Chapter Six

Come To Me - Sequel to Insatiable - A BEATWIN Fanfiction by Eden Nicole Black

   I was still giddy by the time I returned home.

 

   The feels I’m getting from these boys…

 

   After going on a date with Youngjo the night before and then Seongho this afternoon… I can’t imagine what's in store for me next.

 

   With a little time to kill before the next event, I plopped down in front of my laptop and decided to do some “stalking of my own” on my guardian angels.

 

   I searched the internet for photos and music videos and ultimately ended up ordering one of BEATWIN's albums and changing their photo to my desktop wallpaper. The fangirl inside me was born.

 

   Just then, my phone rang. It was my new friend and coworker, Ari!

 

   “Yeoboseyo?” I answered cheerfully.

 

   “You don’t sound sick.” Her voice became suspicious.

 

   Oh… I forgot… I’m supposed to have the flu.

 

   *Cough cough*

 

   “Uh… I just took a shower so I sound a bit better…” Lamest excuse on the planet.

 

   I glared at the smiling angels on my computer screen for putting me in this mess.

 

   “Gwenchana? How are you feeling? When your cousins called and said you were sick, I was worried about you.” Ari said.

 

   Cousins, huh….That’s the best they could come up with?

 

   “I’m ok. I’ll be back at work soon.  I promise.” I added an extra cough.

 

   “Omo! So when can I meet these cousins of yours? They sound hot!”

 

   Oh no....

 

   “Um… I don’t know...they are just visiting for the week to take care of me. They live really far away.”

 

   “Oh…” The disappointment was evident.

 

   Ari continued. “Well, let me know if you need anything.”

 

   “Arasso. Gomawo!” Ari was nice. I hated lying to her.

 

   Yea, but try explaining that her favorite boy band is practically living at your house and that they aren’t even human… Um yea, ain’t gonna happen.

 

   When the call ended, I noticed I only had 30 minutes to get ready.

 

   There was no word from Yoonhoo yet this afternoon so I wasn’t sure what to wear on our date. So I sent him a text.

 

   A few minutes later came the reply.

 

   Wear something warm. It’s a bit chilly out tonight. Miss you Jagiya *kiss kiss*

 

   Oh God....It’s already starting. The hyperventilating, the lack of oxygen, the fluttery butterfly feeling in the pit of my stomach. I’m not even on the date yet….

 

   Dang it. I’m so done for.

 

   In jeans, a crocheted sweater, and a stylish infinity scarf, I checked my makeup and fluffed my wavy curls in the floor length mirror.

 

   My phone buzzed in my back pocket. It was a message from Yoonhoo.

 

   Meet me at Caffé Bene at 6. I’ll be waiting at the back of the restaurant…

 

   I was getting nervous. These dates were more than I ever imagined and I had no idea what was in store for me.

 

   Caffé Bene was on the other side of Seoul from where I lived, so I caught a taxi and spent the next 30 minutes trying not to hyperventilate in the guy’s backseat.

 

   Upon arriving, I quickly paid the driver and stepped out onto the busy sidewalk; peering up at the brightly lit picture window with Caffé Bene written across the glass in bold lettering. The view was very warm and inviting.

 

   I recognize this place...it was on that drama I watched… what was it called...oh yea, Secret Garden. Omo! Didn’t they have a kiss scene here?

 

   Stepping out of the chilly air into the warm spacious café, I was greeted by the heavenly smell of waffles and coffee.

 

   My eyes scanned the room, searching the tables in the back for a familiar face. Yoonhoo was waiting for me just like he had promised.

 

   I was met with the biggest grin that stretched from one side of his face to the other. He stood up to greet me, giving me a warm hug and planting an unexpected kiss on my cheek.

 

   My hand touched the spot in surprise as shades of pink dusted my cheeks. My heart was doing somersaults.

 

   Pulling out a chair for me, his voice brushing my ear as I sat down, “You look gorgeous.”

 

   My heart was hammering so loud in my chest. Can he stop being so gorgeous for one second and let a poor girl breathe?

 

   “I heard that.” He reminded me, winking playfully as he took a seat across from me.

 

   My face turned bright red from embarrassment and I quickly hid behind the menu in a feeble attempt to block in my annoying loud and embarrassing thoughts.

 

   I watched wide-eyed as a long elegant finger slowly curved over the top of my menu, pulling it down away from my face. Yoonhoo’s face was right behind it, closer than I was expecting, startling me.

 

   “Pabo, why do you get so embarrassed?” He asked with a curious smile.

 

   I’m sure that my face was the brightest shade of red at that moment. The feelings I am getting from these boys will be the death of me.

 

   Subconsciously, I bit my lip trying to get my act together before answering him.

 

   Yoonhoo’s curious gaze fell onto my lips, watching me abuse them. In the blink of an eye, he leaned forward, stealing a kiss.

 

   Time seemed to stop. Maybe it had. My heart skipped a beat and I felt as though I could fly.

 

   “Do you want to?” Yoonhoo murmured with his lips on mine.

 

   “Mmm?” Was the only sound my brain could form at the moment.

 

   “Do you want to fly?”

 

   I quickly pulled back and looked him in the eye.

 

   “You think I’m joking?” He chuckled, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of my seat towards the door.

 

   Leaving the café’s warmth and escaping out into the chilly night air, Yoonhoo turned to face me, his dark eyes gazing deep into mine, lit up by the fluorescent glow of Seoul’s nightlife.

 

   Suddenly, the bright car lights zooming passed us blurred into a scramble of red and white lines. Strangers that walked past us on the sidewalk halted in mid-step. The busy world around us froze before my very eyes.

 

   Yoonhoo smiled. “Do you want to fly with me?”

 

   “Jinjja?!?!” I could barely contain the excitement I was feeling.

 

   He nodded, his smile getting bigger. With a little spark of light, his magnificent white wings burst out from his shoulder blades, stretching to their full length in a glorious display high above our heads.

 

   I will never get used to this…

 

   The angel held his hand out towards me. My heart fluttered crazily from excitement and nervousness as I put my hand in his, and he pulled me close to his warm body. I looked up into his soft gaze and felt his arms wrap tight around my waist.

 

   He grinned. “Hold on tight!”

 

   I wrapped my arms around his neck as his wings spread to their full extent and caught the wind, lifting us off the ground, higher and higher into the night sky.

 

   My eyes closed and my grip got tighter as the fear of falling overwhelmed me.

 

   “I won’t let you fall, baby girl.” He promised, smiling down at me.

 

   My eyes fluttered open. The twinkling city lights of Seoul stretched out far below us. We were high above the tallest skyscraper! The view was breathtaking!

 

   The stars look so close from here!

 

   “Do you like it?” He asked hopefully.

 

   All I could do was nod in speechless wonder. Words escaped me.

 

   “Jagiya…” I heard Yoonhoo’s soft voice say in my ear.

 

   I turned away from the amazing view to look into his equally beautiful eyes.

 

   They were filled with longing. “Please let us stay.” He leaned down and captured my lips in another kiss as starlight swirled around us.