Chapter Eight

Come To Me - Sequel to Insatiable - A BEATWIN Fanfiction by Eden Nicole Black

At this point, I was about 99% sure I knew what decision I would make. I laid on my bed that night not being able to sleep a wink, staring up at the ceiling, replaying every beautiful moment of the last three days over again in my head.

 

   A happy sigh escaped me. I rolled over and looked at the clock. It read 3 AM.

 

   Great. I’m losing precious beauty sleep.

 

   But no matter how hard I tried, I could not get my brain to take a break. Scanning through my phone, my finger dialed Youngjo’s number.

 

   “Yeoboseyo?” His quiet voice echoed over the line.

 

   “Hi…” Suddenly it was awkward. “Mianhaeyo…. I know it’s late...or extremely early, depending on how you look at it. I couldn’t sleep.”

 

   “You don’t have to be sorry. You can call us anytime. We are here for you.” I heard the smile in his voice.

 

   “My brain won’t shut up.”

 

   “We heard.” He chuckled.

 

   “Aish! Seriously?!” Embarrassment washed over me. “Why is this happening to me?...” I complained to no one in particular.

 

   “Because you’re special.” Youngjo’s words made me pause.

 

  “I am?”

 

   “Ne!” He continued. “You were chosen out of billions to stand beside us, to support us, to love us. Out of the whole world, we chose you.”

 

I was in tears. I knew it was all true. My heart suddenly felt so happy, and the heavy weight crushing me the past few days lifted off my shoulders.

 

   “Youngjo….”

 

  “Hm?”

 

   “Gomawo.” I sniffled.

 

   “Aniyo. Get some rest.”

 

   My heart was free and my head was clear. I soon drifted off into a restful sleep.

 

 

---------

 

 

The next morning, I woke up more refreshed than I had been in a very long time.

 

  With a stretch, I climbed out of bed, ruffling my unruly curls and headed for the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and checked my complexion, before rubbing some lotion on my face. My stomach started to growl.

 

   Must I always feed you? Aish! You’re such a fatty.

 

   I opened the bathroom door and headed down the hall to the kitchen, skidding to halt. Sunhyeok was standing in my kitchen!

 

   “Sunhyeok!” My mouth was hanging open in shock, especially when he turned around sporting an apron and a spatula.

 

“Morning, Jagiya!” He grinned. “I cleaned up the apartment for you.”

 

   I gazed around the room and sure enough, no lie, he had picked up all the clutter and straightened and dusted everything!

 

   “When did you get here?” Still bewildered, I sat down at the breakfast table.

 

   “A couple of hours ago. I didn’t want to wake you... you looked so peaceful.” He winked.

 

   With a blush, I sniffed the air curiously. “What are you making?” It smelled heavenly.

 

   “Pancakes! I hope you’re hungry!” He smiled, flipping one of them over in the pan.

 

   “Wow!” I was speechless. “Thank you!”

 

   He put several pancakes stacked up on a plate and drizzled some buttered syrup over it, and even added a strawberry garnish on top, placing the plate down in front of me with pride.

 

“This is wonderful! What did I ever do to deserve this?” I giggled, taking a bite of the delicious feast.

 

   Sunhyeok sat down across from me with a plate of his own and smiled. “You were born.”

 

   His expression became distant, but quickly disappeared. “Eat! It will get cold!”

 

   “But wait...what about our date? Shouldn’t you be getting ready?” I ate another sweet mouthful.

 

   “Pabo, this is our date!” He laughed.

 

   I blinked and looked up at him. “But I haven’t even gotten dressed yet!!! And I’m not wearing any makeup! And and and….” The cries were becoming frantic.

 

   “You don’t need any of that. You are perfect the way you are.” He looked up with eyes full of love. I could tell he was serious.

 

   There goes that last 1%....

 

   “What?” He mumbled through a mouthful.

 

   “Ani.” I smiled happily, finishing the rest of my breakfast.

 

Sunhyeok stood up and reached for my empty plate. “I’ll do the dishes. You can go take a shower or get dressed if you want to.” He turned his back to me and busied himself at the sink.

 

   I stood up from my seat, but paused, watching the back of him as he washed dishes.

 

   Suddenly, I got an urge. Stepping forward, I wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging him from behind.

 

   He froze.

 

   “Kamsahamnida.” I whispered, with my cheek pressed up against his back.

 

   “For what?” His voice rumbled through his body to my ear.

 

   “For everything.” I hugged him for one more second before letting go and hurrying to my bedroom. “I’ll go get dressed now.”

 

   My heart was fluttering. Where did I get the courage to do that? I patted the redness from my cheeks and finished getting dressed.

 

   His kindness had thrown me off guard. I had no idea this was supposed to be the date. What did he have planned?

 

   Sneaking down the hall again, I peered cautiously around the corner. He wasn’t in the kitchen.

 

   “You can come out of hiding now.” His laugh echoed from the living room.

 

   I jumped and sheepishly walked into the room where my date was now turning on the big screen tv with the remote and fluffing the pillows on the couch. The lights were dimmed down low.

 

   “Come.” He smiled, taking a seat and patting the spot next to him.

 

   Suddenly, I was shy. I looked at the spot next to him. There wasn't much room. My heart was hammering.

 

   Sunhyeok looked up at me with an amused face. “I don’t bite. I promise.” He patted the couch and put his arm comfortably on the back of the seat I would sit in.

 

   The butterflies in my stomach were having a field day.

 

   I cautiously inched my way to the couch and awkwardly sat down next to him.

 

   His arm wrapped around my shoulder and pulled me back against his side, as his other hand pushed the play button on the remote.

 

   I didn't blink. My body was stiff as a board. My breathing became non-existent.

 

   “Relax.” He whispered in my ear.

 

   Chill bumps ran across my whole body. I bit my lip, trying to keep my feelings in check. I had forgotten I wasn’t breathing. I gulped in a deep hesitant breath, but my heart still wasn’t calmed.

 

   “Do you like action movies?” Sunhyeok asked, trying to break the ice.

 

   I nodded in silent agreement, wondering what the heck happened to all that courage I had a little while ago.

 

  At any moment, I kept waiting for the other guys to walk in and crash our date, but nothing ever happened. Maybe because it was their leader?

 

   Sunhyeok shifted in his seat, moving even closer; his arm still around my shoulders. The warmth of his body radiated into my left side. I didn’t dare move.

 

   “Why are you so tense?” He asked.

 

   “I don’t know.”

 

   “Should I make you more comfortable?” He let go of my shoulder.

 

   I nodded slightly.

 

   The next moment, his lips covered mine. I blinked in surprise, but very soon felt caution slipping away, letting the explosion of feelings inside take over me. I felt his hand on the back of my neck. The butterflies frenzied and burst out through my body, making me feel warm and fuzzy.

 

   The leader pulled back and looked me in the eye. “Have you decided yet?”

 

   I had to think a minute what he was referring to. My brain was mush.

 

Ummmm....

 

   “We chose you. What is your decision? Will you stay with us?” His steady gaze was illuminated by the light of the tv.

 

   “Yes.” I didn’t have to think anymore. “Yes. I will stay with you.”

 

   Sunhyeok smiled, leaning forward, planting another kiss on my forehead. “Saranghae, Jagiya.” He whispered, wrapping his arm around me again and pulling me close.

 

I snuggled into his side and laid my head on his shoulder as we finished the rest of the movie.