! I hope you don't mind, but I invited Henry if that's allright with you, " Kay smiled brightly.
I swallowed my dread.
" Oh, ok. That's fine. I guess he can join, " I wanted to kick him.
Henry came over to me.
" Don't worry, I'll give you some space, and privacy if you need it. She just wasn't so sure about being alone with you, " he whispered to me.
I gave a little nod and relaxed in my seat as Kay sat beside me. Henry sat in the recliner in the corner, stretching out.
I hit the play button on the remote. The movie began playing.
" Oooh, is this War of the Worlds? I LOVE this movie! " she said lifting up her feet onto the couch.
She hugged her legs and placed her head on top of her knees.
I couldn't focus on the movie.
I had to think of when I was gonna tell her.
" Henry, do you think you can go into the kitchen to get some drinks and some popcorn? " I looked over at Henry and raised my eyebrows.
" Oh! Yeah, sure, I'll be back in a bit, " he got up out of his chair, actually figuring out what I meant.
Finally, I could tell her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D will update soon, but for right now I need a break. WRITING A STORY IS EXHAUSTING!! >.<